Status on your current goal

In The Name of Zod

Jul 13, 2007
Status on your current goal

So what are you currently engaged in achieving in d2? Is it showing much progress and are you about ready to change? What has been your most recent achievement? Do you have any interesting stats or screenshots to share with us?

My status report:
Goal: Level up a level 92 hammerdin using /players 5 settings whilst running mephisto. Hoping for an arachnid mesh.
Stats: I get around 117,775XP per run and need another 37,285,905XP so thats about 316.5 runs without dying. Using 585MF%.
Bonus: Just got my first reapers toll :)
Speed: Doing around 100 runs per day or 25 runs per half hour.
Next: About 1000 LK runs mixed with countess.

So how about yourselves?

Re: Status on your current goal

My status report:

Goal: Get a mat/pat for all seven characters. A fairly unimpressive goal in these days of bazillions of runs and naked guardians but I've been stuck on this for quite some time since I have trouble with druids. I finished the other six chars a long time ago.

Stats: After about 4 failed attempts I managed to finish up my goal a couple weeks ago with a shock/maul summoner. Didn't really feel it warranted a thread.

Bonus: Extra socketing quests? Heh.

Speed: Was a fairly quick build, patted him in about 2 weeks of sporadic playing.

Next: Continue to on to more challenging mat/pats.

My Goal - get a completely full Flavie report - runes, runewords, potions, everything. (yeah, that means I need two Zods and a dozen or so Jahs)
Status -
Code:
Name	               Total  Found #    Found %    Not Found #   Not Found %
All items               505      371     73.47%            134        26.53%
All Unique items        378      266     70.37%            112        29.63%
All Set Items           127      105     82.68%             22        17.32%
Normal Uniques          117      106      90.6%             11          9.4%
Exceptional Uniques     119       94     78.99%             25        21.01%
Elite Uniques            85       37     43.53%             48        56.47%
Jewelry                  30       16     53.33%             14        46.67%
Class-Specific Items     27       13     48.15%             14        51.85%
Normal Sets              62       58     93.55%              4         6.45%
Expansion Sets           65       47     72.31%             18        27.69%
Gems                     35       32     91.43%              3         8.57%
Runes Common             11       11     100.0%              0          0.0%
Runes Semi Rare          11       10     90.91%              1         9.09%
Runes Extremely Rare     11        1      9.09%             10        90.91%
Runewords                24        5     20.83%             19        79.17%
1.10 Runewords           24        1      4.17%             23        95.83%
1.10 Runewords(RWM)      23        3     13.04%             20        86.96%
1.11 Runewords            7        1     14.29%              6        85.71%
Miscelaneous             29       16     55.17%             13        44.83%
Got quite a way to go before I see a load of zeroes in the last two columns.

Grail minus 5.

Grail minus 5.

Same here. Two of the missing items being Stormlash and DW (*cries out loud*). However, I've put this long-term goal aside for the moment. Currently I'm levelling a new char. More will follow for certain before I resume the main goal.

The grail, of course. Currently at -96, so there's still a lot of time to be wasted.

I'm also obsessed with obtaining runes I'll never use. It's only because those HRs are so rare that I want them. But I'll certainly have to have an Infinity and a Faith before I retire.

A Mat/Pat of every class. While that seems largely innocuous, in seven or so years I've never beaten the game with an Assassin, Druid, or Necromancer. I've come close, but... eh. After a restart, I've only got a sorc, so there's some work to do here, too. :shrug:

I feel like I've accomplished 98% of my goals in the game, so I've been working hard at procrastinating with that last 2% lately. I'm doing really well at it too, since I don't think I've played for over a week. :p

Otherwise, I guess there are 3 remaining goals I have, but the first one is the only one that I give any priority to for any length of time:
1. Play for fun, which means whatever is appealing at any given moment.
2. Make a Necromancer Patriarch (read THC64's post about druids for a summary - except I haven't reached that goal like he did)
3. Make one guardian, someday.

Many of you are very ambitious. =).

