Community Forum Mafia Game #2 Live or Die

Re: Community Forum Mafia Game #2 Live or Die

haha good point sitro. its water under the bridge :).

How about Noodle trying to get the heat off of the last mafia by calling me out for a PM. haha that was classic but if anyone had fallen for that.. wow I woulda been angry. Maybe a good reverse psychology move in the future! haha.

Mafia games are pretty fun. Thanks for playing all

Yeah, that was a last ditch effort. I didn't expect it to actually work, but thought maybe it could have caused some confusion.

A fun game.

Yeah, that was a last ditch effort. I didn't expect it to actually work, but thought maybe it could have caused some confusion.

A fun game.

Funniest point of the whole game:

Noodle's dance on the table and subsequent fall and "sticking of the landing" over in the Newcomer Forum.

Confusion was the reason I killed Ray in the last night. I was hoping to use the fact Zhao got killed the night after he had banter with me to suggest that the mafia had tried to frame me before, it hadn't worked, and they were now trying to frame me again to ensure a victory.

It was also the way Ray had said "SiTro won't kill me, I'm essential to his survival" and someone else had said "If Ray dies tonight I'll totally suspect SiTro for it" made me feel that at first glance killing Ray was close to the worst possible move I could have made.

It seems my actions have become far more predictable in the past year. :(

I was picking numbers at random for the traps. Some of you may think this is unfair but it wasn't because in the end thats what won you the game. I decided to not assign this role to anyone because it'd take away what i wanted from the game and that was the town to base lynches on something more than a guess.

CC said:
Furthermore: in your original post you suggested that I as a townie could only be saved by lynching a Mafia member, but not the other way around, what did happen one other day.

Show me what you mean Crowd Control.

Hello Crowd Control. You don't know me, but I know you. I want to play a game. Here's what happens if you lose. The device you are wearing is hooked into your upper and lower jaw. When the timer in the back goes off, your mouth will be permanently ripped open. Think of it like a reverse bear trap. Here, I'll show you. There is only one key to open the device. It's in the stomach of one of the mafia members. Only your life is out of your hands, it's up to the town to decide who to kill. Live or die, make your choice.

To Sum up: Crowd Control is locked up and will die unless you lynch a mafia member. 8 to lynch/9 to lock

This is day 1. I was in the trap and the town needed a Mafia lynch to release me. This pretty much gave away I was a Townie at the start since it'd needed a lynch from someone from the other party to release me, or so I thought. Though not everyone was convinced.

Hello, Jaago. I want to play a game. This game will take place in a room not much bigger than the room you spent most of your life in. A prison cell. Despite all of the advantages and privileges that you were given at birth, you have returned to prison again and again. More comfortable in chains than you are in freedom. Tonight, we will see how far you are willing to go to break those chains once and for all. Live or die, make your choice.

Same rules as yesterday, i will extend the day today to get everything back to normal times. Will post lynch numbers in abit.

Edit: Zhao is also dead

Now let's compare the bolded parts of both quotes: in day 1 I need a Mafia lynch to be released. In day 2 apply the same rules as day 1, ergo the trapped one needed a Mafia lynch to be released......but that wasn't the case:

Jaago looks like your time is up, you lose. Game over!

Jaago is killed he was a mafia member.

I am pretty sure you didn't mean that a Mafia lynch on day 2 would release Jaago from the trap. Yet if so, why?

Either my assumption is wrong or the rules weren't clear. Did Jaago need a Townie lynch to be freed as well?

Crowd Control i gave you your chance at redemption, it seems the town have failed you. Game over *Crowd Controls head rips apart*

Gorny is lynched with 8 votes. He was a townie crowd Control was also a townie

It is now night

If you got something to do get it done.

For every trap the person trapped needed the lynch of a mafia member regardless of who they were.

Ah, that wasn't clear. Btw, that last quote of mine was uncommented. I meant to clear out a bit that it was in fact you as game host saying my time was up. I'm still undecided that was a good call.
At least it brought some confusion in the game, but it wasn't clear up until now that was the case.

And I still want to know everyones role assignment in the game.

I thought the rules were pretty clear. The whole point of the traps were to force the town to think more about who they were lynching and why.

Noodle/SiTro/Jaago = standard mafia
Zhao = Bus driver
Liq/Nicro = doc
Wicked = cop

I loved not knowing the details and the intricacies (although it drove me crazy) because it provided a lot more banter with which to fuel the fire. I thought the rules were pretty clear.

xvart.

I thought the rules on lynching a mafia releases the person in the trap to be very clear, even after knowing the person in the trap could be a mafia member. I really thought it added spice to the game.

I would like to thank Aman because i think i missed it in my last post for the innovative game he hosted :thumbup:

overall I had fun with this game. Maybe town had a bit of a too big advantage (on the other hand, the 2 scum trap-kills were randomised, and we got a bit lucky there).

good job aman, i really enjoyed this and wouldn't mind another one.

Anyone up for another game? I could probably host one if there is enough interest...

I'm out. Got to take a break, or I will get an over(mob)kill of this. I will consider hosting though.

Yeah, I know. That's why I am in doubt. You can imagine that not being able to make it to the second round (although for a different reason) every time, does not exactly encourage me to sign up for a new game.

Even the Three-Word-Game isn't that great. And Battlepix failed too. We need new inspiration.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High