Etdlahq Memorial Bar - your shelter from forum crashes

green tea served

well, i can definitely say that if i need relationship stuff to feel with i don't have to switch on my TV... i can just come to diii.net! real ppl with real issues... there's a big love problem posted at the OTF too... omg, i'm just a school kid

Like many problems they can be solved if people remove their brains or heads from their shorts-area. No I can't elaborate. I'm far too blunt. :)

Tea please. White no sugar and definitely not green.

That is probably the nicest way I have heard anyone put that Thyaid.

I have lots of homework to do, including an art project that is going nowhere fast. Make me a pot of coffee and keep them coming.

EDIT: I now actually have rough sketch of what i'll be doing. I really like drawing landscapes, so I made a bunch of nice, rolling hills, and in the background, there is a nice sunset. I think it is going to look really nice when it is done.

Last edited:
@TRM: Yeah, I was pretty shocked when I saw it. You tend to think if someone has been doing something as long as Lance has been cycling they are immune to the dangers, but it's really just a matter of luck. I saw that it was a collarbone, and that is pretty minor for those guys, so I was sort of relieved. He went into surgery sometime this morning, and my sources tell me the recovery period will be a matter of days, a couple of weeks at the most.

Meanwhile, I am still waiting for my bike to get out of the shop. I might drive over today to see if it's done or what, since the guy there told me it would be done on Tuesday. It's not like I could ride it in this weather, but I'd still like to take it home or something.

I've been lacking in posting lately. *post*

I'll have a cup of tea please. I need a hot beverage and it's too late for coffee. Just as the spring gave us swedes some days of teasing a this crazily chilly evening strikes back. I'm pretty sure the temperature dropped at least 10 degrees or more (celcius) since earlier today.

I've been busy with other things. One of many; I've taken up knitting, and apparently my crochet experience :)rolleyes:) is proving handy when trying to learn holding 2 sticks. Knitting is a funnier and more stimulating than crochet imo, so I'm happy I decided to try and learn both, and also it's very manly :smug:

Also, I'm in need of guidance. The day before yesterday I saw this really cute girl working in a second hand store in my town. Of course I was too shy and nervous to utter anything other than a quiet "Hi" and a "Thanks" when I left the store. However, she kind of stayed in my mind and I though it would be a shame not to at least try to talk to her. The problem is that I have a hard time making conversation with people I don't know, I can't really think of anything to say, even less ask someone out.

Do people even do this? Ask strangers they meet randomly out? Or is it just a myth reserved for TV-series and movies? And how do you really do? I suppose I could strike her up with a conversation about my java/bow hybrid, but I'm not sure about it. So, anyone got any tips? ;) Anything at all, or just some comforting words or a 'good luck', because I'm completely terrified and nervous and I've promised myself that I'll walk by the place where she works tomorrow before I go to my own job, and if she is working I have to say something to her.

Signing off :thumbup:
/zarf

Not a bad idea actually, try casually bringing up knitting, and if she doesn't seem interested make a joke about it. Like about how manly it is. Or something. If she laughs, the mission has been a success.

Of course, you really shouldn't take my word for this. I have no girlfriend, and am terrible when it comes to asking people out.

I feel your pain zarf. There is this girl in my art class I really like, but I am too gutless to ask her out.

Anyways, I could really go for a cuppa tea, or a Sprite, whichever is on hand.

M666 : "is bar open"
Bar guy : "Yes, your usuall? 4 shots 2 beers?"
M666 : "No rather not I´ve made some promisess"
Bar guy : "Well we see you back in tha game by midsummer?"
M666 : "You have the word of true Demon"

*Barguy smiles*

Bar guy : "Yes your behaivor on this place is Demonish"

*Barguy hands over Ice water*

*m666 picks up glas*

M666 : "Hey where are you guys, hungover?"

Beer me.

Feeling kind of sick, but that's not stopping me from attempting to drink heavily today. I wanted to get drunk, but I need to get really serious about it since I'll have to drink five beers in the three free hours I have left.

Canceled my nighttime plans with the GF, partly because of my symptoms and partly because I've needed a day to waste at my leisure. I've been playing Nethack for hours today, and I'm getting super frustrated at my stupid mistakes and random bad luck. It's making me think about picking up D2 again; because I play SC, there's no real penalty if something goes wrong and a character dies.

Nice to see you back, Zarf. I thought you'd disappeared again. :wink: In regards to your desire to chat up the shop girl, I think it'd be best if you had something prepared to say. If you frequent the shop, comment that you'd never seen her there before and follow up with questions (how long she's been working there, if she likes it, if she's in school, whatever). If you rarely go there, lie and say that you simply hadn't noticed the place before and was glad to have gone in... then wink at her. THEN follow up with questions. The more you get her to talk, the more her guard is dropped. Finally, make a comment that shopping thrifty leaves you with money for more fun events, like dinners and movies. If she smiles coyly at that last bit and isn't responding to you like you're a freak, just hitch up your britches and ask if she'd maybe like to join you for a coffee when she gets off work.

...That said, I've never pulled anything like that before. I'm not too shy to make comments to random people, but I've never put myself out there like that. One of the biggest reasons is that the cutest girls I see are at places I go to frequently, and if I got shot down I'd be really uncomfortable going back if she was still there. You have to weigh your enjoyment of the locale versus how badly you want to get to know said chick. "Do I want to hit on the hot cashier at the grocery store down the street, OR am I comfortable driving five extra miles to get my milk and frozen pizzas?" I wish you luck, nonetheless!

I'm watching gymnastics right now. Makes me wish I hadn't canceled my plans with the GF.

Anyone got anything for a headache? I have had the darn headache since I got up. Maybe some tea might help.

School is going very well for me atm. I got my story dome for ELA, finished my Bio homework in about 10 mins, but I still have ym art project to do.

Cheers!

I had a buddy that, when he had a headache, he'd stick his head into a freezer for a few minutes. Breathing in that cold air (and maybe some freon gas) would fix him right up. ...He WAS a weird guy, though.

But we keep loads of drugs here at the EMB. Tylenol, Advil, Ibuprofin... and if you do a couple favors, there's codeine, vicadin, and even Mydol.

I did something stupid today. The girl that sits next to me, the one that I have been thinking about asking out, practically asked me to go get lunch with her, and I didn't go. Because I am a moron. I really wish life had do-overs.

That's too bad man. I wish the girl i sit next to in class would ask me out :( seeing as I have confidence issues.

A cuppa tea would be nice, please.

@ Pman, talk to her tomorrow/monday and ask her out for a coffee (or dew :p), she is obviously interested in you.

and in my experinece life does have do-overs (although if you do end up going out with her she will make you pay).
A girl I liked who also liked me and made up some excuse for me to take her out to dinner, I ended up doing this and despite it being obvious that she liked me I did not ask her out properly (as I was afraid of ruining our friendship).
It wasn't till a month later when I did something stupid and thought that she would hate me, that I finally came clean and explained to her that I liked her (in an email no less). I am still with her to this day (but she will never let me forget any of this).

I'll have to wait until Tuesday, which gives me plenty of time to plan. I'm not really good at the whole "making conversation" thing, and definitely not good at the "breaking the ice" thing. So going into a situation with a plan really is the only way for me.
What is truly sad is that she is at least 3 years older than me, everyone is. That might make things difficult.

I don't think that a lot of men realise that women have much better peripheral vision than them/us. You guys probably don't realise how obvious you are to women, that would be my bet. Oh, women don't have as good long range vision as men in general so if you're going to perve :)

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High