Etdlahq Memorial Bar - your shelter from forum crashes

LOL, well I guess he looks young for his age :p (or maybe the moving out age is very high where you are :p)

For a while I thought I had scared people off by telling them I used to be a door to door salesmen (don't worry people I won't try and sell you anything)

For a while I thought I had scared people off by telling them I used to be a door to door salesmen (don't worry people I won't try and sell you anything)

Hahaha! If you sold candy bars along with those contracts, I might've been pretty easily coerced... :wink:

No, it's not your doing that's keeping the bar a little quiet. I can only speak for myself, but I've been at work, focusing on D2 with my free time, and still fuming a bit about my birthday (thanks for the good wishes, but my b-days always suck) so it's been a less than exciting week.

Anyone got Christmas plans? I had been thinking a couple months back to go to Maine to see the folks, but it ain't happening. Now I'm gonna be trapped with my roommates, along with a mother, sister, and brother-in-law that aren't mine. ...Celebra-a-ate good time, c'mon!... :\ I can't imagine what kind of Christmas shopping I can do for all these random people.

Tea, anyone? I should get some sleep. Although I've got the night off, I think I'm gonna visit the girlfriend at work tonight...

I'll grab a green tea it is too early to start on the beer just yet (will start in another half an hour - it is 11:30am friday).

I am heading to coffin bay for a week of fishing, swiming, surfing etc. for about a week over christams. It is ~ 700 km from adelaide by road, or 280km as the crow flies.

Coffin Bay sounds like a setting for some cheesy SciFi original movie thing. If I send them the title they could have a 2 hour cheesefest starring Stephen Baldwin in 2 weeks.

Grape Fanta, please. I feel like something different tonight. Medal of Honor has me in it's mushy grasp, though I tried to stay away from it. Was up til way too late last night playing, and it might happen again tonight if I don't control myself. I have 2 (2!!!) 250-question reviews to do by tomorrow night, and MoH will just ruin my chances of passing this class. Silly me, I though that when the prof said the reviews were lengthy she meant 75 to 100 questions. Not 500.

@ pancakeman: Do you mean something like Lake Placid? There are of course *many* more.

My wife is down! I'm absolutely estactic. Although we're recovering from the bottle of vodka we had between us last night... MAde some headway with the solicitors this morning. The new lady handling my case sounds about 14 on the phone, but I'm sure she has five times as many qualifications as I do.

I've got work at 4... BOO!

Green tea please.

this is one of the many reasons I don't play on Bnet anymore and am glad that I never played NL.:hammerhead: I recommend reading/watching this guide and many others if you are in need of a laugh ....

On a slightly lighter note coffin bay does indeed sound like a location for a cheesey movie, I am not sure were the name actually came from.

A salesman knocked at the door, I answered and he said a jolly "Hello, is your Mum or Dad in?". It took me a while to stop laughing. Happy times.

Goltar got that last week, he's 29.

She asked for "Dad" and he responded, "I AM Dad...." that left her a bit flustered....

Reminds me of an encounter I had towards the end of last year (June 2008 ish). Knock on the door, there's a saleswoman there, the following conversation:

Her: "Hi I'm from BT, do you pay the phone bills at this house?"
Me: "No, I'm afraid not" - (Student accommodation, we didn't rent a phone line)
Her: "Oh, are your parents in?"
Me: "No, they're half the country away."

I thought it was brilliant, it was essentially the same as being ID'd at a bar. It probably helps if you know that I generally look about five years older than I actually am. :jig:

Someone serve me some decent dark beer. I was at the Birmingham Christmas Market last night and had a great time. I've also ended up with a drinking horn with a capacity for a pint, which is amazing. Now, I just need to stop using it for long enough to tidy up the house and pack my bags to go home for a fortnight!

*Throws a green tea to Fast Eddie and a grape Fanta to pancakeman*
Enjoy!

Thanks for the beverage SiTro... Just about caught that...

My wife is watching the X-Factor Girls Aloud whatever on TV, and my PC headset is broken so I can't drown it out! Must... find... MP3 player...

Incidentally we're both drinking Vodka and Relentless in preperation for the Tradition of Saturday night D&B & Subway night in Newquay, 0030-0500. She doesn't like D&B, she doesn't like half the people we're going with, and she won't like the club once she gets there. However, I don't care. It's my tradition.

Eddie's old film reviews: Over The Hedge is *the best* animated film ever. I found Blood Diamond very riveting and interesting, but also far too Hollywood. I'm not sure what the wife wants to watch next. Definitely not anything I like...

