Thoughts on the Thursdaily

Trim

Oct 28, 2007
Thoughts on the Thursdaily

Hmm, I'm on a roll with the dailies. Someone else's turn tomorrow; I won't be at work!

RL: Two hours left in my last day at work for the week. I'd like to get everything settled on the new apartment today. It might actually happen, too, since I'm in the mood for lots of types of food (Chinese, a mega burrito, and/or Domino's) that won't open until late morning. Maybe I'll do something productive... but then again, this is ME we're talking about here... :whistling:

Otherwise, I'm not doing a thing today. I'd consider packing up some lesser used stuff, like the stereo and all my video game consoles/games, but... consider my consideration over. Seeing the GF tomorrow, so that'll be good.

D2: Did ~100 AT runs yesterday and netter two more grailers (including one realisticly simple item that I've never had in seven+ years of playing! IFT later, IF the Interweb is up at home... which it wasn't yesterday). I think some more runs will be done today to see if I can knock my grail list down further from its -62 status.

Peace, SPF! :coffee:

Re: Thoughts on the Thursdaily

i'm too tired to do a proper daily post, but suffice it to say that i haven't really been productive. resisted the urge to restart d2, but i'm finding other ways to waste time.

i don't think i'm cut out for research as a career. :( i procrastinate far too much.

RL: Another lazy day, I love being on holidays :cloud9:. Woke up to the phone ringing, was my parents who are on there big trip through Aussie so glad to hear they're ok. Sort of stumbled out of bed, made some breakfast and then sat at the computer. Pretty much my day :whistling:.

D2: Took my windy druid through act4 and most of 5 in nightmare, then did more runehunting with the countess so I could make spirit. Found a sol on my second run which took me over an hour to do the other day:crazyeyes:.

Have a great day everyone! I'm off to watch Bruno so it should be good:thumbsup:

RL: Trying to get a job. Trying to NOT get a job. You probably understand that :p

D2: Not

@TRM: So, what's still missing in your new apartement?

RL: Going to work in a few minutes. Learned for pediatrics this morning. Tonight there's a small farewell party for a friend who is moving to Munich on Saturday.

D2: Did some Pindleruns the last few days (the only thing I can squeeze in in my breaks from learning). Had a golden Sacred Armour drop...Guess I should have runned RoF instead :rolleyes:

i don't think i'm cut out for research as a career. :( i procrastinate far too much.
It's always going to be easier to find reasons why you shouldn't do something than why you should. Besides it very rarely about you in life, that goes for everyone unfortunately. Cheer up :)

RL: Going around the clock again and fixing up all the little configurations to my system. Still haven't reinstalled D2 yet, actually considering a restart in 1.09 for to collect so uber uniques. Anyone know where there is info on the old items?

Got a list now of around 34 instructions that I must perform each OS rebuild. It's just the little things you leave out each time that catch you, like the firefox dictionary addons. Anyhow looks like the cd burner won't burn with sp3, have to virtualize the damn thing I guess. Any bet optical's go the same way as floppies.

OVG: All that interests me right now unfortunately is splating infected with my homemade l4d weapon scripts. Got to get off this game, must reinstall diablo2. Must get back to doing lk runs, must must try.

@Gris: Ooh, I see what I wrote there. No, I can't move in until the 15th; what I meant was that I'd like to go and fill out all the paperwork & pay rent so I can just grab my keys when I show up next Thursday. So to answer your question: everything's missing from my new place. :thumbup: I still have to buy a ton of stuff like... well, whatever you need to live, I need it. I'm gonna wait, though, 'cuz I don't want to buy a carload of stuff, bring it to the current place, and wait to move it along with all my junk. I'd rather streamline the process. And I can live without plates/cookware/kitchen stuff... hooray for take-out restaurants!

edit @ ItNoZ: I seem to recall the old dii.net site had all the stats for 1.09 items. ...Maybe it's still there in the wiki? I'm not familiar enough with 1.09 anymore and I don't know of any list. All I'd care about ATM is a Raven Claw. But remember that TrenShadow's version switcher is here; no need to choose one over the other!

edit2: I'm hungry. And I'm killing myself looking at menus online. I've got something like 3.5 hours to wait until I can order something... :banghead:

@Zoddy : I think a rest from LK do you good!

Work-RL : This day have finnaly picked up speed, now it´s 90 min left
Home-RL : The powerdrilling yesterday might make me skip duties
Misc-RL : Nurse the GF :givelove:

Running-D2 : -
Farming-D2 : GF maybe
Questing-D2 : Pally Questing

RL: awoke early for no particular reason, made coffee, dressed stepdad's wounds, walked dog. Now drinking coffee and forum surfing. In a few minutes, I'll switch over to drinking coffee and job post surfing. Good times. Dumplings for lunch with the stepdad, grilling steak for dinner, will definitely be pounding some beers in there. Despite my lack of sleep, I plan to avoid napping today, so . . .

D2: Maybe Nikita will have a chance to clear the rest of the Desert, but who knows.

@trm: Thanks, didn't know about the version switcher. My guess is that it will be in the stickies somewhere. Hope you get the ravens.

@mega: Yeah :)

@TRM: Get a good kettle, and a water filter. Those are necessities for green tea :p

RL: Two hours of wristlocks in aikido and I have a sore ankle from landing funny. Go figure. Had a tattoo. It was quite emotional as it 'marked' a significant event in my life. The pain masked the tears. Not sure what's going on with the ex. It is our work party tonight, she may give me a lift out of pity but I know that I'm too emotional, and if I drink it will all come out, in public. Again.

D2: No.

OVG: Maybe Fallout 3, if I don't kill everyone at the staff party. If I do kill everyone, I'll probably continue watching Sliders. Great show.

EDIT: Also, I hate tourists.

Last edited:

Thanks Zoddy. A very long night's sleep was all I needed to feel better. :)

I'm going to work hard today.

RL: Spent most of the day playing Monopoly with my cousin. He got Park Place and Boardwalk both times we played, but only won once.

D2: I did get some playing time in with Vesoos my IK WW Barb. Quested him through quests 2 and 3 of Act2 Hell. I forgot how fun it is to play him!! Just right click WW and with his life and mana leech he pretty much sustains himself! Just skellies are his bane. But as long as their is a body somewhere close to leech from.... Crappy AT map though. Grand total of 2 boss packs right down from the entrance. Got a Cleglaw's Tooth (from the chest no less) for my effort :sleep:. I did get some socketted items though, 3os Balrog and Grand Crown. Not much I know, but still.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High