Etdlahq Memorial Bar - your shelter from forum crashes

It would seem Monk redeemed itself, sort of. I thought that episode was actually pretty good, even if the mystery was dumb. I just can't believe who they murdered. Not cool.

Oh, and I loved Psych so much I want to marry it and have its babies. Such great stuff.

Dew, please.

I missed a good chunk of Monk because I was on the phone, so I didn't really follow it. I thought Psych was incredibly awesome. Not as funny as most episodes, but the whole slasher-film motif was really sweet.

*gives pcake man a gender reassignment*

Thanks, Swiller. :)

Can you actually do that Thy? Could you change Pancakeman to Pancakewoman with your mod powers?

She better not.

Not as funny as most episodes, but the whole slasher-film motif was really sweet.
It was, and the change up in the middle caught me completely off guard, which I loved. Overall, a triumph!

LOL @ your tar Pman :p

oh dear we have a star wars nerd in the house .... oh well I can't talk I am a monty python nerd. Out of interest was it Pman(woman) that changed his tar or Thy?

oh dear we have a star wars nerd in the house .... oh well I can't talk I am a monty python nerd. Out of interest was it Pman(woman) that changed his tar or Thy?

Yes, you do have a nerd on your hands. :) Although my brother Evan would put me to shame.

I remember after he died, all his personal belongings were mailed to the house. We were going through his possessions; and honestly...every other box was filled with Star Wars stuff. Unfortunately, one item remains unaccounted for.

When I was younger (maybe 20...Good God that was over a decade ago) on a whim I bought a prop replica of Darth Vader's lightsaber for the amount of some $350. Seeing as how I was constantly on the move back in those years, I gave it to my younger brother to safe keep.

It may still be among his belongings. We have not sorted through all of them after 3 years; because dealing with the possessions of the deceased can be hard. Still...even if it's not there, I hope it gave him some joy in his final years on earth.

He was such a Star Wars fanatic, I cannot even begin to explain.

I think it's fitting, even now; that I buy a Star Wars action figure and leave it at his grave on his birthday.

I should visit him soon.

It must be hard to lose a younger sibling, how long ago did it happen? How did it happen? (if it is not to personal)

One of my best friends (and only diablo playing friend) died last year of heart failure, I think when D3 comes out I will have to buy a copy for his bday and leave it on his grave.

I know what you mean about sorting through the possessions, Swiller. Still have a lot of mums' stuff to deal with. A collection of tea pots being one of the main things which is left.

And pcakeman what *did* you do to upset Gorny. That 'tar was freaky. Although I did feel it suited you. :D

It must be hard to lose a younger sibling, how long ago did it happen? How did it happen? (if it is not to personal)

One of my best friends (and only diablo playing friend) died last year of heart failure, I think when D3 comes out I will have to buy a copy for his bday and leave it on his grave.

It is indeed hard to lose a sibling, especially at such a young age. He passed away on January 6, 2006. He was jogging a few miles one morning; an everyday occurrence in the military. Suddenly and inexplicably, he went into cardiac arrest and died almost immediately.

The autopsy report gave no clear indication of why.

When he passed away, my parents were too emotional to take care of the logistics and arrangements of a funeral and such; so I detatched myself so that I would be better equipped to take care of everything. Regrettably, I remained very much emotionally detached up until recently. Some other personal problems I have recently endured have served as a sort of catalyst for finally coping with his death. Or so says my therapist.

Thanks for listening.

I'm terribly sorry to hear about your friend. And about your mother, Thyiad.
Honor their memories as best you can.

Thanks for listening.
QUOTE]
Anytime, I was more worried that I would seem nosey. I hope the therapy is helping you to deal with your brother better. It takes a lot of corrage to realise that you have a problem and even more to seek help.

Developments, there are:

So last night, out of nowhere, my mom gets a call from her brother, my uncle. The two are not exactly on speaking terms, and haven't been for many years, so if he was calling something must be very important.
It seems I'm an uncle now.
So, yeah, we aren't sure of any details, and my sister has been known to tell huge lies, but this one might actually be true. Things are gonna get tense, though, for my brother has known for months and didn't tell anyone. So yeah, our next visit will be...interesting.

I need a Dew.

Page 2? last post two days ago? for shame!

At least Star Wars buffs aren't as bad as Spaceballs buffs. Being corrected on quotes is bad.
Being corrected on quotes from a spoof is worse. Being corrected on quotes from a spoof,
then arguing about which version is correct (inflection included) is the worst.
Looking them up and discovering niether of you were right is just plain wrong.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High