Wenzdaily

essojay

Jun 26, 2004
Wenzdaily

I write good.

There's not much to report in my life for now. I did some LK runs, got tired of it after 50 runs :rolleyes: and did more pit runs, which got me some interesting item. The nicest of all was a 13% ED ethereal ogre maul, but it came with 3 sockets. :crazyeyes: Oh well, it's not like I would have gotten r00nz for a BotD anyway.

First day as student manager at the library tomorrow. Should go without a hitch since my boss is doing all the important stuff, so I can't really screw up. :wink: I'm glad everything is falling into place, though. My research internship is going ok, and my other jobs are starting up, so I should be getting a modest but steady flow of income for the next few weeks.

Re: Wenzdaily

...and then you get to watch that money flow right back out to pay for your next semester of school. :crazyeyes: Seriously, hope you like the new position & payroll!

RL: Day 4 at work, and I'm a hater. The GF is taking an impromptu two days off, so I've got no one to joke with or stare at longingly. And my hands hurt, so being on a keyboard for eight hours won't help a dang thing.

Afterward... nothing, really. Food eventually (the daily's title makes me crave Wendy's), but nothing's planned. Music, computer, TV... basically a bunch of distractions.

D2: There's a pretty good chance. After finding that Death's Web yesterday, though, I think I'm going to be disappointed with my drops for a while.

edit: Yeah, for those who are in the know, I didn't change my avatar yet. Hey, I was busy finding DWeb's yesterday, give me some slack! :wink:

essojay: Best of luck tomorrow. As far as LK goes, that's easily one of the more depressing places to run, at least in my opinion. :p.

TRM: *demands new avatar*

RL: 23 more school days until vacation. *begins counting* Might treat myself to something other than home cooking (ie. be lazy) tomorrow after school, though that could be bad if it becomes a trend. Hope to catch some Wimbledon matches as well, or maybe stop slacking off on anime viewing. *shrug*

D2: Switching off between LK and Baal, and Ushio is only around 94.5 as a result. Also planned out a character to go sacrifice in the hopefully upcoming PvP week, since I would rather Ushio not get her ears cut, and it's tough to Teleport with bad ping anyway. :p.

Yes! Just rerolled my map and got an awesome LK map.

Fireplace #1
Fireplace #2

This means no more Meph running for a while (Durance 3 is like 30 teleports from WP on this map), and no Pit runs (Pit level 1 is split up in a really ugly way, making it really inefficient to do full clears and Level 2). Haven't checked Act 5, but I'll just do Pindle runs if I'm bored I guess. Oh boy, this is going to be fun.

Now I just gotta make sure I don't randomly decide to run NM Andy for a long-overdue SoJ. :rolleyes:

So the players setting for Surs and Bers is /players8, right? I read nepeta's guide; I just wanna make sure.

EDIT: Thanks maareek for the tip. Charms and gems are tempting, but Lo r00n is temptinger. :tongue: /players3 it is.

Last edited:

You can get Surs and Bers at /players 3, along with Lo. They drop at /p8, as well, with Vex, but there's a lot more total items dropped from chests at that level, as well. Whether that's a positive or not is up to you.

RL: Bout to go to bed. Planning to get to work early and finish before it gets too hot (the weatherman had the audacity to be excited about it only being 99 tomorrow instead of the 100+ it's been the past several days, as if it made any difference...) then run my niece back home. After that, tinkering around with some blueberry recipes - came up with a dynamite one yesterday but I think it could use some perfecting. Maybe use the heat as an excuse to do some yard work...in the completely shaded part.

D2: Doubt it. With the kids gone, I'll probably put on some Carlin while I work in the kitchen, instead. Might load it up late and do some more AT runs.

@essojay: I only do P3 LK as Ber/Sur/Lo is much better than Ber/Sur. Despite Lo being a lower rune than those other two its easily as useful due to the RW's it can make. You may get less other items (charms, gems, jewels etc) though but personally I found it not to be that much less as things are easier to spot anyways with less popping from the chests. That is why I switched to P3 from P8 anyways.

