Resolution problem in D2 Classic

Ilumm

Aug 10, 2005
Resolution problem in D2 Classic

I curently have an LCD that can only use a 800*600 resolution or bigger(as shown in Windows).

However D2 works in a 640*480 resolution and as such the game doesn't show me any images.

Any tips pls?

Re: Resolution problem in D2 Classic

However D2 works in a 640*480 resolution and as such the game doesn't show me any images.

not sure what you mean by that.

However, if you install LoD, you get the option to use 800x600 resolution.

not sure what you mean by that.

However, if you install LoD, you get the option to use 800x600 resolution.

The problem with this is i want to play the original 1.00 Diablo Clasic,before they nerfed WW and so on. Won't installing LOD patch d2 clasic to 1.07?

I installed glide wrapper and changed the video setting( in that d2 test that runs at install) into direct 3d(2d) and it now works.

Thanks for all your answers.

I installed glide wrapper and changed the video setting( in that d2 test that runs at install) into direct 3d(2d) and it now works.

Thanks for all your answers.

You should change the video setting to glide, which is what Diablo 2 was meant to be played with. You will experience alot smoother, more beautiful and color richer world but the best thing is you can play in any size of a window you like in any resolution :thumbup:

You should change the video setting to glide, which is what Diablo 2 was meant to be played with. You will experience alot smoother, more beautiful and color richer world but the best thing is you can play in any size of a window you like in any resolution :thumbup:

The game didn't work because it was in 3d mode which isn't supported by my monitor due to a resolution smaller than his minimum.

That was the entire idea of this thread.

Maybe if you tell us your operating system etc.. in vista 64-bit I have troubles running the game in any other mode than direct 3D if I want to use it in fullscreen. In windowed it works with others too.

Btw WW works just like in pre-LOD patches if you play classic. Or at least very close to it.. some minor changes in 1.10 I think.

In 1.00 - 1.02 I think there was more hits in WW that got nerfed.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High