Best Dkey Runner?

GoldenBird

Oct 23, 2008
Best Dkey Runner?

You see, I have my pretty decked out fishymancer, but thinking about the next ladder, I'm pretty sick of having to summon skellies and res mercs and the likes to go farming. I especially like farming in 8 player baal runs, but you gotta be quick for those to get back in time and to avoid being beat by other players.

So, my question is, what's the best dkey runner (builds with RIP are acceptable)? I was thinking maybe decked out light sorc, or maybe a decked out bowazon. Any thoughts? Brownie points if they're good at running the others too.

Thanks to any replies.

Re: Best Dkey Runner?

1 vote for:

Light sorc
Trap sin (4 LS in Nihl's room, 1 DS out of LOS in the corridor)
Berserk barb (use howl)
Hammerdin (yuck ^^)

Both Javazons and Bowas should work fine too, but I wouldn't take a zon for Nihl runs (tele on zon = not so ideal). Of course, if 1.13 fixes duping, Sorc is the way to go.

I thought about this too, and narrowed it to Light sorc and Berserk barb with massive damage reduction.

Light sorc, if snakes are around, will have to rely on Infinity to kill them, if your merc doesn't get killed in 2 seconds by them.

Berserk barb can stack damage reduction and just whirlwind them, berserk any phys immunes (Wraiths (?), ball shooting succubus things and those half invisible things), then leap attack to nihla.

Although sorc wins with teleport to get there, just be careful of snakes, or deck out your merc with damage reduction.

I am currently running all three with my Charged Boltress and she does amazingly well. The key, I think, is to kill Nihl first or prevent to get damaged by his CE. Now my Sorc snipes him with just 2 bolts of lightning and the rest dies with CB. If he squeezes a CE in between I can tank it too, so it's relatively safe. Still those poison vipers are the worst down there though.

I remember my Bonemancer being very good at running too. He could either snipe with BSpirit or maul down a path with BSpear. Of course CE works wonders there too.

I vote for my fanatic zealot. Does runs in about 30 seconds. Just use charge to skip by all the monsters, wear a vamp gaze, dungo's, nature's peace.

I used to run D keys on my standard IK WW barb. Run/WW from wp to the stairs, leap at nilly, howl, conc till dead.
But for running all, Hdin i'm sad to say.

berserk barb with max'd howl. Even without teleport it's so easy to get nihlathek in under a minute. And safe.

vouch this.

I think Hammerdin..Just Teleport right on top of him and let the hammers loose. Try not to kill any of his minions first though because he will not hesitate to CE them

I think Hammerdin..Just Teleport right on top of him and let the hammers loose. Try not to kill any of his minions first though because he will not hesitate to CE them

If you've got enough trade fodder to get an Enigma armor there's really no point in farming Destruction keys.

I vote for a barb with 10-20 in Howl. Your basic Berserk build or my secret sauce Concentrate Barbarian both beat the pants off of Nihlathak forever, in Hardcore, until you get tired of running him and go crazy. Barbs may only do normal attack, but hammerdins only ever do normal casting animation... :p

The build mephiztophelez posted about is probably more fun, though. :)

Your basic Berserk build or my secret sauce Concentrate Barbarian both beat the pants off of Nihlathak forever, in Hardcore, until you get tired of running him and go crazy.

For Hardcore D key running I use a Concentrate Barbarian (without the secret sauce). It uses really cheap self found damage reduction equipment and has never ever been close to death. (And of course, it can run Nihlathak fast enough to get you banned from the realms).

Another problem with the Enigma Hammerdin would be that the hammers will probably kill some of Nitlathak's minions before he dies (giving him a really good chance to kill you) . . .

As others have mentioned, with the Concentrate Barbarian (or really any Barbarian) you can leap on top of Nitlathak and dispose of him very cleanly . . . I'd vote Barbarian for safety and cheapness!

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High