Incidentally we're both drinking Vodka and Relentless in preperation for the Tradition of Saturday night D&B & Subway night in Newquay, 0030-0500. She doesn't like D&B, she doesn't like half the people we're going with, and she won't like the club once she gets there. However, I don't care. It's my tradition.

+1. I like your style, man. Though that's a little harsh if you haven't seen her much in the past couple months, even if she's not into your music it's still cool that she'll put up with it just to spend time with you. Goes to show how great a relationship can be when two people embrace their differences. :thumbup: My girl wouldn't listen to 30 seconds of DnB even if I had her hog tied; she'd find a way out somehow.

+1. I like your style, man. Though that's a little harsh if you haven't seen her much in the past couple months, even if she's not into your music it's still cool that she'll put up with it just to spend time with you. Goes to show how great a relationship can be when two people embrace their differences. :thumbup: My girl wouldn't listen to 30 seconds of DnB even if I had her hog tied; she'd find a way out somehow.

I don't blame her, I can't stand DnB .... but then again my taste in music is pretty bad so I can't really comment. (the last concert I went to see was Billy Joel and the one before that was Elton John :p)

It's okay. Most people think that DnB, or any electronic music, afficionados are the ones with the bad taste in music. Meanwhile, I'm dry heaving when anything that gets MTV airtime is within earshot.

Billy Joel and Elton John are classics, so there's no way I can bash on you. Heck, I grew up in the '80s, I still like Wham and George Michael and Peter Gabriel. Should I be ashamed to admit it? Maybe... but at least people know those artists. If I said I someone should pick up Dieselboy, Goldie, Modeselektor, and Matthew Dear, people just nod and pretend I'm talking about yummy cookies and unicorns.

I don't have anything against DNB perse, I just enjoy it (or can really tell the difference between the individual songs :p). I also really hate what ever gets played in clubs (hence why I am a pub boy). I do however like Daft Punk and the Chemical Brothers (so I guess I like some electronic music).

I guess my taste in music is mainly 70's 80's and 90's.

You almost had me there, oh diablo, lord of addiction.
If I didn't have my cd's at my parents, I would have installed lod and thrown some assasin or weredruid action today...
Luckily I was forseeing enough to "forget" my copy of the game, and now the worst abstinence have died out...
:thumbup:

Edit: @Sitro: Door-to-door salesmen are annoying :p I once got held up for 20 minutes by a guy from british gas when I lived in London... You should probably know that I'm horrible to tell people off :hide:

Edit2: Oh my god, when did the ":hide:"-smiley get removed? :(

Nice to be remembered :wave:

Things are good, haven't played Diablo for a while, have no urge atm

Need to fill out a PhD application form, and buy stuff for XMas, and figure out when I want to go home

What's your excuse for not playing Diablo/frequenting the SPF?

Great :)
I try my best to keep out of here, since browsing the forums have been scientifically proven to have a direct connection with being sucked back into the game :p
Oh, christmas is such a hassle... I haven't even started to prepare for it, and it's just 10 days now!

As I said, I try to not get all sucked up in d2 again, but I might consider joining a tournement or something during the holidays. And d2 only entertains me for so long at a time these days, I mostly plan builds that never happen, and then you get tired of you chars... And now all my chars are gone! So if I was to come back I'd have to make a fresh start... If I don't coun't my e-mail backup of my relatively poor, but very much enough for me, higher end items stash that is ;)

And don't think I'm not watching you! I'm lurking the forums without being logged in from time to time :evil:

So d2's on ice huh? No projects going at all?

So d2's on ice huh? No projects going at all?

I have vague plans to make two characters, one all vit and one all energy, to go with my all dex WFzon and titan wolfbarb, but I have no desire to play it atm (that will probably change at home where the internet connection is worse)

Anyway, where are my British manners, can I get you a drink?

+1. I like your style, man. Though that's a little harsh if you haven't seen her much in the past couple months, even if she's not into your music it's still cool that she'll put up with it just to spend time with you.

I do appreciate what you're saying. I guess it did sound a bit harsh, but it turns out that I was spot-on. Her girlfriend she was hoping to go with dropped out, she didn't like the music, and she said she didn't feel drunk enough to dance. But she did say she was quite happy to get chatted up by strange men at the bar while I did the hardstyle shuffle with my friends on the dancefloor.

My taste in music is pretty bad so I can't really comment. (the last concert I went to see was Billy Joel and the one before that was Elton John :p)

Actually my friend that drove us was listening to Elton John. We opened the car door, buzzing on Relentless, ready for four hours of D&B: "WTF... Is that Candle In The Wind?"

I'd love some scotch please!

I feel exactly the same. During christmas when I'll be with my family at my parents with a not as satisfactory connection, I might swing some paws, claws or staffs around the moor again ;)

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High