Max block mfer hardcore

Change Thrower

Jan 25, 2009
Max block mfer hardcore

So my level 78 sorceress with full tal rashas set died hardcore. So my next mfer i figure to build with max block the other sorc had no dex. Will this allow me to mf hell mephisto better than having no block at all? Should max block be mandatory for this situation? What do you think? Thanks guys.

Re: Max block mfer hardcore

Personal preference dude; I tend to use Spirit with Tal Rasha's so max block isn't viable for that toon, so I tank life, whereas others will swear by a high blocking shield...try out every combo until you find something your comfortable with.

I've never played a non-block character in hardcore... it has saved my tail more than once. Sometimes you miss and attack/projectile until you hear the 'plunk' of your block taking care of business.

Definitely a personal preference, but my HC mfinder last season had max block after I teleported into a pack of rogues (hell difficulty) and it gave me enough time to juve and get out of there with a slow teleport.

If I build a no dex sorc it dies, usually very quickly (by very quickly I mean during the first dozen Hell Mephisto runs . . . heck, my last no dex sorc died at the Hell Council).

My sorcs that use max block do much better, even if they are only using max block for a given shield. For example my mfer that uses a spirit shield (42% block) is able to run Hell Andy, Summoner, and Mephisto with seldom a close call.

Perhaps my no dex sorcs just have really bad luck . . . but I would be inclined to think that blocking makes all the difference.

If you do decide to max block (I would say do it, though of course only you can make that decision), be sure you know how to use it. Running reduces your chance to block considerably. Not to insult your intelligence, but you'd be surprised how many people don't know that.

Like DK sayed it is personal preference. I personally havent had a char with blocking in 4 chars now :D. But i use a barb mostly so i can absolutely tank life (6k on my current one).

If you do decide to max block (I would say do it, though of course only you can make that decision), be sure you know how to use it. Running reduces your chance to block considerably.
Yes, running reduces block by 2/3 so make sure you always teleport away from trouble rather than run.

I prefer max block on my sorcs but I don't think it's a must-have. Good FCR and FHR should be higher priority IMO.

Only way I wouldn't have 75% block on a sorc is if it were a two-handed weapon sorc. Spirit shield on a sorc seems like a softcore shield: more firepower and less safety. The FHR is nice but you can get that elsewhere. I've tested vita sorcs and block sorcs extensively and the block sorc comes out on top. Perhaps it would be a different story if sorcs received 4-5 hp per vita point.

Jason

Iv'e gone max block and no block as well , it really depends on your items and the build you're using . Two often overlooked shields are the Grim Troll Rhyme Shield or an Upped Visertuant . Those two shields used to be my shield of choice when making a max block sorc and are easy to make / find .

Iv'e since fell in love with the Spirit Monarch and cannot get myself to use any other shield . If you have +10 or more in the plus skills department the Spirit monarch is the way to go Imo .. More offense = dead things and no need to block ..

One key to both of these ideas is to have a Beefy Act 2 merc to tank for you . I highly reccommend the Treachery armor for this merc . It will make him attack really fast and have max resists , throw on a Tals hat for life leech , and any decent polearm and boom = you have a meph tank merc . For Mephisto I find either the Defiance or the Holyfreeze mercs work best ...

:thumbup:

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High