Hot Tuesdaily

sirpoopsalot

May 24, 2005
Hot Tuesdaily

I was trying to think of a more clever title for the thread, but mostly failed. Tequila Tuesday could've worked, but I've been almost (but not quite) on the wagon for a few months and I'm still kindof enjoying not feeling like crap the day after drinking. It's been long enough since I had more than a mild buzz that I'm actually beginning to wonder if I'm mostly done with drinking. And tequila isn't (yet) in Tuesday's plans either.

So that didn't seem like an appropriate title after all. :p

RL: I don't know if it's the official date (it's close), but as far as I'm concerned, summer is finally here. It was a damp, cool & long spring for the most part (for example, this pic was taken a couple of weeks ago during a hail storm), but the temperature has finally started to push upwards into the "hot" region. It was hot enough Monday to get the pup to actually swim at the dog park today instead of just wading (first time he's ever swam), and they're calling for more of the same through the week.

And speaking of pics, I finally took a moment to upload some off of the camera. Nothing great, but might as well share them with someone:

A creek & the Flatirons
Sunset over the Continental Divide (I was hoping for more crimson & scarlet, but mother nature doesn't always cooperate with breathtaking colours)
Lightning strike out on the plains

D2: Been enjoying hiking & warm weather more than D2 for the last couple of days, but I'll probably find something to run sooner or later.

Edit:
@TRM, below. Not all of life's answers are at the bottom of a bottle. But a few of the right questions can be found there.

Re: Hot Tuesdaily

Aww, I was about to make the daily called "The Thousand-Mark Tuesdaily - Come Spam With Me!" Check the post count if you need a reference. :p I am now an official SPF spammer!

Glad to hear that you're no longer finding life's answers at the bottom of a bottle. If you ever think they're there, you should just turn it upside down first to see if there's anything written on the underside; it's a lot easier, though admittedly a whole lot less fun.

And yeah, it's getting hot here in the northern hemisphere. Today it was 101, but the weather forecast said it would feel like 109. When I took out the trash at noon, I sat outside and smoked a cig and said calmly, "Hm. So THIS is what 109 feels like." And then I went inside and stripped down to my boxers and sat in front of the AC and a fan for twenty minutes to cool down. :crazyeyes:

RL: @ work for day three. Seven hours to go. :banghead:
OK, I GOTTA get in touch with the electric company today to set up the account with the new apartment. But other than that, it's laundry day. And I'll cook up a little pasta/hamburger-y something once the roommates go. Lastly, to commemorate my 1,000th post I'm going to have to do some Interwebbing and get myself a new avatar! Check back tomorrow!!

D2: Probably. I was a little disappointed with my green/golds after 3+ hours of AT runs yesterday, even if I did see about thirty Isenhart's Cases. Probably more of the same today!

One bad thing about my room is that it gets unbearably humid. Not sure why--the temperature is certainly lower than outside, but it feels hotter because it's more humid than outside. I should get a fan or something.

Waking up at 3:30 PM everyday will stop with today--I got a meeting with my boss at 11 AM tomorrow. Maybe that'll get me to go to bed at a sane hour instead of playing D2 till sunrise (and a few hours more :rolleyes: ).

And congrats on the posting milestone, TRM. I noticed I'm getting close to 2000, but most of my posts are useless spam posts so 2k hardly seems cause for celebration. :rolleyes:

Also, I watched Half Nelson with a friend a few hours ago. It was all kinds of awesome.

That's be-u-ti-full. Wow, makes me want to share photo's too. Don't really know what to say about the bottle except that I've been there too. Quit smoking about 3 months prior, was drinking 2-3 litres of cask per day, got evicted quit drinking, then got my life back in some order. Its not easy even having a glass of red with my brother on christmas as I know a month or 2 later I'll want a drink again. I've come close because of these things and that was around 5-6 years ago I quit.

@essoyjay: Yeah I know the late night ritual. Just about to start conducting one myself. Got up at 2:15pm today. The best is waking up at 11:30pm. Perfect for breaking daily LK runs records.

RL: Just got up in time for Tuesday. Didn't miss it, hooray! Not too cold for early winter late autumn. The worm farm is doing well, they've officially polished of a hessian bag that I put in there 3 months ago as a cover. Gee the little buggers can eat.

D2: Ended up doing around 300 LK's yesterday. Let the runs commence, todays aim: 700. Unlikely. Does anyone else have the feeling that mmmm is back on LK?

Grats on the 1K TRM. Good going on the photo's poops.

RL: Winter is really settling in here. Its gonna be cold this week. Work is also looking like its gonna be rough today with a major change that we normally reserve for Fridays having to go in today. Ah well.

D2: Perhaps I will try finish Hell act4 with my questing character. HF quest and Diablo to go. Depends on what I feel more like playing...

OVG: Still loving UFO. Still trying to find a sectoid leader to get access to PSI skills. Never used them before but want to after reading up on them on the net.

Nice photos poops.

