Too all those HC Occy haters...

Jetman

Oct 23, 2008
Too all those HC Occy haters...

In the past I was among the worst of the Occy haters for my HC sorcs. Whether it was bad luck or just not really being careful enough with my builds (max block etc) Occy had gotten me into some sticky situations (never caused a death tho).

However all my views on this have changed :).

I started about a month ago from scratch on teh SP side (came from bnet) so I had to build up my wealth slowly. Therefore, the best I had to put on my Blizz MF sorc for the moment was Occy. Good thing I did.

I'm chillin on teh couch yesterday, running some AT's and watching my 8month old son crawl around. As he often does, he decided it would be fun to try to grab the power cables to my laptop and eat them. I hit esc, set my computer aside, and picked him up for a second.

A good 2 mins or so past, and I put him back by some toys and sat back down at the computer...OMG...my sorc had about 29/800 life left and had just auto teled away from a pack of mummies... OCCY had saved my life! My merc had wiped out, and apparently Occy had teled me away from teh pack far enough to keep my sorc alive for 2 mins...WOW

2 things learned are:

1) I love OCCY!

2) Always double check to make sure that I actually DID pause the game before putting down my computer :thumbup:

Re: Too all those HC Occy haters...

A lovely little story, with a happy ending!

It certainly makes a change from "and then I had to format my HD and lost all my stashes!"

I'm glad you avoided certain death! :jig:

It's really mean of me to say, but maybe the ultimate lesson isn't to be learned by you but by your son. If he actually chewed through that power cord, something tells me he'd learn not to do it again... :wink:

Joking aside, I'm with FastE in that I'm glad this was a happy story. There's far too many ill-fated tales around here; it's refreshing to see something truly positive happen!

disclaimer: TheReadMenace wishes no ill will, physically or emotionally, to any individual, but especially defenseless children whose curiosity knows no bounds; furthermore, life lessons aren't to be learned by way of electric shock. Kids: don't try this at home.

If he actually chewed through that power cord, something tells me he'd learn not to do it again... :wink:

My electromagnetic fields professor in college told us one morning that the best way he let his kids learn about the power of electricity was to allow them to stick a fork in the wall socket. Now, he didn't tell them to do it, and I'm sure it was supervised, but we were all pretty shocked (no pun intended) at the comment. That's about the only thing I remember from that class.

On topic, the HC Occulus saved my pure lightning nova sorc's butt, twice.

Awesome! Nice to see an occy doing its master a good deed every once in a while. I happen to be one of the users described in the title as I have had some bad experiences with them in the past...

Guide to create your own Diablo II pinball machine:

1. Take an occy wielding sorc into Nilathak's temple.
2. Keep re-rolling until u get a blow dart flayer and thorn beast monster spawn.
3. Cue Benny Hill music.
4. Enjoy the ensuing hilarity!

Note: good for one play only.

:coffee:

Hm, with so many occy users here, and pinball mode mentioned - hows the speed of CtC determined? Guide to 2 frame teleport sorc :D? Or is it nonsense?

It's really mean of me to say, but maybe the ultimate lesson isn't to be learned by you but by your son. If he actually chewed through that power cord, something tells me he'd learn not to do it again... :wink:

Joking aside, I'm with FastE in that I'm glad this was a happy story. There's far too many ill-fated tales around here; it's refreshing to see something truly positive happen!

disclaimer: TheReadMenace wishes no ill will, physically or emotionally, to any individual, but especially defenseless children whose curiosity knows no bounds; furthermore, life lessons aren't to be learned by way of electric shock. Kids: don't try this at home.

Truly epic post TRM...I am still laughing...freaking awesome! :smug:

Guide to create your own Diablo II pinball machine:

1. Take an occy wielding sorc into Nilathak's temple.
2. Keep re-rolling until u get a blow dart flayer and thorn beast monster spawn.
3. Cue Benny Hill music.
4. Enjoy the ensuing hilarity!

ROFL. Actually this already happened to me, not in Nilathak's but in WSK in a crossroad corridor with blowdarters in every side. Pretty funny to random tele about 8~10 times in a row...

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High