Community Forum Mafia Game #1 Trouble at DIII.net!

Re: Community Forum Mafia Game #1 Trouble at DIII.net!

Back. And Noodle turned out to be the cop. I didn't believe it when I was reading through, two nights without an investigation and only a vague "You'd better not lynch me" roleclaim. On the other hand, Gorny's death story made it interesting. I wonder if the plan was that if the cop was nk'ed then the details of their investigations would be passed on to the hackers? It'd certainly make me think twice about investigating someone in case I inadvertantly revealed the doctor or another major power role.

I'd like to ask people's opinions on whether they would investigate players if they were a cop with such a restriction?

Do we get the chance to lynch someone else today, should they gain the required number of votes? Or is the remainder of the day given over to discussion and a warm-up for tomorrow now?

Discussion and warm up I believe. We won't be able to lynch two in one day.

If that were the case, and my investigations were to be given to the mafia after I die i'd probably not risk it; the second i gave my role away that i was a cop and ask to lynch someone i either wouldn't be believed or killed the next day, or both.

I don't think that's quite the case though - it's his intention to give info to the mafia rather than something he can't control?

(will reply more later)

The day was drawing to a close and it was time for dinner. Not just any dinner. Today was Tuesday, and on Tuesday the members of the town gathered at the Off-Topic Diner and Grill for a little dinner and debate with some drinks.

There was the usual fare as appetizers go, mozzarella sticks, onion rings, potato skins and the like, and of course beer. As the townies and the like arrived, they were seated at the usual tables and drank a bit while they waited for dinner. At each table, there was a package of breath mints with a small sealed card, a note on each package said "Open after dinner".

With a bit of delay, dinner was served. A grand meal it was. A large basket of bread and butter to go around. Beef stew, smashed potatoes with gravy sauce, which in fact, tasted mightily good. There was meatloaf, ham with glaze and of course, a huge Italian style plate of pasta with meatballs and marinara sauce.

Everything tasted strangely good...very strangely good.

Unknown to the townies, the beer the drank was drugged. It dulled the sense of smell a bit and lessened the taste buds slightly. But no one knew this... nothing seemed amiss.

After dinner the tables were cleaned and a large pot was brought out. It was the sauce pot from the pasta. It was one of the bigger pots...with quite a bit of room inside.

Everyone was instructed to open the little packs of mints and after eating the mints, open the message cards and read them.

People began to gag and become sick to their stomachs as they read the cards. On each was the complete title of one of the dinner items

They read:

Beef Noodle Stew.
Ham with Noodle Sauce.
Noodle Meatloaf
Pasta and Noodle sauce
Smashed Noodle Potatoes with Noodle Gravy.
Bread and Noodle Butter.
Noodle Breath Mints.

Someone risked a peak inside of the pot and screamed. The pot crashed sideways, spilling out its contents. Out poured what was left of the pasta sauce and a horrifying sight. Noodle's head came rolling out of the pot. It was well cooked. In fact, Noodle's goose had been cooked.

There was a laminated card inside the pot too:

NOODLE, IT'S WHAT'S FOR DINNER!

Signed,

Usufruct.

The Siprit of Noodle smiled on.

Noodle had had the last laugh on the town.

Noodle had been served on behalf of Noodle.....

Last edited:

I don't care whats in it, I thought it was delishious! Someone res him so we can eat him again!

Ludacris, either role claim or get lynched tomorrow. You leaving things half open is somewhat unproductive.

Hey Anheg, I just pulled an anti-town move just now. Do you think I should be considered a candidate to be lynched tomorrow?

I just made a joke, btw I already hinted at my role.

[highlight]Day period 2 will end within 30 minutes[/highlight]

Night falls and the second day comes to an end. Night phase 2 begins and the town sleeps....

The day dawns a bit early ... I'm headed to lunch and won't be back for over an hour

The morning paper was delivered as normal to everyone's doorstep. However, there were two deaths during the night as opposed to one. Zhao_Yue was found dead in his hospital bed... he apparently died of a mass heart attack. Foul play was suspected because the body of one Sarah Palin was discovered draped across him with an emptied syringe. Supposedly she was a hired political mafia hit woman. The mafia had feared that Zhao might be prepared for another attempt on his life, and he was. CSI investigators found a small needle in Zhao's hand that was laced with poison. Both Zhao and Palin had died in each other's arms. The true mafia members were nowhere near.

