Will 1.13 allow BNet Runewords for SP

Will 1.13 patch allow BNET Runewords for SP

• Total voters
Re: Will 1.13 allow BNet Runewords for SP

I'm thinking we'll get the historical Blizzard "What?! Diablo II has a Single Player mode? I did not know that."

I have little hope of seeing anything that will significantly improve the lot of SP fans. Perhaps a few of the bugs or "undocumented program features" will be corrected, some play balance issues relative to BNET play may be addressed, that sort of thing. The biggest outcry seems to be for a "shared stash across multiple characters". I believe we SP'ers refer to that as "ATMA". No offense, Silo. I call them both ATMA.

Any improvements to SP will be incidental to BNET changes, I think.

I vote Durf because I still play 1.10 when I play (FE's not a bug, it's a challenge!) and probably won't get this patch either, so it doesn't matter.

My take on this is as others has suggested, that this will likely be a single player patch as it seems Blizzard does want to slowly phase out this version of bnet seeing how the beta for sc2 is this year? Even sc2 release possible?? The way I understood previous reports is that sc2 will debut along with bnet 2.0. I may be mistaken.

I know. I have 4 of them currently, so only another 50-60 (or thereabouts) SoJ's to accumulate and I could do a single legit DClone run
really 50-60 ? well i had a vague thought of running NM countess if it took perhaps 5 or so. no way for 50-60 though. i also have 4 now.

sirpoopsalot said:
BTW, if DClone were enabled for SP, how long do you think it would be before we saw a 1.06 "gambler" built for harvesting SoJ's? I think that compared to some of the other extreme projects that've actually been completed in the SPF, I don't see this being significantly more extreme. And we've already got plenty of cheese like this floating around too. :D

i would expect to see a 1.06 gamble thread within 1 week :D

i wonder how we would value an anny in the trade pool?

i wonder how we would value an anny in the trade pool?

It's a good question and I think it would depend greatly on how Blizzard decides to translate the "Sell X number of SOJ's" mechanic to single player (personally, I don't think they will).

Based on pure stats alone, I'd say it would be worth at least Gul+, much more for a high roll. All that all-around goodness in one inventory space would be tasty.

For the record, I've already got a 1.06 gambler, and I know several other people who do as well. Infrastructure costs aside (where 1.06 definitely loses), it's not really all that much faster than running NM andy.

-CG

I would think if they do implement the Diablo Clone into SP, selling Soj's would be modified to something else, for example sell X number of gems,ect for rarity purposes. I've played D2 for about 5 yrs and have yet to find a single SoJ in SP. Horrible luck I know. Personally I think it would make more sence to not do the clone, just implement Uber Tristam and add the Anny to a drop in that even with the torch since they basically already have the setup in place for that in SP with the key drops.

I would think if they do implement the Diablo Clone into SP, selling Soj's would be modified to something else, for example sell X number of gems,ect for rarity purposes.

I've thought about this a little, too. Keeping with the theme of selling jewelry to make him spawn, I've got it all figured out:

Cathan's Seals :D

[derail]
It always irked me that BKWB was a unique while their was a set with the same name.
[/derail]

I voted that they'd ignore us here at the SPF, mainly due to pessimism. I'll be going for beer later, so no sense blaming Durf on my account.

+1 for 1.13 creating havoc/headaches for the moderators, especially if "content" is added to SP.

(FE's not a bug, it's a challenge!)
And so is spontaneous combustion. ;)

One idea on how they could implement the Annihilus quest in SP is to make hell Baal drop a key or something, quite rarely and only on first kill.

If they don't want to bring Ãœber Diablo to a SP environment they can of course just make the charm droppable with a Tyriel Mightish rarity. This would bring the hot-muling activity to a new level of discussion (since you can only pick up one) with more headach for our dear mods. :evil2:

This would bring the hot-muling activity to a new level of discussion (since you can only pick up one) with more headach for our dear mods. :evil2:

I doubt it, hot muling is already covered so this is probably the least of their worries.

o1d_dude said:
I'm thinking we'll get the historical Blizzard "What?! Diablo II has a Single Player mode? I did not know that."

My thoughts exactly.

