Fridaily: Even the broken calendar is correct today

essojay

Jun 26, 2004
Fridaily: Even the broken calendar is correct today

Here's a shoutout to all the Mac users.

Today, the default iCal icon has the correct date on it. :thumbup:

I couldn't resist posting it, so I started the daily early. (It's already Friday in most parts of the world, anyway.)

RL: superseded by D2, other than a meeting with my research boss. For once, I'm not scared, because I actually got all the work done. :jig:
D2: Baal runs, then LK runs, then maybe cow runs.

So what are your plans for today?

Re: Fridaily: Even the broken calendar is correct today

What a day..

RL: Shocked by the bombing news at two hotels (Ritz Carlton & J.W. Marriot) in Jakarta (capital of my country Indonesia). I was just there at the Marriot last weekend spending 2 nights. This is just crazy. Those terrorist mofos just won't give up.

D2: Probably none for the day. The news killed the mood.

RL: Work again... hopefully getting done somewhat early...

D2: Still planning my fire druid... I'm thinking I know what I'm doing, but I'm still playing with things. Is a Bowler that awesome if he stays with skills that are not past Molten Boulder (ie no Armageddon)? Is it even viable in the long run? Or should I go windy instead? And what type of damage does the Windy the most?

Windy is primarily a physical damage attacker. Fissure seems to be the more popular skill for fire druids.

http://www.chrisclarke.co.uk/nightfish.html

Find the one called Regret, I think it's guardian 16 or 18. Might provide some insight into elemental druids.

RL: Not yet. It's very early in the morning. If I think of something to do, it'll give me a reason to spam in the daily :)

D2: I'm just about ready to do LK runs. Maybe 50 for starters.

Aphid: Windy is physical damage (Tornado) supplemented by some cold from Hurricane. It is stronger build than an ordinary fire druid (not sure how Liq's Earth Shifter one compares), but fire druid skills can be fun to play with for a while.

EDIT: Smoked by Pijus. :X.

RL: Meh. Big lab report due tomorrow so it would probably be smart to get started on that pretty soon.

D2: Novelty character seems like bad idea for PvP, but hopefully she plays out okay. Too bad she needs level 89 for a crafted amulet with + strength. Just finished up hour #105 for LK as well. Still nothing of course. :p.

RL: Sanding, sanding, and more sanding. I spent 9 hours boiling in the sun sanding the deck on Thursday, and probably only did 30% of what needs to be sanded. Whee, sanding... it's so boring that it makes me wish I still smoked pot. :D

D2: I've been picking away at a few GF runs here & there, but I'll probably switch back to Cows or LK for a few runs.

@Nagisa: You've done 105 hours of LK runs?

Wow. I started in spring or something(march? april?), and I'm at 91 hours. I did take a few breaks here and there.

RL: Man, I had such plans for the day. Instead I just slept right through it. My GF sent me a couple texts during the course of the day, one of which was a little intriguing and could have used a response. ...But nope. Sleep.

Just woke up at 01:00. My to-to list now includes everything from yesterday, plus laundry, getting in some sleep somewhere, and maybe a load or two of laundry. Oh, and call a moving company to get an estimate for transporting a futon and bed/box spring. All before seeing the GF in the late afternoon. Ugh. Long day. It doesn't help my stomach's a little upset.

D2: If I do, I should punish myself somehow. Too much to do.

RL: Work this morning, domestic stuff this afternoon.

D2: Had a very odd dream last night that 1.13 had been released. Colony installed it between Baal runs and when we came back into the game Baals minions had some randomness to them. The throne was filled - no space at all - with Fallen and Venom Lords at the same time. V Strange. Thats what doing Baals for 4 hours solid does to you.

More Baals later I hope, may also continue with A1 Hell with my next 2h sword character.

RL: I'm in London and have been for two weeks. This is my first opportunity to post since my arrival, and will likely be my last for the next 8 days at least.

D2: I haven't actually been playing the game, but the sacred sword tournament looks sweet and I want to join!

Whee, sanding... it's so boring that it makes me wish I still smoked pot. :D

You can always start again :D

RL : Working. In a lot of pain. Was working out for 2 hours yesterday. I always forget to start slowly. Every muscle hurts. This cannot be healthy -.-

Saw Roger Federer yesterday while looking for wedding rings with my fiance. Happy that he still visits his home town from time to time :)

D2 : Didnt get to play at all. Still working on my fishymancer since i erased every savegame i had. He is in the Kurast Bazar, normal, lvl 23. Hope i find some time tonight and get him at least to act 4 :)

You probably won't see this, but have fun in England sorcererbob!

@TRM: I have indeed wasted most of the day also, and still have a couple of jobs to do from my to-do list three days ago. Good luck with your house preparations.

RL: Woke up late. Rain means no bokken practise, although flailing wilding isn't really practising anything! I hope to polish off the to-do list, or at the very least do the older jobs and find sensible new ones to do. More college work. Seeing the ex later.

D2: Played a bit with Pijus yesterday, that was really fun. Had trouble hearing him on Skype, not sure if it was a connection problem or whether my headset finally bit the bullet.

OVG: Fallout 3. I've just unlocked the locations of the other vaults, I was going to clear those out before I continue the main story arc - hopefully that should mean just as my cheque clears I'll need to buy the DLC. Didn't realise there's two more still planned, this could become expensive!

RL: No work today. Going running in a couple of hours, then I might be golfing or doing some other thing... I haven't heard back from anyone yet about it, so hopefully I'm golfing.

D2: Collected some horrible HF rushes yesterday. Probably work on some more later.

@Fast Eddie:
Exploring the Vaults was my favorite part of the game :). Some of them are pretty neat.

RL: Walked to the city and bought a pair of decent dress shoes since I didn't have any after my relocation. Good thing to have if you want to go clubbing... Gotta do some damn accounting homework since I'm more than likely getting pissed at the pub tommorow.

D2: Not sure if I can. I want to but needless to say I've got to prioritize school before fun, which probably means I'll play some Diablo and then maybe do some homework...

@Esso: With all that mac does brilliantly, why oh why can't they get the iCal icon to display the proper date? Seems like an easy fix, but whatever.

RL: COFFEE. I need coffee. Lots and lots of coffee. And a cigarette.

Some job hunting, 'work' for weird British dude, some eating, maybe a nap (but probably not), and definitely some

D2: didn't play yesterday, which is just as well I suppose. Today: Judith or A_Kitin or some Sept play, or all three.

Work-RL : NO!!! @ last 2 weeks vaccation
Home-RL : Found this nice app which export youtube to avi mp3 etc, building up music stashes
Misc-RL : Going on a cruise with a friend today, we have NES + Mini TV and Music system along... it will end bloody however :guiness:

D2 : 13 LK runs left of my daily 50.. thats about it.

have a good friday SPF :wave:, I will try to give a full damage report tomorrow!

Last edited:

@Fasteddie: I did see it, and thank you. I'm having a ball. This is the first day I've had off in 2 weeks (from sightseeing). I think I'll have a nap or watch some more Top Gear

@Esso: With all that mac does brilliantly, why oh why can't they get the iCal icon to display the proper date? Seems like an easy fix, but whatever.

The iCal app in the iPod Touch and iPhone always shows the correct date, so I expect Apple will fix it for the computers too. :scratchchin:

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High