A couple of questions regarding Modified d2gfx.dll?

Re: A couple of questions regarding Modified d2gfx.dll?

For the record, you don't actually have to know your ip or even be connected to the internet. You can always use 127.0.0.1 (the address for your local machine) for running multiple instances on your computer.

i tried to run 2 instances on my computer without internet access and i couldnt because diablo insists on being connected to the net before you can host a game for the other instance to join.

am i missing something?

You dont have to be connected to the internet. Just fool your PC into thinking its on an network. I.e. Just join any network and even if it doesent connect ur pc will still get its local IP assigned and D2 should be happy.

You dont have to be connected to the internet. Just fool your PC into thinking its on an network. I.e. Just join any network and even if it doesent connect ur pc will still get its local IP assigned and D2 should be happy.

thanks for fast reply. i will see if i can get that working :)

Just a little q : I'm trying to run multiples instances of v 1,09b using TrenShadow's Version switcher. How can I do it ?

Grisu, if I can de-smiley that, mind if I add it to the FAQ with accreditation to you?

i still dont get how to make dll work? I dont get the hex editor and that stuff.

what version to you play dlav? more info for more tips

i downloaded it
changed the name and i oped a hex editor and opened the program and i couldnt find the number thing.

Download the modifed dll, move the original somewhere else. Place the modified file where the original was. Use the same shortcut.

Why are people trying to use hex editor? Completely uneeded to run multiple instances (in my experience).

DLav - I know you play median Xl. Median runs with the modified .dll in your DiabloII folder, but I've never tried to run multiple Medians. Maybe it doesnt work?

i still have probs it says unhandled exception 00000005 somethin like that.

@ginNtonic/dlav: FYI, multiple instances of Median XL 1.70, 1.71 and 1.72 do work.

ah................ i need help to make this work. Im 11 yrs old and im confused. I have no freakin idea of what im doin.

I don't know what to tell ya Dlav. Move your original .dll to another folder and put the modified one in its place. Should work just fine. what OS (98, XP, Vista, etc) are you running. where did you download your modified .dll from? I think the one at Phrozen Keep is still working.

does it work for 1.12?

Yes. I'm using 1.12a and I'm 99.1% sure I used that download link...

I'm also 60% sure that 100% of the time statistics are made up on the spot.

Heres some tips:
1) download file
*virus scan cause I'm paranoid. I've not had any troubles from PK though
2) Extract the files (I use WINRAR)
3) Now locate and open your main diablo 2 folder (C;\Diablo II or whatever yours is called)
4) Make a new folder to keep a backup of original files(mine is Dbackup)
5) Move the original d2gfx.dll file to your newly created backup folder
6) Now find the modified d2gfx.dll file you downloaded and extracted earlier and move it into your C;\Diablo II folder (or again whatever you named it)
7) Right click your diablo2 shortcut and goto properties
7a) put -w after the quotes in the target. Like This
*the -direct -txt is for RRM and RWM, you do not need these in the target text if you do not use these mods
7b) some people say to redirect the shortcut target to the game.exe works. Simply create a new shortcut from the game.exe inside your diablo II folder. Like This

Finally, I noticed you were talking about using a hex editor. I'm no expert on how that could help, but I do know messing around with hex codes can lead to unhandled exceptions if you don't know what your changing. If all else fails reinstall diablo and try to replace the .dll afterwards.

Good luck

I did all that and it stills says unhandled exception.

Perhaps your installation is non standard. I know that I had similar problems on other games and it was generally due to odd modifications I had on. Other people having similar problems to me on those other games sometimes attributed it to no cd cracked .exe files being different to the originals etc.

Anyways, if I where you I would do a clean install of D2 and LoD, patch to 1.12, try the new .dll file and see if it works. Take my advice with a grain of salt though as I have never tried the modified dll or any other mod (aside from RRM/RWM).

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High