~~* Javazon? *~~

rCt Arbitur

Feb 16, 2009
~~* Javazon? *~~

Hi, i've been thinking lately about making a MF Javazon, im currently using a hammerdin(got 10k dmg on it without skillers or anni, but i use a torch) but their pretty boring and i die at hell baal everytime i encounter those stupid Lightning ghosts(or burning soul, can't remember their name).

Im currently looking for a pair of eth titans to replace my current titans and i've got the following items:

14/11 Amazon torch
Tgods and verdungo
Non-eth low titans
Stormshield
Shako*
Soj*
Enigma MP* (Around 900 def)
Maras6*
Ravenfrost220
Goreriders
War travellers43*
Waterwalks58 *=currently using on my hammerdin

What im wondering is: should i MF using my javazon instead of my hammerdin? the reason im tweaking is cause i encounter alot of light+physical immunes when i MF and i HATE to leave a monster behind; i always slay everything i encounter(well atleast big groups of monsters) when i MF.

Im getting lame loot on my hammerdin and its not even fun playing him(i have been magic finding for 3 WEEKS, 3-6 hours a day in hell and NO GOOD LOOT :banghead:), hes good and all and he owns mostly everything but his resistances are crappy (around +3 on all res in hell) which makes him die sometimes but the Redemption aura helps alot which makes him even more godly.

Heres some more questions:

Where should i MF with my Javazon? (if i make one)
Is hell cows good to MF? (i've heard and seen that javazons pwn there)
Can i play my javazon without Griffons and Infinity? (I can't afford them, CAN'T :S)
Can i use Enigma MP on a Javazon for MFing?
Do javas do high dmg? (when i look on the calcs Fury does 2-3k and charged strike does 3,5-3,8k, Fury looks lame IMO and i luvz charged strike ;D)

So, is it worth it to dump my hammerdin and use my Javazon instead? hammerdins are better IMO but javazons seems SO much more entertaining. I can't decide :(

Hope anyone can help me out, thank you members/moderators of dii.net :thumbup:

EDIT: please don't delete the thread for excessive use of the words "but" and "him", thank you :)
UPDATE: Can someone tell me where to place skills? this is my first javazon, ty.

Re: ~~* Javazon? *~~

Javazons are probably faster overall for general MFing since they dont have to wait for hammers to spin around. Hammerdins are so popular mostly because they're innately bottable/require so little skill that a macro can play one...

-CS, WSK, Pits and 85 zones, Hell Cows are all viable. Javazons specialize in killing en masse so you want areas that have lots of monsters...quantity over quality. Hell cows are great, just be careful of getting DCed if you trigger too many lightning furies at once...it happens a lot in Cows when they get super packed up.

-You can go sans Griff/Inf, but it cuts down on their effectiveness a lot...they're still viable, just not as pure-pwnage. They're not quite as mandatory as with a pure-light sorc since you can have a weapon on switch for LIs

-Yes, just like with hammerdin it lets you blow through levels super fast. You might be better off with a CoH though, since the zon's playstyle is more about killing everything anyway, and you get the +2 skills and more resists. If you got it, though, use it, of course.

-Fury's damage looks small, but it gets multiplied since every lightning bolt penetrates and hits everything in its path, plus your javelin can penetrate and spawn multiple waves of bolts...so if you fire through a big pack, you can get dozens of bolts hitting everything several times.

There's plenty of javazon guides for skill point distribution.

This is what I use for MFing.

1) Enigma (86 mf)
2) Stealskull (38 mf crap, I prefer dual leech and IAS since I am a hybrid zon, need to socket my new self found 48% MF one soon :) )
3) War Travs (49 mf !!)
4) Gheeds (28 mf crap)

201 MF, this is without affecting my killing speed too much (loss of +2 zon circlet). Not a single dip into Mf charms yet. CoH has much more resists though but Hell Cows are not demons and undead, and most of the time, the cows deal physical damage. So the resist on Coh is of no value in Hell Cows. Not like you plan to kill cow king anyway. If ye worried on some enchanted packs, slap a kiras in your cube and put it on if necessary.

Also Nigma lets me tele and make the merc stick close for infinity to proc, then bombs away.

Thanks alot, also how much dex would i need for max block at my java? im gonna use a Stormshield and i've decided on the following gear:

Shako (socketed with ptopaz)
Enigma (Mage Plate)
Stormshield (haven't decided what to sock it with, help me out? :))
Titans (Haven't bought eth yet, i got 209 dmg on throw i think so their not bad)
-Gloves- (i still don't know what to use :D)
Tgods or verdungo (depends, ill keep switchin' depending on what i want to use)
Ravenfrost (duh..)
Stone of Jordan (im thinking about selling Soj then using Carrion Wind instead)

Charms: Ama torch 14/11 (i know it sucks, MIGHT replace it), life+mana charms and MF charms(sc's and gc).

Ill try to find a Javazon MF guide now too, thanks.

Use SoJ, not Carrion wind. Skills makes LF zon incredibly strong. For gloves - Lancer's gloves of Alacrity (+3 java skills, +20% IAS) - shoppable.

You will be fine with DEX (I think around 200 DEX at lvl 85?) not so important, if you really want to know, calculate it yourself.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High