socketing question

Canucker

Apr 14, 2008
socketing question

I have a +3 GM bow.

If I cube, I get random sockets.
How many do I get if I use the socket quest?

Re: socketing question

If you use your socket quest, you will get the max the bow will allow which iirc for a GM bow is 5.

The socketing quests always gives the max amount of sockets, so in your case, 5 (according to arreat summit).

Keep in mind, however, that if you change the quality of an item (cracked -> normal, etc), then the ilvl of the item is set to 1 I believe, and the max amount of sockets will be less than you might expect.

thanks, so I guess I have to get lucky with the cube recipe to get 4 OS.

if it helps you have a better chance of getting 4os on your current bow than finding a +3 gm 4os bow. I guess the question is are the odds worth losing [insert other ingredients here]?

iirc, the +skills will be rerolled when you cube socket it

cube socketing weapons is cheap
1 Ral Rune + 1 Amn Rune + 1 Perfect Amethyst + Normal Weapon = Socketed Weapon of same type

best of luck

yeah, it have never heard of it rerolling mods like that. and if it were magic, you couldnt roll sockets anyway...

The rerolling of stats happens when imbueing.

In fact, it looks like your odds of four sockets are pretty good, considering what's been happening to me. I've cubed 5 sets of archon plate so far trying to get 3 sockets, and gotten four 4 sockets and one 1 socket. But if that's anything to go by, all it tells you is that getting the right number is a pain...

were you in normal difficulty?
should have sold it to her in hell

I just guessed an Elite Bow should give some gold. If it's just 4k, it's not worth visiting Charsi.

since the game didn't consider it magical, only a normal weapon is why you only got 4k for it.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High