RL: Work work work. Just the usual. Work is messing me around but that is not unusual.

D2: Not right now.

RL: The ex is driving me to college to help me get some more books for my dissertation. After a short break at home we're going to play badminton, then I will have to bid her farewell. That will be in the early evening so I'd like to do a bit of dissertation work.

D2: Maybe. Even though my PC is kinda fixed I haven't felt in the mood.

edit: Yeah, for those who are in the know, I didn't change my avatar yet. Hey, I was busy finding DWeb's yesterday, give me some slack! :wink:

What about this one? :wink: fear my paint skillz...

@essojay: GL for tomorrow!

@FE: Glad to hear things are getting better between you and your ex (at least that's the impression I got from your posts over the last few weeks)! Keep us up to date :)

RL: Visiting my parents. There I'll not be as distracted as here in my apartement and hopefully be able to learn better for my exams. Probably some singing with my brother (Tiny Dancer from Elton John anyone?) and basketball practice in the evening.

D2: Probably not, but maybe some progress to the Outer Cloister with my Random Amazon. I'll see.

@essojay: Not bad maps but you can do considerably better. Can you tell me how many tele's you do per run? Mine is around 11, also what is your fcr?

RL: Saw terminator salvation hmmm. Pickup new lachesis mouse and control mouse mat. This mat is huge almost the size of a 22" monitor. The mouse is self require adjusting to. Its nice not having to force it to move slowly smoothly without it wanting to park itself (sticking at lower speeds). Having macro's at a mouseclick is nice, can load d2 with a single button click or feed the merc pots. But that's about it, there is nothing bot'ish about it you can't automate running up to a wp or anything like that.

OG: Played l4d with new mouse, woor yeah nice. Looking forward to sc2 more now. Its all very interesting.

One quick Q about LK runs:
Is it worthwhile to pop objects besides the special chests?

Also, is there a way to make the full screen load times as fast as in windowed mode. I prefer full screen when fast teleporting is needed, but the loading times are soooooo long. Windowed has very short load times, but teleporting occasionally causes unwanted missclicks to desktop.

RL: got loads of schoolwork to do, but i don't really want to :/

D2: ran nm countess for some runes, rolled a spirit monarch 35% fcr, so that's really nice, and I'll probable continue my countess runs later tonight, so i can get an insight for my merc, and get my runestash some fuller in general :D

Sometimes. Some people do others don't. I have seen too many screenshots of Lo, Ohm, and other good runes from other objects to not hit those on my path. If you have a rack that drops something useful that can also be good. Sacred Targes, Guilded shields, etc can all net usable items over time. Some you are aiming for unique/set items and others you just want runeword bases. Most people tend to just pop objects that are not out of their way and that is what I do. When I ran for my Ber I used to pop the 6 chests, and about 3 other regular spawning objects as well as 2-3 racks.

@Grisu: Back in undergrad, a group of art school buddies and I would go out for karaoke several times per week. Invariably, after several pitchers of beer, someone would request Tiny Dancer and we'd all crowd up on the stage and sing "Hold me closer Tony Danza." Silly? yes. Good times? for sure.

RL: Ok. So momma's back, so she walked the dog/dressed stepdad's wounds today. Nice. So I'll drink some coffee, go out to an office supply store, pick up some blank cd's and sleeves and some labels and maybe some nice paper and folders, come back here and print up some groovy "this is JGun" packets to take around to galleries tomorrow. Good times. Then the usual job hunting. Apartment hunting is sort of on hold for a brief period, but I might go house hunting tomorrow after the gallery crawl.

D2: Maybe. But I'll probably nap instead.

One quick Q about LK runs:
Is it worthwhile to pop objects besides the special chests?

Yes, if it doesn't slow you down. If you use a sorceress you can pop them using Telekenesis very quickly.

Also, is there a way to make the full screen load times as fast as in windowed mode. I prefer full screen when fast teleporting is needed, but the loading times are soooooo long. Windowed has very short load times, but teleporting occasionally causes unwanted missclicks to desktop.

