Change MFO Categories

What area will you run in the upcoming MFO

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Change MFO Categories

I think runehunts should be held for mini-MFO's where there is no swapping. I've got my little Meph project going on so I'll probably be running Meph anyway but will not formally be part of the MFO (unless people promise not to take any of my finds due to my project stipulations) but anyway...

Regarding AT v other alvl 85 areas: I think as time goes on, the community as a whole gravitates towards the most efficient sources of MF which is why everyone runs there anyway. It's too easy to run AT with sub-minute runs and very high MF numbers that other areas can't really compete on the efficiency.

I also think that keeping the number of categories to a minimum will make the competition more interesting. I'd say stick with 3 but there are 4 obvious areas and I don't know if you can throw one out (Meph, Pindle, Baal, A85). So, maybe you could get away with combining Pindle and the A85 areas and have them be a single category -- they score the same and I think drop rates/time are very comparable i.e. 3 Pindle runs/minute = 6 A85 Unique bosses/min. Sure Pindle doesn't drop Tyreal's or Azurewrath (two items that would both probably score) but they are pretty rare and usually don't figure in the scoring (only 2 Azurewraths were scored in the last two MFO's from A85 and only one of them went to someone high in the rankings) Go back to 2006 and there were none. If the results from the past 3 years had been combined, you'd have one winner from the Pindle category and 2 from the A85 area with scores generally mixing up well. Generally, the winner has had a very good string of luck with a Stormlash or a couple of "Death's" items. Tradition says keep them separate but by combining them, you'd probably have a really big contestant pool. I mean, most of the long-time MF crowd has pretty much everything Mephisto drops so that's not a good use of their time. Baal requires more stamina and a pretty good build to be competitive. Most people run Pindle or an A85 area so why not combine them and have a huge competition?

Anyway, just thinking out loud :)

I voted for AT. Runhunt sounds fun also. Third choice :scratchchin: Meph I guess
When will MFO start?

Also, when i voted, thread loaded was not this one, but one with voting for some tourney ideas, but pool was this one, of MFO thread. Anyone else had same problem?

I'm going to change my mind about splitting the A85 category. It's the one category where the competition is always fierce and that's a good thing. Last MFO there ended up being only five of us Baal runners which was a bit disappointing. It would be a shame if we split the A85 category and ended up having two less competitive ones.

Also, this isn't just a MF competition, it's the MFOlympics. If ever there were a home for the most effective MF builds then this is it.

So I'm going to side with Hrus, bassano and others. Keep the number of categories to a minimum (i.e. the same). The big four MF targets are already represented and any other ones would probably be best suited for mini-MFOs.

I voted for AT. Runhunt sounds fun also. Third choice :scratchchin: Meph I guess
When will MFO start?

Also, when i voted, thread loaded was not this one, but one with voting for some tourney ideas, but pool was this one, of MFO thread. Anyone else had same problem?

It's a known forum bug, op even said: "
Also please post your 2nd and 3rd choices (after returning form the random poll thread)."

As for me, I'll run either AT , meph or andy if i decide to join, but not sure whether i'll have the time to compete (and as such i won't vote)

The char is currently lvl90 so the journey has barely just begun...
...but I'm not really sure if that's what you meant?

Every journey starts somewhere, are you currently hitting prime target?

Fortunately i've read this thread to its end, otherwise my answer could be - i have no time for this MFO...Luckily jjscud changed time schedule, so i will be in, running Pindle with my Barb like during last MFO...I have whole week for it (with exception of one day, when i want to compete in Žatec Strongest man )..

Enough off topic, i don't have anything to say about Alvl85, sorry...

Dont split the lvl 85 areas to smaller ones. I would like a big lvl 85 category.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High