I need help with pure ice build!

richx

Jul 5, 2009
I need help with pure ice build!

After a couple year break I decided to get back into it. I decided to go with a pure ice forzen orb sorc.

I am not sure what to put all my stats and skills in. I know I got my stats down, everything will stay as is, as I put the rest into vitality. But for skills, im lost, I messed up by putting 7 into blizzard thinking I could use blizzard and frozen orb (or can i?), but anyways im wondering whats best to put my skills in. What's best for MFing? I don't care for PVP what so ever.

Here is my current
Current skills:

Ice Bolt: 20
Ice Blast: 20
Glacial Spike: 1
Frost Nova: 1
Blizzard: 7
Frozen Orb: 20
Cold Mastery: 17

Telekinis: 1
Teleport: 1

Warmth: 1

Current Stats:

Strength: 65
Dexterity: 25
Vitality: 280
Energy: 50

In another forum I was looking at these skills below.

Ice Bolt - MAX
Frozen Orb - MAX
Firebolt - 7 ??
Fireball - MAX
Fire Mastery - 9 ??
Cold Mastey - 1

Shiver Armor - 1
Chilling Armor - 1

Telekinesis - 1
Teleport - 1
Static Field - 1

Warmth - 1

Based on your items here is the final damages for your main skills.

Frozen Orb: 611-640
Cold Mastery: -80% enemy cold resistance

Meteor Impact Damage: 12,550 - 13,097
Meteor Average Damage Per Second: 1,236 - 1,302 per second
Fireball Damage: 5,580-6,110

That skill setup will take till level 90 to finish. Get the cold armors last.

What weapon and armor should I get? Tals?

Re: I need help with pure ice build!

I'd say Tal's would be suitable for you considering you are a new player. Are you USWest Non-Ladder? If so, I have some Tal's I'm not using. You can use both orb and blizzard, orb just isn't as spammable as say, fireball. You've done fine with your build so far and I wish you the best of luck in the future. Happy casting!

I am building the same sorc, I am not finished yet but I am aiming for
20 bolt
20 blast
20 blizzard
20 orb
10 CM

1 warmth

1 static
1 teleport

With a +3 cold amu, +3 cold tiara, spirit, magefists, occulus & CoH I get about 650 orb dmg, & with blizzard at 15-ish (in work atm so cant check exactly) it does 1800 or so dmg atm without all the skills invested, CM is at lvl 27 iirc. As expected, orb owns everything in nightmare easily, non-CI in hell are just as simple, unfortunately the CI are a big pain! Biggest problem is resists, as always. I will prob try & get a taxi through hell, exp to finish her skills & then just use her for AT runs & maybe meph. NRG base, strength enough for monarch, dex enough for items, rest vita. A very good merc is essential.

Micah the Great, I sent you a PM I think.

I would like the Tals armor you are offering! add me, rich420, ingame. =]

If you're going pure orb, you should max telekinesis with your extra points... and put all leftover points into energy shield itself. the survivability increase with that is extremely noticable even without a lot of mana... ( i have an MF orb sorc with ~700 mana and she's a LOT harder to kill with ES on than without... its like having two health bars... just bring a few mana pots. I also have a PvP orb sorc with 88% ES, max telekinesis and 3300 mana... she tanks really well (but you wont' get that much mana with MF gear, lol) )

my build is:

20 icebolt
20 frozen orb
20 telekinesis
1 pt warmth and static field and frost armor ( i only use the starter frost armor cause i like the freeze proc )
get your cold mastery to about -150% with gear
dump rest into energy shield

stats:

156 str ( enough for spirit)
base dext
rest split between vita and energy.

One really good thing about energy shield that i forgot to mention, it prevents stunlock from taking damage, cause if you don't lose 8% of your hp from a hit the stun from taking damage doesn't go into effect...

so if you accidentally Tele into a bunch of minions, you'll actually be able to keep teleporting rather than being locked down stun spammed, if your ES is good. Thats one great thing about ES in addition to effectively doubling the damage you can take.

Thanks for the ups.

Would anyone happen to have any good MF gear for my ice sorc? For free? :)

YOu might wants to reconsider pure Ice...

Hell be truely hell unless you have one heck of a merc..

Adding some Lightning skill or Meteor should stop this prob.

just my advice.

Wouldnt want you to get to hell and have to start over :thumbsup:

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High