Not quite. I use the -ns command to turn off the sound, that seems to help a little. Make sure you don't quest with the -ns command on though, as it will cause the game to crash between each act.

RL: Work. The A/C is on today, it broke down at the office yesterday at about 1:00 on what has so far been the hottest day of the year (97F). Didn't really get that warm but the humidity sure spiked.

D2: Nope. I can't keep it out of my brain but I can't find the motiviation to do anything with it either. I'm trying to convince myself to start a tourney character and just waiting on 1.13 before I make a final decision on whether to continue to hold on to my twinking gear, sell it all, or give it away.

Zod, I don't remember how many teles it is, but it should be no more than 16 (maybe 12) if I can cut down on my needless fidgeting, adjusting and small teleports. I hit 105 FCR with my new gear (occy 35spirit 20magefist 30vipermagi). Until very recently I was using Stealth + FCR belt :crazyeyes::crazyeyes:

I did quite a few runs yesterday (definitely in the hundreds, lost count), and my best was a Pul. Don't remember if that was in p8 or p3, but I'm pretty happy. Hopefully I can get a higher rune today.

Hey Gris, notice anything new about me? :wink:

Thanks for making me a new avatar! While it's not quite my style (Necromancers aren't my favorite class), I couldn't resist putting it up for a little while. No guarantees how long it'll stay, but my own might take a little longer than I had thought. I spent quite a bit of time looking for my own replacement... but not much has jumped out at me, and the things that I liked don't translate well into 75x75 pixels.

@'thraXX: Along with Cius' and bob's comments on LK running, there's this weird belief that the corpse next to the fires brings good luck. Also, jiansonz did quite a bit of testing and determined that normal chests (not corpses or stashes: literally the poppables that look like treasure chests) share similar drop properties with the special chests, therefore giving them decent odds at rune drops. If they are any on the way, I suggest hitting those, too.

Zod, I don't remember how many teles it is, but it should be no more than 16 (maybe 12) if I can cut down on my needless fidgeting, adjusting and small teleports. I hit 105 FCR with my new gear (occy 35spirit 20magefist 30vipermagi). Until very recently I was using Stealth + FCR belt :crazyeyes::crazyeyes:

I did quite a few runs yesterday (definitely in the hundreds, lost count), and my best was a Pul. Don't remember if that was in p8 or p3, but I'm pretty happy. Hopefully I can get a higher rune today.

That's good news, you only need to do 182 runs per day to have a very decent chance of getting HR's on a monthly basis. I just scored my second Ber a few minutes ago :). You will want a better map eventually but that one is good for getting the hang of it, I had an identical one for my first 10k. Looks to me your almost set, I hope you have harmony on switch for crossing the docks. :cloud9:

@Grisu: Back in undergrad, a group of art school buddies and I would go out for karaoke several times per week. Invariably, after several pitchers of beer, someone would request Tiny Dancer and we'd all crowd up on the stage and sing "Hold me closer Tony Danza." Silly? yes. Good times? for sure.
:D That really must have been good times for sure! That reminds me... *have to go to a karaoke bar...*

Hey Gris, notice anything new about me? :wink:

Thanks for making me a new avatar! While it's not quite my style (Necromancers aren't my favorite class), I couldn't resist putting it up for a little while. No guarantees how long it'll stay, but my own might take a little longer than I had thought. I spent quite a bit of time looking for my own replacement... but not much has jumped out at me, and the things that I liked don't translate well into 75x75 pixels.
Oh no! You didn't! Just ... tell everyone, you found it on teh internets. Else I'll be everybody's fool to laugh at :rolleyes: Wait, I am that already, am I...?

That's good news, you only need to do 182 runs per day to have a very decent chance of getting HR's on a monthly basis. I just scored my second Ber a few minutes ago :).
You know that I do hate you, right? :wink:

*Back to learning mode*

In the name of Zod said:
That's good news, you only need to do 182 runs per day to have a very decent chance of getting HR's on a monthly basis. I just scored my second Ber a few minutes ago .

You know that I do hate you, right? :wink:

You know that I hate him more :wink:

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High