Community Forum Mafia Game #2 Live or Die

Re: Community Forum Mafia Game #2 Live or Die

I don't think the doc can save himself. Or can he?

xvart, with all your saying while trying to save your hide ... that still proves nothing and you're digging into a deeper hole.

I stand by my vote.

xvart, with all your saying while trying to save your hide ... that still proves nothing and you're digging into a deeper hole.

I stand by my vote.

Open-heart surgery on self?

Ya... that wouldn't really work, plus it'd be as cheap as hell.

How many of these mafia games have you played in, Gorny? The doc has always, always, always been able to save himself, but just cannot save the same person two nights in a row. I've never been involved in a game here, or the SPF where the doc cannot save himself.

How am I supposed to get a post in when you've got 35 posts in a few hours over half the day? You sure are talking a lot, seemingly trying to help the town, but you really aren't saying anything. Your apparent ignorance to certain common aspects of the game, coupled with using online status/activity (which has been frowned upon for quite some time now), and just creating general confusion by talking about numbers of mafia, possible roles, etc...is just creating a massive web of suspicion around you.

I'm pegging you as the overly helpful mafia, who hides in plain sight.

Vote: Gorny

Plus he had no reason to suggest there were more than just 3 mafiosos when he knew otherwise, unless he was purposely trying to hide something.

It proves that I am looking at the possibility of providing the most information while best protecting the town's best interests. I cannot be any more calm or reasonable about it, other than what I have already done.

Let me see if I have this straight. Gorny, you think I am vote worthy because of the following reasons:
  • I am new (post #10);
  • In response to the question "why are you not mafia based solely on the fact that you are new" I said "I am not scum" (post #28); and,
  • I am trying to show to everyone what I believe to be the move in the best interest of the town (posts #137, #139, and #140.

Is that correct? I see nothing of true substance and if anyone (other than Gorny) can show me why that voting for me is sound advice I would like to hear it.

How many of these mafia games have you played in, Gorny? The doc has always, always, always been able to save himself, but just cannot save the same person two nights in a row. I've never been involved in a game here, or the SPF where the doc cannot save himself.

How am I supposed to get a post in when you've got 35 posts in a few hours over half the day? You sure are talking a lot, seemingly trying to help the town, but you really aren't saying anything. Your apparent ignorance to certain common aspects of the game, coupled with using online status/activity (which has been frowned upon for quite some time now), and just creating general confusion by talking about numbers of mafia, possible roles, etc...is just creating a massive web of suspicion around you.

I'm pegging you as the overly helpful mafia, who hides in plain sight.

Seems like a reasonable observation.

Furthermore, Gorny has not answered any of my questions or responded to any of my observations about his character. Mainly this one:

If we lynch CC and he is a townie, then that's one down, another dies during the night and we are down by two.

If we do not lynch CC and we lynmch (lynmch?? lol) a townie by mistake, then we're still down two.

If we don't lynch CC and we do manage to lynch a mafia then CC is saved today but there's no saying he might die at night from the mafia or at any other time from some other attack (like a Vigi or SK if there are)

You neglect to mention that in the case where CC is not lynched, there is still a night kill, bringing the total kill count up to three, not two; thus skewing your "evidence."

May I suggest that based soley on Gorny's behavior that he might be mafia and does not want me to convince people to lynch CC because CC might be mafia, too? If this happens to be the case, then CC is dead either way, but at least the mafia gets some collateral damage by killing off a townsperson, too.

I hope that if I get lynched, CC's role is revealed when he dies because the no mafia kill resulting in his death, because that will reveal a lot about the first days dialogue.

xvart.

I don't want a no lynch so I'll go with the flow for now.

And talk about behavior that reeks of non pro-town behavior.

I want to make it clear so if I do survive the lynch I am not having to explain everything further down the line. My vote for CC is not because I believe he is mafia. My vote is because I believe it is in the best interest of the town. Lynching CC is the only way to guarantee (at best) we lynch a mafia member and (at worst) only lynch one town member. And then, Gorny, we have night kill where we lose a townie no matter what.

xvart.

xvart. it isnt in the best interest of the town. We went over this several times. it. isnt. end of story. Go read my thread on it. by your logic we should NEVER EVER EVER lynch anyone unless we are certain they are mafia. not the case and not the way the game is played.

@liquid guess who doesnt have to answer any questions being demanded by you? no one. There almost always seems to be someone who stands up and trys to take control and are scum.

But I will oblige and say I read everything and its made me change my mind

Unvote: Xvart
Vote: Liquid Evil

Honestly, I never knew the doc could save himself.

xvart: I answered you more than once, maybe it's more like you don't like my answers and now that the votes are stacking up on you, you are going to try and save yourself by getting me killed?

It's not that you are new, it's the way you are defending your innocence as it seems.

Ray: I sit in front of a computer all day at work. Why do ypu think I'm online for most of the US day then vanish like a fart in the wind after Orphan comes on then don't come back until after Orphan logs off for the night?

Anyone who knows my online times and posting habits knows I'm around during the US day and sometimes the US evening.