In other news, Anheg was in the wrong place at the wrong time. For some odd reason he had tried to sneak into Zhao's room through a window. The window in question was rigged with plastic explosive and detonater. When the window was opened, a time delay trigger was activated, seconds later, as Anheg climbed through the window.. the explosive went off while his stomach was on the window sill.

Night phase two ends and day three now starts.

Dead:
Zhao, killed by mafia
Anheg, targeted by Zhao.

Zhao was the Vigilante as we know and Anheg was an innocent townie.

If Noodle is townie, Anheg is probably Mafia and one of Necro Tower or Ludicris might be Mafia.

Well, Noodle was the cop and Anheg was a townie. That means Nicro Tower or Ludacris is most likely anti-town, as they probably spread their votes out on Day 1 as to not draw attention to themselves.

So Nicro, care to tell us what were you doing last night?

Alive:

Aman
SiTro
nicro tower
Ray Patean
IntelligentX
Ludacris
Bad Ash

Lock lynch vote bumber is 4 votes.

Arnheg was on my list of possible mafia... Interesting. I have no idea now other than hunches.

I have suspected a Nicro and Luda team 2 days ago. They both jumped on the noodle bandwagon immediately at the start of the day. Maybe they got some kind of tip off that he was the cop? That would probably be too obvious, but I dont know why they both bandwagoned off of eachother...

Would seem the mafia listened to what i said, shame zhao screwed up and hit a townie. Not sure on suspect list, it's been a fairly quiet game though this is to be expected with the lower numbers.

Suspect list to follow soon.

After rereading the thread i have came to the conclusion that Ludacris is infact a member of the mafia.

Hmm, about 50% chance for me to guess the other mafia members. Not excluding myself in the guessing. ^_^ Can you guess who's the remaining mafia?

Also, anyone want to make bets on who's mafia?

Well, Noodle was the cop and Anheg was a townie. That means Nicro Tower or Ludacris is most likely anti-town, as they probably spread their votes out on Day 1 as to not draw attention to themselves.

So Nicro, care to tell us what were you doing last night?

Uhh, working on a science project?

And no there were no illicit activities involved. Just some morally dubious ones.

I was going to wait for Nicro to come around before I voted, but I'm going to head out for a few hours, and want to make my case now.

This game is about information. The scammers pretty much know everything (aside from individual roles) and the town knows little, except for their own roles. Now, the way we gain information is to post. Somehow, Nicro has made it halfway through the game without actually posting anything of value at all. He is the prototypical NCP (non-contributive poster, which is a good mafia tell). Let's take a closer look at his posts:

Nicro said:
What do we do now? This is so scary... or is it?

Nicro said:
It looks like Noodle has a split personality?

Also, what's wrong with having runeword references?

...Unless you have something to hide!

Vote: Noodle!

Nicro said:
*Eats the envelope*

There we go. Now there shall be no more mystery about that manilla envelope.

*Takes 50 vials of antidote*

Also no worries about poison.

Nicro said:
Haha, ha ha....

Double kill.

Wasn't the envelope was eaten already by yours truly?

Nicro said:
*Gives a cookie to Zhao's family for his services to the town.*

Vote: Noodle... again! I don't trust him!

Nicro said:
Reasoning: don't like Noodle.

Nicro said:
Nice posting. You're almost as bad as Gorny :p

Besides, was laughing at the fact that it was a double kill. First time playing this game, didn't know it could happen.

Nicro said:
You seem to be awfully sure about Zhao being a mafia...

Nicro said:
It was reverse psychology.

>.>

<.<

*hides*

Nicro said:
*Teleports to Noodle's corpse*
*Eats it*

Cannibal perk is win.

Everything is now going according to plan.

And vigilante was mentioned in the wiki.

Nicro said:
Explain to me what Mafia points are please?

And why is IntelligentX first? Doesn't he have less points than Noodle and me?

There we have it. An entire game worth of useless posts.

Preview Edit: Are you kidding me Nicro? Can we guess the remaining mafia? Want to make bets on it? If we don't hit the scammers tonight, we are screwed. Why don't you just sit back, and let everyone else do the work for you. Classic NCP, and under the radar tactics. Classic tells.

Vote: Nicro Tower

Ooh... so close Ray. You can almost see the light through the shadows. But you shall never find me.

Also, how is voting to lynch not contributing? It's still contributing... doesn't matter whether it's positive or negative.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High