PvP Fire drood <3

rCt Arbitur

Feb 16, 2009
PvP Fire drood <3

I've fallen in love, i just saw a pvp video on YouTube of a fire druid "owning" several duel games and it looks insanely fun to play. :loving:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rTt1-2icVo&feature=related

Im considering making one but i don't think ill afford the faceted sword/shield so im wondering if their any substitute for them or anyway to make them cheap? im playing non-ladder. I've got roughly 4-5 hrs atm and enigma which i think is nice, about skillers i won't really include them. (i have 1 fire facet on ladder 4-3 and a fire facet 5-3 on NL already but their not enough i think).

Anyone know how i can make a decent fire druid without spending an fortune?
:wink:

EDIT: gonna sell my botd soon so ill get a little extra hrs from it to build with :>

Re: PvP Fire drood <3

A fissure druid eh? well, they can be quite powerful if you have lots of -enemy resists. Casting delays are a bit annoying though (for example armageddon makes you unable to attack for 6 seconds and has to be recast quit often)

5/-5 facets are expensive, imperfect ones can be had relatively cheap and has a similar effect.

I just lost my (due to expiry and name being taken :() Shaman Druid (Bear/Volcano/fissure druid) bit cheaper as some of the expensive elemental gear can be substituted for summon gear and such, but fissures are a lot weaker which means that it is barely a weak extra attack to annoy opponents. (although a well-aimed volcano is deadly, not to mention a 5k+ damaging bear (remember summons have lesser pvp penalty than players!)

But full fissure has many advantages as well, if you can afford many facets and skillers at least. Else I can recommend trying one in lld or mld as they are very powerful in that environment.

I had fighting a few of them. They are rare and not underpowered as people belive. I honestly think I <3 firedruids. And thats all your going to get out of me about casters.

I had a piecemeal PvP Fire Druid (lvl 93) on USWest for a while. I didn't get his gear good enough to be competitive against decent duelers that knew what was going on, but -FR is a fabulous mod, especially in pubbies. I believe I used "Enigma" breast plate, Wizspike w/ Facet, "Phoenix" shield, Arach's, Jalals (was in the works for netting a Ravenlore), Magefist and misc garbage (x6 plain skillers and the worst Anni ever). Most of this gear was collected via pgem harvesting and picking up good socketables in an endless string of Baal runs. If I had done it another week or two, I'm sure I could have taken him up another notch. Still, they are very fun characters.

I prefer LLD Fire Druids as opposed to HLD ones. It's viable though, especially against casters when you drop a Cano under their feet >.>.

I <3 Fire Druids too:loving:, they're a really fun build to play with a lot of different skills/strategies to use in pvp. As far as the skillers, they're essential, there's really no way around that (Same as pretty much any pvp character). But I really don't think you should use as many facets as he's using since your resists/fhr/life/fcr/block will suffer.

Check out this guide though, its the best one on the net:
http://www.purediablo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=649983

Your block doesn't need to suffer, you can always use a jmod or a jwod... sadly they're awfully expensive. imo a fire druid is more of an offensive char than defensive one, so you shouldnt worry about your life or resists. you can also try a 99 fcr setup fire druid which will loose some dmg. i think a 2 soc circlet with 20 fcr, 2sk, 2x 5/5 facets, a 19-20 fcr craft amu and dual fcr rings should do fine if ur planning on using facetted wep and shield. the fcr helps on teleing away if u get into trouble.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High