RL: Woke up at 8 after a bad night's sleep. Going to do some cleaning before the gym at midday, and then some study afterwards, which the ex may or may not come over and help with. Eddie has turned over another new leaf, and is trying to get his behind organised so he can enjoy the summer. Also, I'm 51 days smoke-free.

D2: I doubt it.

OVG: Maybe some Guitar Hero: WT if the ex comes over (only as a break from study of course!).

@poops: Nice pictures. I'm, as most people I guess, always fascinated by the raw beauty of lightning.

RL: Work, work, work... And after work I've planned on taking a long walk (usually 1.5-2 hours) with my mp3-player. Listening to DiscWorld audio-book. I've read all the books, So it's easy to both follow the story and enjoy the scenery.

D2: Might have time for some runs at the Pits with my PNova necro. Found quite a good map yesterday, entrance close to the cloister.

OVG (other video games?): Might play a few rounds of Plants Vs Zombies. Addictive game, that is. Not as much as D2, but what is? (except QuakeWorld...)

@essoyjay: Yeah I know the late night ritual. Just about to start conducting one myself. Got up at 2:15pm today. The best is waking up at 11:30pm. Perfect for breaking daily LK runs records.
Ha, I remember waking up at 11:30pm after long daytime naps in preparation for a study marathon before an exam. Sometimes I'd start studying for a midterm at 2 AM, approx 6 hours before the exam. :rolleyes: I don't think I've ever woken up that late because of D2, though. I think 6 PM is my record. :p

I just started doing some LK runs. See what the hype is all about. Might not be the best idea since I'm still looking for more MF and caster gear, but I'm extremely greedy for r00nz. :crazyeyes:

Happy birthday / všechno nejlepšÃ­ k nározeninám, bassano!

@sirpoops: Those are some beautiful pictures! I wish I'd be a photographer like you...:cloud9:

@TRM: new avatar? I guess I'll have to get used to that over the- say next 10? - months :) I always find it hard to get used to new avatars - I still do think sometimes: "Who's that guy with Eko from Lost as an avatar? Oh, it's Hrus...thought he had a Zombie...":wink:

RL: Day 2 after my year of internship in various hospitals. Now I should be learning for my exams in October, but probably I'll be painting my ceiling, meeting my gf, doing the dishes and playing some...

D2: Yeah! Finally some time to get my Random Amzaon out the Stony Field in Hell!

More r00nz r good r00nz. :) Yeah, another one sold to the LK gods. I think that entitles me to another HR drop. *gets down on knees and prays* Give me a ber, give give moar r00nz moar.

RL&D2: I dreamt about D2, probably for the first time ever, which is strange since I haven't been playing nearly as much as I used to. Not so strangely the dream revolved around me finding a Zod rune. :smug:
Somewhere in Act 1, in something that looked like a mix between Act 2 Sewers and Countess' tower. It dropped from a monster named Dolphin-something, which looked like one of those Ape Beasts in Kurast Jungles.

When it dropped I remember thinking "Now where can I get my hands on some 1.07 eth weapons.."

Much for my disappointment however I woke up to reality where my highest rune sits tightly in a Heart of the Oak Flail.

poops : Nice picks man! the lightning pick makes my urge o to do a lightning sorc stronger!

Work-RL : ½ Day done, must go into Dev-Mode again

Home-RL : Keep up with cleaning all the fur that falls from my cats.

Questing-D2 : The Palla today!

Running-D2 : Hope not!

Farming-D2 : Maybe gold or hit the rack!

RL: Hot and humid outside. Ungh. It's depressing. I don't like heat. I don't like sun either(except when it's raining and cold).

I'll go to martial arts.

D2: Nah.

OVG: Severance:Blade of darkness

About the angry kid: He was twisting too much, and not breaking enough stuff. Fake IMO.

RL: Another day, another batch of students. Today brought the heavy artillery, so it was a breeze. Now I only need to pick up a bus to go home...

D2: ...and stare emptymindedly on the computer while pixels changes color and database lists add entries.

Never trust those kind of videos, they're always fake. Just some kids trying to get some internet attention. Remember Angry German Kid... :xxx:

i think it´s a good freaking out, fake or none fake!

RL: Work. Then staring at my computer.

Took me an hour to access the forums today because of 404 errors.

D2: Dunno. Probably won't be in the mood.

RL: Um. What's that? Let's see: wake up after ~2 hours of sleep (not D2 related, though I thought about getting up ~2am to play myself to sleep), dressed stepdads wounds, walked the dog, made coffee, drank coffee. Need to shower, but want to wait until after the afternoon walk, but really should shower before lunch at the Dumpling House: yum. Printing out some resumes to take around to galleries tomorrow or Thursday. Waiting patiently for momma to return and resume her duties (walking dog/entertaining stepdad) so I can get back to finding a job and a place to stay.

D2: ummmm. . . doubtful, but who knows.

Oh, and nice pics Poops.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High