Etdlahq Memorial Bar - your shelter from forum crashes

i just read How to Regain Your Virginity by patricia marx and charlotte stuart.

interesting read. highly recommended.

I am back! I have not had access to my computer since Thursday, but I have finally grabbed it. Yay! And I see you guys were very busy while I was away.

So, I shall do this in list form:
-Someone get me a Dew. Stat!

- The Tour is here! Go Levi! Go Lance! (We need to make a Tour thread, Kay)

- I don't think I have a favorite movie, not one I can name off the top of my head anyway, but I would have to say Forrest Gump is up there.

- My 4th was awesome, I wish I had taken the video camera.

- I have my first race Friday evening, I am really nervous. I have been riding at least 10 miles a day to prepare, and I did laps around the lake today to test myself. The course will be a .75 mile loop, and the lake is roughly .78 miles, so it worked out well. I couldn't believe it myself, but I averaged between 21 and 22 miles an hour for 30 minutes. The TT will be much longer, so I have finally rode that route I've mentioned to prepare. It is about 18 miles, with some very severe hills at the end, and I did it in an hour and 20 minutes. That is counting the 15 minute break I took at the halfway to grab a Gatorade and check in, so it is pretty good time. I think I ride better when I am alone, really.

- Sorry to hear about the tonsils, Pijus. I got mine taken out many years ago, I wandered into my parents' room and told them I was sick. They were swollen so much I could barely breathe. And it's true what they say about the ice cream, I had more Popsicles then I knew what to do with. :grin:

I've been wondering where you've been at. There hasn't been nearly enough talk about the tour the last few days.

<Gatorade & a dew for pman>

Last I heard, Lance was milliseconds from the lead. Crazy! I never would have expected it. Do you think he's the virtual leader because he needed to prove that he could still compete and now he'll slip into his support role (I forgot the term... domestique?), or is he going for it all right away? No matter what, the guy is a damn good athlete. I think it's funny the drug testing officials said they were putting extra, extra, EXTRA time into making sure Lance is clean.

Good luck with your race! It sounds really exciting!

And to 'jay: I'll take your work on how funny that book is, but I don't need to read it. I've already got my own method for regaining your virginity:

• Get rejected by a girl you love.
  • Get depressed and lose your self confidence.
  • Drink youself into a stupor every night.
  • Do as many drugs as you can every other night.
  • Go live with your parents.
  • Stay unemployed as long as you can, but when you're so broke you can't afford a loaf of bread get a night job so you have no chance at a social life.
  • Go out to the bar with ten bucks... and make sure your wingman is a homosexual. (Alternatively, go to homosexual bars and be his straight wingman)
  • Drive a 'grandma tan' hatchback from the mid-80's, so you're too afraid to ask a potential girl for a date because she'd then see your ride. Also, make sure half the doors don't open, especially the driver's door, so you have to crawl over the passenger seat before she gets in (It's funny; they'd think you were being a gentleman by opening their door, but then you climb in ahead of them!)
  • Develop a crush on a girl, and then be told [falsely, I must add] that she's a transvestite. Begin your self loathing and crushing despair.

That's just the big stuff, but it's a good start. It kept me sex-free for about six years. Believe me, I don't need no stinkin' book.
edit: And I won't speak for him, but I bet JayGun's program sounds a little similar to mine. It works. Maybe he and I should write a book, too! :wink:

Last edited:
page 2 bump for the bar.

good luck with the race tomorrow, pancakeman!!

TRM: I should laugh, but some of your points do hit a little too close to home. :weep:

Whats up with bar guys, no posts in 11h?

have 2 improve... all of us!

*Hitting bootlegg energi drink*

EDIT : Go esso... you came and rescued the bar when I was complaining!

@TRM: well, my plan is extraordinarily similar, but a few points need clarification:

Step the First: Have a romantic affair with a woman who is not at all right for you, then spend several years trying to forget her.

Step the Second: Fall deeply, madly in love with 'perfect woman' and pursue things till the point where you're on one knee, gazing fondly up at her with a ring in your outstretched hand.

Step the Third: Get rejected.

Step the Fourth: Fall into a deep, dark hole of self-loathing.

Step the Fifth: In an attempt to pick yourself up, quit drinking and drugs for at least 2 years.

Step the Sixth: Spend aforementioned years studying fiendishly, get a BA and move on to Grad school, where you begin drinking heavily again.

Step the Seventh: Attend a grad program where all the other men in your department are homosexual, and where all the women are busy chasing undergraduate drug dealers and/or tenured professors.

Step the Eighth: Come to the realization that your recent attempts at romantic engagement have been with women who are completely wrong for you. In attempts to cope with this new knowledge withdraw from all but the most important social activities and increase consumption of alcohol.

Step the Ninth: Complete aforementioned grad program, but fail to secure employment of any sort.

Step the Tenth: Waste a year hunting for a job in a big city, preferably one that is at least 45 miles from your residence, thereby ensuring a complete lack of job offers. Failing this, or in addition if you like, make sure your chosen field consists of at least 60% women and 39% homosexual men. Also make sure that entry-level positions in said profession go exclusively to long-legged and/or large-breasted (preferably 'enhanced') blond women. This will add an extra layer and wrinkle to job-finding (in)capabilities.