Even if they do bring SP equal to what bnet has (should be easy enough since its already developed), I seriously doubt anyone there has a basic understanding of a legit SP economy. The random chance that they hit a reasonable equal is far smaller then the chances that spawning uberD is dirt cheap or insanely expensive.

I'm 50/50 on the runewords, I would be mildly surprised if SP got even that little bit of attention.

Personally, I don't see 1.13 as a way to squeeze a few more dollars out of D2 or keep a few employees busy who have nothing else to do but rather as advertising for D3. We've already seen that sp/mp is looking to get the shaft so I expect nothing less from this patch.

Heres some random hope: Let us sell high runes to spawn Diablo Clone

Who really knows what will happen. It is being hyped as a major release according to Bashiok (if i've read correctly from this site). Seeing how bnet how it is now will fade away soon enough, there really isn't a reason to not implement bnet content into single player. It wouldn't be a resource drain for Blizzard to do this and why have the keys drop in sp anyways if they didn't already have this on their minds? Anyone know if BNet 2.0 will support d2? I wouldn't imagine it would, but with D2 still dissappearing from the store shelves...who knows? It's the folks who are begging for a new act will be the ones who are dissappointed in my opinion. I haven't been paying attantion to patch releases before this announced plan for 1.13...was 1.12 hailed as a major release?

1.12 was a very minor release. AFAIK the only great thing introduced was being able to run the game without a CD.

1.09 changed the stats of several items.

1.10 upped the difficulty of Hell and introduced synergies and new runewords.

1.11 introduced more runewords and Uber trist(i think).

Other than various bug fixes none of the other patches have really given us much. Unless you count 1.07 (the expansion) as a patch.

I've thought about this a little, too. Keeping with the theme of selling jewelry to make him spawn, I've got it all figured out:

Cathan's Seals :D

I might have one two (hundred) of those sitting around that I'd be willing to sell. I heartily endorse the above proposal! :thumbup:

Voted yes. I have a healthy amount of pessimism, as Blizzard makes really odd decisions sometimes, but this just makes too much sense for them to not do. Adding b.net runewords to SP would be fairly easy to pull off and would help draw people off their servers. Add in some uber tristram and such, maybe some additional bonuses(some SP-only runewords?), and people will take their medicine much easier.

Was the last ladder reset suppose to be the last one? On the battle.net forums and a little here it sounds like there is a proposed ladder reset. That would only inflate the amount of users on the realms.

Short of new runewords, or uber trist for single player there isn't much too look forward too. I'm sure the vanilla players would love to see ladder-only runewords put in singleplayer, but as a RWM user it doesn't really excite me.

On Diablo Clone: We should storm the official boards with ideas on what we could sell to spawn the clone. I'd love to have the Annihulus on certain builds. As cheesy as it is.

The most optimistic post I think I've ever seen. :crazyeyes: I thought Bnet 2.0 was going to be separate from Bnet? So would they actually have to close it down?

I don't think it's blizzards principle to withdraw support for diablo 2 on battle.net. They sold the game on the basis of free battle.net play though I suspect they never expected the game to live for so long as it has. It's nearly 10 years which is a huge length of time for a computer game.

So I don't think they will shut down D2 on battle.net. However, there is nothing wrong legally or morally with them enticing people to stop playing it on battle.net, for example if single player version had more to offer.

Hence why my "optimism". :coffee:

Twice as many "No" votes than there are "Yes" votes. Even Durf beats "Yes".

Sheesh you guys are pessimistic. :p

Oh *give* them ideas, why don't you?! :banghead:

;)

Well, ok. :p

What about the (unlikely) scenario that they do implement the shared stash that is often requested? Just imagine all the fun interactions with that, ATMA/GoMule, community and trading there could be. Could even spark a new debate about the legitimacy of ATMA/GoMule. And new players not using ATMA/GoMule at all and wanting to get into trading, etc, etc...

How would you trade without ATMA/Gomule files? LAN games?

Selling Cathan's seal for uberD? Yes, that's why I pick them and store them!
Low Key. I still can't imagine unlimited, sortable shared stash. ATMA would still win. And even if the stash will be sortable and unlimited, I can't imagine moving my 30K items from Atma to D2...

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High