I knew that there were three mafiosos at the start of the game. So did CC. So did you because you were one of us. The roles got switched and I bet there were atleast three out there and guessed that there could be an additional one or two.

I never said that there were four and I never said that there were five. Don't put words in my mouth.

We may have both been mafiosos before things got switched so if you feel you need to vote me for a lynch feel free to do so. Come at me head on if you like. The truth always come out in the end and the truth may very well be that you are still mafia and seeing how I acted up until now, you want to shut me up quick or kill me in the night so that you can have an easier time taking the town.

Lastly, I'm a moderator. We stealth. Thats all there is to it. Am I stealthed now? No. Can I stealth if I felt like it? Yes. Also Platinum Pals stealth. Ca they stealth if playing mafia here? Yes. There is no rule saying that those that have the stealth ability can't make use of it.

Night.

xvart. it isnt in the best interest of the town. We went over this several times. it. isnt. end of story. Go read my thread on it. by your logic we should NEVER EVER EVER lynch anyone unless we are certain they are mafia. not the case and not the way the game is played.

I will. Here it is:

yes but how is this different then EVERY other day. If we lynch someone, could be a townie, but it could be a mafia. if its a townie, and then the mafia lynch a townie, 2 people die instead of just the 1 at night. duh. this is not how the town wins the game. We need to lynch someone other than CC, the risk is always worth it to lynch someone as its the only way to get a fact that you know is a fact

Let me break it down for you:

yes but how is this different then EVERY other day.

Exactly. Which is why I said I would only suggest what I did on DAY ONE.

If we lynch someone, could be a townie, but it could be a mafia.

Again: exactly. There is nothing to base anything on since we have no instruction and no information about anyone, other than the nitpicking, over-analytical observations on posting habits like: "noobs are mafia" and "only mafia don't post" and "only mafia defends themselves" and things like that. Regardless of how much people read into the first day of conversation, it is still a shot in the dark since we cannot compare behavior with any past days. Therefore, any lynch is essentially a shot in the dark, or lynching a random person.

if its a townie, and then the mafia lynch a townie, 2 people die instead of just the 1 at night. duh. this is not how the town wins the game. We need to lynch someone other than CC, the risk is always worth it to lynch someone as its the only way to get a fact that you know is a fact

I cannot express this enough: the lynching at the end of today is irrelevant because it will happen no matter what! Everyone keeps forgetting that if CC is trapped because of a serial killer (which is extremely likely given the context of the story) then lynching a random person is more likely to yield a townie lynch. If this happens, then CC is killed. At this point, if CC is the victim of a serial killer, then he could be either mafia OR townie. That being the case and the serial killer (who would really pick a randomly aligned person) the odds are it would be a townie as well. THEN, when the townie is lynch at the end of the night, that would make (in the worst possible outcome) three town members lynched!

If we follow my suggestion, lynching CC now would yield, at worst, one townie dead (two if you count the following night kill which would happen no matter what) and at best one mafia member dead (although unlikely) or at worst one townie dead; not two.

Given that there is a serial killer, not voting for CC would yield a possible two dead townies (not including the NK) instead of one dead townie (not including the NK).

Last I checked, at the start of day two when we can start to compare the night events against what we have already posted, having more townies is better than having less townies. I would think that qualifies as having the best interest of the town. Unless of course, you are the mafia.

Once day two starts, we will have a lot to think about.

Is that clearer?

xvart.

xvart: I answered you more than once, maybe it's more like you don't like my answers and now that the votes are stacking up on you, you are going to try and save yourself by getting me killed?

The only thing you have said since I asked about why you neglected to mention the night kill in your second example is this one post:

I stand by my vote.

Please explain to me how you answered my questions in that one post. It seems to me that the only "answer" you gave is deflecting back to "all your talk further proves your guilt."

It's not that you are new, it's the way you are defending your innocence as it seems.

Again: nothing substantial other than "all your talk proves your guilt."

xvart.

@liquid guess who doesnt have to answer any questions being demanded by you? no one. There almost always seems to be someone who stands up and trys to take control and are scum.

I don't agree, Bad Ash. Liquid does that every game, regardless of his role. I've played . . eight? Nine? Maybe ten games with him, and that's just his playstyle. He may turn out to be mafia, but I'm not getting that vibe off him yet, anyway.

- Noodle

But I will oblige and say I read everything and its made me change my mind

You only answered half my question. But now you're going to get a few more.

How many mafia games have you played?
In almost all those games, those that tried to lead the town were scum? ...Really?

I just want to be clear that.

It also looks like you slipped a double negative in the above, but I take your post to mean that no one has to answer my questions. That's correct; no one has to do anything in this game because it's just that...a game. To win the game for the town however, I'd like to generate a little discussion so we can lynch some mafia. Those that refuse to answer the questions posed to them in full, give us clues to their real agenda.

Just a couple more for you:
Do you think that the mafia didn't submit a NK in time or that they chose CC for their saw trap victim? The former would imply that they are inept. Do you think they're inept?

*I italicized all of them so you wouldn't miss any part of the questions this time.