With no job or other source of income, you'll need to curtail any remaining social activities, and instead drink alone in the cheapest, smallest, darkest, stankiest residence you can find/afford. This will ensure 1) that no woman ever wants to engage in romantic activities with you; 2) that even if something did transpire with a woman that you wouldn't be able to function properly due to over-drinking; and 3) that you develop a mild case of agoraphobia and a strong case of absolute fear and trembling even the thought of pursuing any sort of romantic engagement.

Step the Eleventh: Move back in with your parents. This will only serve to provide you an opportunity to save what little $$ you have remaining. Since you've already eschewed social engagements in favor of drinking alone, and since you've already developed extreme fright at the thought of romantic engagement, you'll have little opportunity to meet anyone, let alone any women whether they be right or wrong for you.

Step the Twelfth: [This is the hard one, for me anyway] Come to accept the fact that you're exceedingly likely to spend the rest of your life alone and try to take your mother's hints regarding grandchildren with very few grains of salt. Also attempt to ignore the biological imperative to procreate: replace, preferably, with the emotional imperative to drink to excess at any and every opportunity.

That's worked fairly well so far for me, so I'll also be skipping Esso's reading recommendation, but I will pass him an Earl Grey.

Despite my desire to be nap-free today, I desperately need one. Keep some LongHammer on ice for me, and I'll be back for it after naps and walking the dog.

Edit: Post nap and Post dog-walk @102degrees F, I'm ready for that LongHammer. And keep em coming!

Cheers, bar! :guiness:

Last edited:
Last I heard, Lance was milliseconds from the lead. Crazy! I never would have expected it. Do you think he's the virtual leader because he needed to prove that he could still compete and now he'll slip into his support role (I forgot the term... domestique?), or is he going for it all right away? No matter what, the guy is a damn good athlete. I think it's funny the drug testing officials said they were putting extra, extra, EXTRA time into making sure Lance is clean.

I doubt it - Lance made some veiled comments about the strongest rider being the leader of the team. Johan Brunyeel, team director made some equally vague comments about leadership too. I think that Lance is making a mistake - he knew that Contador was the strongest rider on the team, and that his return was in a lieutenant-like capacity, and now he's risking breaking up the world's strongest team for personal gain.

Tomorrow will be the true test - if Contador can make some serious time on Lance, then the team will have to support him, whereas if Lance can stick with Contador, the team runs the risk of a schism. Contador on the other hand has reportedly been making alliances with other Spanish riders in the event that the schism happens. I can't wait to see what happens tomorrow! Personally I think that Contador already proved himself by besting Lance in the opening time trial - a discipline that Lance normally does very well in.

Good luck in your TT pancake!

@MLM: I did 45 LK runs this morning. I'm at 5300 now.

Good 2 hear!

I´m heading back to the :heartbeat: of gaming real soon to, only need a Lem. (Like I will only have one beer at the pub and you can´t stop.)

have you seen my 2h Fanatic-Avenger Pally with Infinity merc?

You can take a lot of cred in that he exists!! :thumbup:

Last edited:
I'm scared that if I write my idea for a book the horrible truth will come out.

The work party was last night. My God that was horrible. I won ten-pin bowling by about 20 pins, with a score of 115, but that was a rubbish score for me. I got a box of chocolates and gave them to my ex. She wouldn't let me apologise, and it took me most of the night to fix it. The food was horrible. Who celebrates their summer achievements with bowling alley food? I swore at the organiser (my ex's best friend) when she tried to take my picture, and she 'told' on me straight away. After that we went to ye olde drum and basse club in the next town, but it was shut. It turns out that after several pints of snakebite and black I wasted my entire wage packet on strippers, and I inexplicably texted my ex that I hate her.

And my tattoo still hurts.

I'm scared that if I write my idea for a book the horrible truth will come out.

The work party was last night. My God that was horrible. I won ten-pin bowling by about 20 pins, with a score of 115, but that was a rubbish score for me. I got a box of chocolates and gave them to my ex. She wouldn't let me apologise, and it took me most of the night to fix it. The food was horrible. Who celebrates their summer achievements with bowling alley food? I swore at the organiser (my ex's best friend) when she tried to take my picture, and she 'told' on me straight away. After that we went to ye olde drum and basse club in the next town, but it was shut. It turns out that after several pints of snakebite and black I wasted my entire wage packet on strippers, and I inexplicably texted my ex that I hate her.

And my tattoo still hurts.

Man not good, how do you feel to today?

Like crap.

How do you feel?

@Eddie: Wow...That party sure was messy.

Despite Siga and my only geographically close friend leaving, I feel pretty good.

How the hell did you manage to text your ex that you hate her?

@Pijus: Oh there's more... Drunken aikido was a particular highlight.

My wrist is sore from the tattoo, and it's annoying because I keep catching it on everything.

I've sat in my computer chair for the last three hours and just spaced out, like I'm on the nod or something. I'm fed up. I'm going to write a to-do list and do every damn thing on it. Depression or no depression. Hangover or no hangover. To hell with it. Grr. Angry Eddie is angry. Maybe I can channel my rage towards something productive, right?

@Eddie : Have you landed now (R U Sober), did you black out early or?
@Eddie : I feel good today, one week done, one week until vacction!
@Pijus : Been hitting LK anymore?

I started with do to lists back in 2005... mine is from then, feels good to scroll down it and see every damn thing that has been done the last 4 years

I'm sober now. I'm going to try and not going to drink for a while again now. I can't remember hardly anything about the strip club, which is frustrating in more ways than one.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High