Goal #1: Keep it fun.
Means: Be extremely impulsive.

Goal #2: Finish themed [insert number here]-virates.
Status: For my current 12-virate, 4 cut the tape and 2 hit the wall.

Goal #3: Make every character special.
Benefit: Keeps you searching for new ideas, and makes the experience more meaningful.

Speed: I move at my own pace.

mine are kinda weird. im gonna get barons for every class at version 1.00, then get pats/mats for every class at 1.07 and then at 1.12. then i wanna try it all on hardcore. haha goodluck right?
progress: i baroned a nec today. moving on to sorc tomorrow. i just started so im still in 1.00, this should take a while cause im a slow player and im also a college baseball player so im not gonna have a lot of time after winter break

Main goal - Get a tournament Guardian playing how i play.

Current Status- Fail

Many attempts at achieving goal?- YES!!!

End goal- Get a bloody Guardian

My single tree project is on hold while I give Laz's new mod a going over.

I just want to get a Guardian - any build, any class, any how!

The obstacles to this are entriely self made:
1) I am too impatient, and try to do things at too low a level
2) I never read the mods on specials before I'm fighting with them.

Still, one day, one day....

@EMoo: That sounds so familiar... Haha...

My most imediate goal is to make a fortitude. Having recently made both an Oath and a Delerium, I currently sit on IST, Mal, Um. I've been running LK, but I'm not finding much in the way of runes. Although my skiller count is somewhere around 60. I also want to Mat/Pat a char of each class playing with a friend of mine, but thats rather hard since he doesn't visit as much as I would like. However, he will be here this weekend, so it should be our third group of Mats. Although two of my three will have been druids.

Current goal: Infinity
Finnished goals: Fortitude, Chains of Honor, 100% set-item grail (broken for now)
Speed: Have stoped playing a bit, doing some LK-runs sometimes but my RL takes most of my time. I hope I have Infinity by the beginning of 2009.

Hmmm, Like some others my main goal is to have fun. I am a pack rat so a grail is fun for me hence that ongoing project. I would stop at grail -1 though as Tyrials just seems silly. The other way I have fun is questing through the game with a nice setup. I mix up many aspects of the game depending on my mood switching between questing new characters, magic finding for good items, and rune hunting of late. Hence progress is slow. I should probably install Flavie sometime soon to see where I am in my grail quest at least.

I have never finished the game with an assassin either but that does not bother me much. I read a lot of build guides and mat/pat/guardian threads and seeing a nice build that I want to do bugs me far more than having never enjoyed assassins.

Currently, My main goal is to complete a Tals Set Sorc (also HF rushing a CTA for some BO on teh switch).

I play HC and sorcs are my favorite class, but they are just too dangerous without the right gear in most zones. I have a blizzballer all ready to go around level 85 that is just a little to fragile for my tastes to continue playing.

For MF purposes I built a pure blizz throwaway MFer for meph/andy (got a pretty sweet map roll for both) and I have my Fishy (will be my baal runner) levelling in pits (level 67).

Hopefully within a few months I can complete my Tals set. So far I am missing orb (wtf I recall finding 100's of these on bnet), and of course Amulet + Armor. Have a perfect belt...yay.

Once the sorc is geared, I can continue my quest for selffound HC grail. The reasoning behind using Tals/CTA, is so that I can clear WS2/Baal with a sorc safely with decent MF. Necros are safe and all, but God are they slow! (at least for my tastes).

Well if we are going off of our yearly goals from Your D2 moment 0f 2007 & ambitions for 2008 then...

Finished the main goal of getting a Mat/Pat of each character class by just finishing off my WW Barbarian (not using IK). So for the rest of the year I can just do whatever, no goal in mind at all. :coffee: Although I am refraining from doing any runs with the MFO and Pindlethon upcoming, don't want to burn out before then. So basically just trying to get the needed pics for the Christmas tournament all set, althought I've almost given up on the Crow Next boss one, apparently monster shrines have too short a radius for that to be a viable option.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High