You only answered half my question. But now you're going to get a few more.

How many mafia games have you played?
In almost all those games, those that tried to lead the town were scum? ...Really?

I just want to be clear that.

It also looks like you slipped a double negative in the above, but I take your post to mean that no one has to answer my questions. That's correct; no one has to do anything in this game because it's just that...a game. To win the game for the town however, I'd like to generate a little discussion so we can lynch some mafia. Those that refuse to answer the questions posed to them in full, give us clues to their real agenda.

Just a couple more for you:
Do you think that the mafia didn't submit a NK in time or that they chose CC for their saw trap victim? The former would imply that they are inept. Do you think they're inept?

*I italicized all of them so you wouldn't miss any part of the questions this time.

do I need to italicize my posts? Because I didnt say everyone who does what you are doing is scum, I said there is usally one person each game who is scum who acts like you are acting. And I feel like that is a true statement.

Noodle vouching for you is giving you credibilty but not enough for me to remove my vote yet and it probably wont matter anyways. I like how Xvart is trying to impress you too, is that the role you enjoy to play in these games? lol. I am acting on my own right now because of what I've read from your posts.

I like how Xvart is trying to impress you too,

Since I am currently in the leading position to be lynched and I want my case to be made, I am only double checking to make sure I don't cast any doubt on others who may be looking for specific things to be answered by me. I feel that I am the only one responding to accusations and questions. I don't think I've dodged any comment about me or in reference to me (which apparently makes me a mafia member), unlike someone who jumped over my response to him... hint hint, Bad Ash...

xvart.

Since I am currently in the leading position to be lynched and I want my case to be made, I am only double checking to make sure I don't cast any doubt on others who may be looking for specific things to be answered by me. I feel that I am the only one responding to accusations and questions. I don't think I've dodged any comment about me or in reference to me (which apparently makes me a mafia member), unlike someone who jumped over my response to him... hint hint, Bad Ash...

xvart.

because I was having a debate with Liquid and wasnt caring what you posted.

Do you really want to start ragging on the one person who just unvoted you?

Unvote: Liquid
Vote: Xvart

because I was having a debate with Liquid and wasnt caring what you posted.

I'm sorry. I guess I thought since you questioned me first you might respond to me. And not caring what someone says is not very town-like behavior, especially when you asked the question initially.

Do you really want to start ragging on the one person who just unvoted you?

Unvote: Liquid
Vote: Xvart

So now you are just switching votes back and forth based on people questioning you? You seem to be casting and recasting votes erratically. This is also not very town-like behavior.

xvart.

do I need to italicize my posts?
Why would you need to? It doesn't work when I do it.

Because I didnt say everyone who does what you are doing is scum, I said there is usally one person each game who is scum who acts like you are acting. And I feel like that is a true statement.
We must play with/against very different groups of people. Town leaders that don't produce results are usually very quickly crucified. A mafioso masquerading as a town leader can't continually produce results without destroying his team. There's the rub.

I am acting on my own right now because of what I've read from your posts.
What you've skimmed of my posts no doubt.

When you're up to speed, I posed a few questions to you. Answer them and help out the town. You do want to help out the town don't you?

Why would you need to? It doesn't work when I do it.

We must play with/against very different groups of people. Town leaders that don't produce results are usually very quickly crucified. A mafioso masquerading as a town leader can't continually produce results without destroying his team. There's the rub.

What you've skimmed of my posts no doubt.

When you're up to speed, I posed a few questions to you. Answer them and help out the town. You do want to help out the town don't you?

sure do, but I dont want to help out a mafia pretending to be a townie

SiTro isn't anywhere on my radar, even with Zhao's vote.

I was out, saw Rise Against & Anti-Flag play in Birmingham last night. Good night, somewhat let down by Anti-Flag live though. Any political component to punk rock seems to have died off a while ago though, which is annoying.

I also have a presentation due today. I'll be posting as best I can through the day, but academic stuff first and all that.

Interesting reading through the thread though. Lots of posts and from what it seems a low signal/noise ratio.

Gorny & CC: Given that the town currently knows nothing about what's going on, what information did you hope to learn from lynching a non-poster?

I find that suspicious, Gorny moreso than CC since we don't know the reasons behind CC being in the reverse bear trap. Speaking of which...

Xvart: What makes you reject the possibility that who gets put in the trap is based on alignment. If it's the case that only townies face this situation then you're essentially arguing for a no-lynch.

Noodle is switching between speaking styles quite wildly. Not anything significant in and of itself but could this indicate he's having to bear a few things in mind while posting? (v. tenuous idea at the moment)

Zhao's playing his usual game. Make a few medium length posts on the first day, put out a call for more tables, make a random vote on a nub. There's only one possible course of action... Retaliation vote!

Vote:Zhao_Yue

NUB WARS!

Wickedswami's maths is interesting, but ultimately a no-lynch will hurt the town more. Lynching is the only tool we have to get information, the only way we have to hold someone to account and discover their alignment. Or do you think the mafia will start killing their own for us?

Bad Ash seems to be on an aggressive defense.

More thoughts in a bit.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High