Ignore list of gamespammers

Re: Ignore list of gamespammers

I'm just thankful they're content with spamming and running Baal instead of prowling the streets in search of Sarah Conner.

I'm just thankful they're content with spamming and running Baal instead of prowling the streets in search of Sarah Conner.

Sarah Connor would mop the streets with them.

And a movie about spambots searching for Connor would very likely be alot better than the latest T.

You be trashin' my broham Chrissie Bale?
Boy be ripped to town, T be it nahm sayn? spambots ain't got nuttin' for Machinist, nahm meen? Psycho be all up in they before they even be recognize.

You be trashin' my broham Chrissie Bale?
Boy be ripped to town, T be it nahm sayn? spambots ain't got nuttin' for Machinist, nahm meen? Psycho be all up in they before they even be recognize.

Fo sho. But dey be killed by da T-DRacoy.

Yo nicro we need another player for mafia get your butt into the signup thread up there.

Meh, mafia requires too much effort :D

Botters are definitely leveling. What a thought was a normal lvl90 Hdin began to hawk his $1.99 wares. So level req will not get that all. On the permanence of squelch - yeah it isn't :(

I know b/c the second I login I squelch all non-normal sn's in the default channel. The second they see you (even if you join a private channel) they get your acct name to spam/whisper to. So it's a good policy to squelch them ASAP to prevent. However, I know that someone I squelched a few days ago was back at it again just yesterday night. So it appears Blizz doesn't keep a permanent record of squelching.

Also you might notice that when you squelch some characters, it catches multiple (like 3 or 4) other characters at a same time.

I like FA better...

Anyways, back on topic, squelch only lasts until they/you log out I think. You could always stay away from normal chat channels :D

FA discussion thread further down (maybe second page) the forum. 10 man game.

I like FA better...

Anyways, back on topic, squelch only lasts until they/you log out I think. You could always stay away from normal chat channels :D

Actually it only lasts until you leave the game, I've seen a spambot "follow" a certain baalrun, and we all had to squelch him every game, when 3-4 spambots joined at the same time, I just stopped squelching, paused my movements and hit 'n'...

I think the best solution is simply to chop off the fingers of the people who create the spambots.

Squelch unfortunately only works until you leave the game you're in. Join a new one and the same bots you just shut up can fill your screen with spam again.

I've always found it pretty ridiculous that the game doesn't have a permanent ignore feature...

Actually it only lasts until you leave the game, I've seen a spambot "follow" a certain baalrun, and we all had to squelch him every game, when 3-4 spambots joined at the same time, I just stopped squelching, paused my movements and hit 'n'...

yeah i had a lvl 91 paladin following my baal run around today it was really getting annoying.

also, what is this N key everyone keeps talking about (i know that its a letter, but whats its purpose <.< )

I've been out of the game for over a year, so i'm still learning some of the commands.

The N key instantly clears all chat text on the screen.

I noticed the ones that are least annoying, i.e. the ones that whisp you every now and then, can be ignored for the duration of you log in. Sadly that hardly solves the problem.

Well I've had 3-4 people whisper me at once...which is why I have the mass squelching reflex anytime I log on, to at least mitigate that possibility. Oh and NEVER make a public game, otherwise they'll find you and annoy you lol. I accidentally made one of my MF games public (forgot to P/W). *facepalm*

A question for WoW players - is there spamming in that game? I would think the pay-to-play nature should weed them out right?

Well I've had 3-4 people whisper me at once...which is why I have the mass squelching reflex anytime I log on, to at least mitigate that possibility. Oh and NEVER make a public game, otherwise they'll find you and annoy you lol. I accidentally made one of my MF games public (forgot to P/W). *facepalm*

A question for WoW players - is there spamming in that game? I would think the pay-to-play nature should weed them out right?

The ignore function actually works there.

And CC, I think it's because the spambots log in only long enough to join a game.

Also, AFAIR, in WoW the message box is much smaller than the full-screen message box in D2, so it's not a problem.
'LFG Scholo'
'LF1M Strat UD..NO MORE roUGes n' hunters!'
ahh the memories :D

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High