Aug 2, 2005
blizz/firewall build question

my current setup is

20 bliz
20 glac spike
5 cold mastery
20 firewall
5 fire mastery

i got like +6 all skills and im lvl73. i can probably max another skill. i want to use this sorc primarily for mf

should i max blizzard second synergy ice blast or finish the masteries or what?

EDIT: blizz damage 1.9k firewall 3.8k at the moment

Re: blizz/firewall build question

First, get your cold mastery up to at least level 17 (with gear). It will provide more damage than any remaining synergy. If you want to run bosses, then you could boost this to level 22 or 27 too - the bosses all pretty much have extra cold resists, so some extra won't hurt at all.

After that, maybe a few more in your fire mastery if you're not satisfied with FW's power, but I'd most likely focus on building the cold tree as high as possible, then try to find MF-targets/areas that typically don't spawn with a lot of cold immunes (a few CI's is ok, but a lot becomes tedious quickly).

By the way, if you get IceBlast up to a higher level, you might want to consider using that instead of Glacial Spike. If you want to kill anything with either skill, then IceBlast is definitely better with the same number of points. Actually, I would've gone with IceBlast from the beginning, then gone with IceBolt as my last synergy.

yeah i guess i will pump up the cold tree more. i will start to exponentially rise cold mastery and ice blast.

CI are really a pain with this build if you dont have anyone to tank the firewalls. my act v merc dies a ton, i stoped using him for the moment, until i get better gear for him

What high lvl areas are without cold imunes? i only know of ancient tunnels?

What high lvl areas are without cold imunes? i only know of ancient tunnels?

Whole River (act4) is worth to check. Its quite often cold immune free and its easy to check as its next to wp anyway. Just river part, not chaos.

Monster that make those little minions is cold immune, easy to spot. No point to run if its there. Full games are possible for blizz sorc if that one monster type is not there.

First, get your cold mastery up to at least level 17 (with gear). It will provide more damage than any remaining synergy. If you want to run bosses, then you could boost this to level 22 or 27 too - the bosses all pretty much have extra cold resists, so some extra won't hurt at all.

After that, maybe a few more in your fire mastery if you're not satisfied with FW's power, but I'd most likely focus on building the cold tree as high as possible, then try to find MF-targets/areas that typically don't spawn with a lot of cold immunes (a few CI's is ok, but a lot becomes tedious quickly).

By the way, if you get IceBlast up to a higher level, you might want to consider using that instead of Glacial Spike. If you want to kill anything with either skill, then IceBlast is definitely better with the same number of points. Actually, I would've gone with IceBlast from the beginning, then gone with IceBolt as my last synergy.

all in all, you recommend that i leave fire tree as it is, and focus on pumping the cold tree, making this sorc as close to pure blizz as possible?

Whole River (act4) is worth to check. Its quite often cold immune free and its easy to check as its next to wp anyway. Just river part, not chaos.

Monster that make those little minions is cold immune, easy to spot. No point to run if its there. Full games are possible for blizz sorc if that one monster type is not there.

i see. thanks

How to increase blizz damage the most, at this point?
should i max cold mastery or Ice blast?
i listed my skills in the first post

Shoot for 17 in cold mastery. After that put points in synergies instead of CM. Additional points in CM help against Meph and Ball (for lowering resistances more) but the syergies will boost damage against all monsters.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High