remote data services data control

Monkos

Aug 15, 2008
remote data services data control

I get prompted to install this activex object every time I browse the forums. What the hell is that anyway?

Re: remote data services data control

I get prompted to install this activex object every time I browse the forums. What the hell is that anyway?

I've never seen anything nor have i been prompted to install anything...perhaps it's something else on your end?

perhaps it's from those ads. maybe they need an activex something and Internet Explorer tends to throw stuff like that ^_^ Firefox FTW

perhaps it's from those ads. maybe they need an activex something and Internet Explorer tends to throw stuff like that ^_^ Firefox FTW

...Also running Firefox, which blocks most things like this.

Firefox doesn't block much of anything, it just doesn't have support for things like activeX. It's rather like protecting your home by making one with no doors in it :s

Firefox doesn't block much of anything, it just doesn't have support for things like activeX. It's rather like protecting your home by making one with no doors in it :s

It certainly blocks more than IE does.

Then ie is like building a house with doors without a lock. Seems like an easy choice. With firefox, you can still use the windows to get in and out.

P.S. google doesn't say much good. I'd keep my eyes op if I were you - goes for the admins too.
http://www.google.be/search?hl=nl&s...1&q=remote+data+services+data+control&spell=1

Don't if you anyone noticed though - 2 incgamers site, this and guildwars:
http://guildwars.incgamers.com/showthread.php?p=5467691

On a related note, google Chrome keeps giving me this message

Warning: Visiting this site may harm your computer!
The website at diablo.incgamers.com/forums contains elements from the site ads.v8dc.com, which appears to host malware - software that can hurt your computer or otherwise operate without your consent. Just visiting a site that contains malware can infect your computer.

Chrome isn't lying, we are getting spyware on our PCs by browsing this forum. :nervous: Just tracking cookies, but still...

Adding to what Murs posted...

Also why most of us run adware and Spybot S&D.

what do you mean it doesn't have support for stuff like that? It'd be useless if it didn't support activeX

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High