Hello! (intro post)

mouseman1

Jan 28, 2008
Hello! (intro post)

Hi everyone,

After lurking for a long time in the SPF (been fairly active at other parts of the forums and even traded a bit) I've decided to make a SP character myself. I've started and quit the game many times since it came out, mostly because I've become bored with b.net. Right now I'm excited to have found this forum but also overwhelmed by the amount of information (and I hope I don't do anything wrong).

I've been always very interested in good co-op play and I hope I can found some good TCP/IP company. I'll be starting a character day after tomorrow (July 2nd) and I'm planning on playing on the 3rd also. I'll be playing ~7.00 - 15.00 GMT +1 on both days so feel free to give me some company or start a new character yourself! I won't probably play that much after those two days but I have a pretty good idea of a sorceress I want to build which will keep me occupied for a long time.

But yeah, from what I've read this SP-thing is bound to be awesome (players 8 etc) and I'm eager to try that out. But I'm sort of a social player so I hope I find TCP/IP company here, too. I'm a little bit concerned that there aren't many europeans here, am I right?

Oh, and I'm a male in my twenties, studying in an university and working part-time. I also live in a relationship that I'm really happy with. Well, that's me in a nutshell - good to be here and hopefully we'll bump into same games later on!!

Re: Hello! (intro post)

Welcome to the SPF, mouseman... good luck with finding some people on TCP/IP. I know there are several people here who play there all the time. ;)

Actually you're lucky, there are mostly euro's and americans on this board.

... stupid aussie pings.

Make sure you wear your shinpads :) And welcome.

I'm a little bit concerned that there aren't many europeans here, am I right?

Don't know from the others but I am from Finland too. Although I am not that active here...

I would say welcome in Finnish, but I am not sure if foreign language use is allowed :)

Actually, there are quite a few Europeans here. I can think of dozens of European posters off the top of my head. :)

Welcome to SPF!

Welcome to the SPF, neighbour:) I don`t MP(don`t know why, really.), but there seems to be a lot of action here.

Have fun!

hello, welcome. there are lots of us who play tcp/ip games. have a look at the sub forum linked at the top of this page. we are mostly a friendly bunch but do read the stickies as we have a few conventions (like drop rotation on baal runs) that you should be aware of.

try to choose chrs that fit the game too, it can be annoying to have someone join a new chrs game with a high level chr for eg. we dont often rush the way they do on bnet but sometimes a fast game does happen.

good luck with your new chr and perhaps we will see you in game. dune

Wow thanks for the warm welcome. I actually read like a stickie after another for days before posting my initial intro. You guys really like to write guides and stuff, huh? :) And good to know there are europeans also TCP/IP'ing, that'll help my chances to find some co-op company.

I'm going to use this thread to ask some questions since I know the answers are really easy..

How do you reset your map? Every time I join the game the map is static and I can't figure out a way to change it. But on here everyone seems to be able to repeatedly change to map so it's like really fast to run.

Also, is racking like viable in 1.12? I've read in the LK threads that a lot people get the same base items off the chests/corpses so is that how it works? Can you just get like a bad base map so nothing good will drop even if you run that mephisto a hundred times?

Thanks again. Don't know how much that 1.13 is going to change things.. Are we able to SP it once it goes into PTR?

Change the difficulty. If you're trying to change your hell difficulty map, for instance, use the character to open a nightmare game, save&exit, then open a hell game. Your map should be different.

Racking is viable in 1.12. It's a fun sidequest if you do a lot of LK or Meph runs. The difference with racks is that the items they drop follow a predictable pattern. For instance, I recently had a LK map that dropped Gilded shields more than half the time. I ran it ~2K times to get some nice base shields for spirit, as well as a Herald of Zakarum. Each rack will have a few items that it drops frequently (and which one it drops depends on a number of factors, including the kind of monsters that spawn in the surrounding area), but it can also drop a random-ish item from time to time. I think this is the sort of thing you'll understand after you run the racks a few dozen times.

No idea about 1.13.

Welcome mouseman, take advantage of the resources here and enjoy yourself! There's always something going on here, be it tournaments, MP or just general banter at the bar so there's always something interesting to find or get involved with.

Oh yeah, speaking of the bar pop in there for a visit as Durf will kindly take care of your tab, especially since I took the liberty of stealing your wallet while you were typing your last post. :)

*runs*

välkommen det finns en hel del medlemmar här som är från dina egna trakter:whistling:(welcome there is quite a few members here that is from your parts of the world)

Foreign language can be used but dont over do it or people wonder what you wrote.

Sweden here as you could clearly see so im one of the members that will be around and capable of doing lan games with you.

if you have any questions just ask we like to help out in these parts

Welcome! In tandem with essojay's response to your question:
mouseman said:
How do you reset your map?

If you haven't gotten to a new difficulty yet, making/joining a TCP/IP game will also switch your map seed. So if you have an eventual MF target/Lower Kurast/Countess runner with an amazing map that you can't afford to lose, I'd suggest not MPing with said character.

Although I'm not an MP type of guy, I'm sure you'll find a few people to join up with without too much difficulty. Everyone here's real friendly, so don't be afraid to chime in with your thoughts, opinions, and questions!

Hope you enjoy your time here; do stick around for a while! :wave:

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High