Where to put my additional lightning trapper's points? ifr

Theio Vrefos

Sep 7, 2008
Where to put my additional lightning trapper's points?

My build so far is:

Traps:
  • Fire Blast - 1 point
  • Shock Web - 20 points
  • Charged Bolt Sentry - 20 points
  • Lightning Sentry - 20 points
  • Death Sentry - 20 points
1 point in all shadow disciplines except venom and shadow master.

My equipment so far is:
  • Harlequin Crest
  • Seraph's Hymn
  • HotO / CTA
  • Spirit Monarch / Spirit Monarch
  • Enigma
  • FCR ring
  • bk4
  • Trang-Oul's Claws
  • Sandstorm Trek
  • Thundergod's Vigor
  • Torch
  • Annihilus
No skillers :/ I've barely spent 2 or 3 points on strength and the rest on life. I have quite a few points saved.

I am using shock web as my left attack (mainly to push warrior to use it) and light sentry as a primary trap. I spam mind blast on lightning immunes and try to pick them off with a little help from my merc and warrior. Now i'm completely lost about where to dump my extra points. Thanks to fade my resistances are maxed and i have quite a good amount of damage reduction. Warrior might be the place, but i think she's quite good as it is (at she didn't die often in players 8 baal runs). Mind blast is a waste, the damage is extremely low and i really don't like putting extra points in fire blast.

I am now level 81 and have 3 points to spent and it's safe to assume another 8 points till level 90. Any ideas ?

Re: Where to put my additional lightning trapper's points?

MB isn't for dmg, it's for stun / converting (in pvm). You can pump that for more chance to convert immunes, maybe a master (with MB points) to do it for you.

Fb isn't horrible :p

MB isn't for dmg, it's for stun / converting (in pvm). You can pump that for more chance to convert immunes, maybe a master (with MB points) to do it for you.

Fb isn't horrible :p

I knew that about MB, i just stated that it wasn't worthy of extra points :/
I'm not going to dump points for an extra 3% chance to convert.
I don't like master that much, warrior is much more easier to control.
And with my current setup according to an online skill calculator, fire blast will only give me ~1600-2000 damage.

That's more than enough for killing LI's, playing DS and watching the screen explode ;)

I just wasn't sure if you wanted to cast MB yourself or have someone else do it for you. Your call, but FB really isn't bad. If you dont want to, you don't have much options. You maxed the synergies, got all the shadow skills...now it's just putting points in for style. ;)

9 frame fireblast is actually quite scary, even at only 2k damage. This is especially true for areas which the lightning immunes are weak, like chaos.

He isn't hitting 9 Frame Traps due to Fade + HotO

I use a HotO, hence it's a flail. No IAS hurts my trap laying, i have 14 frames speed.

Now i am thinking of dumping everything into fade for the extra damage reduction. My buffed fade level is 18 right now. With +skills it can reach 29-30 which means ~40% damage reduction with my shako.

I just figured out that i have 105 fcr without arach. If i find one i can easily swap my bracers for a pair with IAS. A 15% IAS on my shako will bring me to a trap laying speed of 11.

14 frames would be kind of bad, and I would say FB isn't worth it at that speed. Though, you can always switch to BoS until you need the resist.

Well, i've been PvMing a lot, like hosting baal runs, running for keys and she seems fine even at that speed, but 14 frames * 5 = 70 to cast all of my traps, when 11 frames * 5 = 55 to cast all of them. That makes it at least 15 frames faster, almost a trap laying animation.

I am too fond of fade to skip it :p I'll get an IAS jewel and a 20% ias pair of gloves.

//edit: forgot the 8% DR from enigma. I'm going for full DR :)

Last edited:

With the 35%, you'll definitely hit 11 frames, but bos is still worth it (it'll hit 9 frame), even if you simply have to fade when you need res.

If you'd just prefer the jewel, gloves and hit 11 frames, that's fine. It's certainly better than 15 ;)

Now that i think of it, i can hit 10 frames with a highlords!

well, the seraphim isn't exactly helping other than skill :p

Well, i figured that i can spare the 5 points of stats mara's gives and since i have maxed resists with fade, seraph's is like a mara's on a budget.

If anyone cares, i use IK boots + gauntlets, which i found better than random unique gloves with 20% ias + sandstorms, due to 25 MF, 44 life, stats and 25% ias.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High