The Prime Evils walk the earth! Official Diablo 2 Themed Mafia Signup Thread!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Prime Evils walk the earth! Official Diablo 2 Themed Mafia Signup Thread!!

All of ya should PM people you know...except for the above I listed. Those bastards (except Vegas) never bothered to respond one way or the other.

Re: The Prime Evils walk the earth! Official Diablo 2 Themed Mafia Signup Thread!!

We need more people!

This looks interesting - I would be totally new to this - even after reading the roles and general advice

So if your a cop you can get incorrect readings on people - insane cop or paranoid cop?

And if you get a reading of guilty then you have to gently weave it into the day conversation or risk mafia trying to kill you correct?

If you lot want a beginner at this - I'll give it a go :D

This looks interesting - I would be totally new to this - even after reading the roles and general advice

So if your a cop you can get incorrect readings on people - insane cop or paranoid cop?

And if you get a reading of guilty then you have to gently weave it into the day conversation or risk mafia trying to kill you correct?

If you lot want a beginner at this - I'll give it a go :D

Kind of, if you get the cop role...you won't know what variation of it.. all you will know is that you are the cop.

Ok, I have a technical question based off the above two posts:

What happens if the cop decides to investigate himself the first night?

Will he learn that he's paranoid, etc?

Excellent! Another player :D

I would imagine that if a cop investigates himself, his name would be put through the same formula just like everyone else, like if a bus driver switched him and a mafia member, it would read mafia. If he's an insane cop, it would read townie.

If a paranoid cop would investigate himself, he would get a wrong read. It's up to the host of the game to play around in it. He could read 'townie', since being paranoid he's actually helping the mafia, thus being a bad guy. Or he could read 'mafia', since he's still pro town.

Sounds like fun!

Hell yeah it's fun ;)

Quick hosting question, as long as we're on the subject. If a cop investigates someone, how detailed would the host get when explaining a role? is it just pro/anti-town? or would you say something vague like "player X has a medkit in his car"?

Hell yeah it's fun ;)

Quick hosting question, as long as we're on the subject. If a cop investigates someone, how detailed would the host get when explaining a role? is it just pro/anti-town? or would you say something vague like "player X has a medkit in his car"?

As detailed as the host wants. But it also depends on the type of the cop. If you have a flavor cop you only tell the cop items that the target has that would seem to suggest alignment. so if Noodle was the cop and investigated Wicked who was the Doc, I might say wicked had a crash cated and heart starting drugs. It also depends on theme a plain townie in a Diable themed game might have nothing but a few gold, some clothes and a walking stick.

Then there's the food cop variant: Pizza for Mafia and other food types for town and other roles.

It also depends on exactly who egets investigated (SK is immune from cop AFAIK)
and depends on involvement of besdriver and other factors.

yes this sounds thrilling. i still have to read the last forum mafia so i get a better understanding.

Less than 24 hours to go to sign up, folks! Soon after closing I will pm each of you your roles/alignments.

[Pudge]Ahhh fresh meat ;)[/Pudge]

Looking forward to Kick off!

Looking forward to Kick off!

Ivans playing?!!! :)

Damn straight Sir!

~6 1/2 hours left to sign up! Soon after closing (as soon as I get around to it), I will assign roles to everyone.

Never played this before, but I would like to give it a try. Count me in.

~6 1/2 hours left to sign up! Soon after closing (as soon as I get around to it), I will assign roles to everyone.

You can look on the wiki (or google) lord gurgis standardized role pm's for some ideas.

Damn this game seems to turn out great. Good luck hosting Marahumm and good luck playing everyone else. Hope this will get some more people interested in this game so the next one will have even more participants. Will def play next one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High