Shall i begin again ?

Lizardking

Dec 1, 2007
Shall i begin again ?

So here's my story:

My first account was pwetty nice. Had 2 MF chars and 2 PVP chars. All really high level and really good stuff on it. Hacked

Then, i had my second account, one of my favi's. Had 1 MF necro, 3 LLD chars (which i build up here, all the items are from forum.diii.net). Hacked.

Now i want to begin again but i really think i want to LLD again so i need some serious stuff again. Here are the following questions:

-Is LLD still as populair as it was ?
-How are the trading value's these days ?
-Is it very hard to start all over and mf again ? How long would it take these days ?

My last account (the second one) was like 9 months ago so i think all the chars are gone (and i heard there was a ladder reset ?) So shall i begin again ?

Re: Shall i begin again ?

-Is it very hard to start all over and mf again ? How long would it take these days ?

I restarted when D3 was announced, after about a 4-year layoff (WoW-induced). I am a somewhat casual player. Started a non-ladder Skeleton Necro from scratch, and it took maybe a month (1 hour or less of play per day) to build up a solid MFer - Shako, Enigma, War Travs, Gheed's, Hellfire Torch, the whole MF getup. Then abandoned non-ladder, and started a ladder MF Necro. Again, only an hour or so per day, often less. I made it to Hell quickly, leveled to 83 doing Pit and Ancient Tunnel runs, Now have a really nice MF Necro, just missing Enigma. I've amassed a very small nest egg - a few Puls, 50-60 Pgems, some random good items, and the items I have for trade in this thread. Not rich, but again, VERY LIMITED playtime. Most people here play WAY more than I do.

Check the Trade Value forum for an idea of values.

ETM

Nice motivating post EricTheMidget, i think i'm going to start again. The necro you play, is that a fishymancer ?

Nice motivating post EricTheMidget, i think i'm going to start again. The necro you play, is that a fishymancer ?

Yes, exactly. 20 Raise Skel, 20 SM, 20 CE, 4 or 5 in Sum Resist, 1 in Clay Golem & Golem Mastery, 1 in prereqs for Decrep (Decrep is ESSENTIAL for Act bosses after Normal), let +skills make these 1-point wonders. Act 2 Might merc w/ Insight weapon. You can play basically naked, so load up on MF, resists, and +skills. Not challenging, but FUN, and a good MF runner.

Have fun!

ETM

So here's my story:

My first account was pwetty nice. Had 2 MF chars and 2 PVP chars. All really high level and really good stuff on it. Hacked

Then, i had my second account, one of my favi's. Had 1 MF necro, 3 LLD chars (which i build up here, all the items are from forum.diii.net). Hacked.

Now i want to begin again but i really think i want to LLD again so i need some serious stuff again. Here are the following questions:

-Is LLD still as populair as it was ?

My last account (the second one) was like 9 months ago so i think all the chars are gone (and i heard there was a ladder reset ?) So shall i begin again ?

If you do start again, think about why your account was hacked. Are your passwords easy to guess? If your account name is ForThoseAboutToRock and your password is WeSaluteYou, it doesn't take a genius to guess.

I have never had an account hacked. Partly because I have good passwords and partly because I don't play PvP. People don't like to lose and if you PvP a lot then chances are pretty good that someone will try to steal your items eventually (just my opinion here).

Also consider the possibility that you have a key-logging virus on your computer. If you do, then you may have bigger problems than stolen bnet accounts.

I recommend making a meteorb. I made one when the ladder reset recently and then again when I switched to Single Player. Very effective even without good gear.

Aah tnx for all the comments,
A meteorber is cool but in my own experience, it lack's on the pits with a rather low equipment. So i think i'll make a skelliemancer.
My passwords are always very random, never to guess if you ask me but i'll pay extra attention...

Another question: is a downloaded version of diablo II+expensions banable ? And a no cd crack too ? Because my dvd drive is broken so i can't install diablo from my disk (I DO HAVE 2 KEYS SO). Am i safe on bnet ?

If you have the cd-keys, you can just register them at the blizzard site and download the software from there. A no-cd crack sounds like a big nono, but i believe blizzard supports playing the game without the cd as long as you have all the files on your hard disk (including video and music). Somebody else can probably comment better on this.
I'm pretty sure those files are included in the package that can be downloaded from their site.

I have all the files so, and if i have my dvd drive back i unistall and install again with the cd's again... Tnx for your help !

Btw is it banable if you run d2 windowed ? (so with the -w at the end of the exe name ?)

Last edited:

Yeah, but i read that Blizzard is banning many people so i don't know what's allowed and what isn't :p

If your account name is ForThoseAboutToRock and your password is WeSaluteYou, it doesn't take a genius to guess.

:rolf::punk:

Not meaning to hi-jack this thread, but that was hilarious to read for some reason. And here are some other common pw's:

qwerty = Left handed idiot
asdfjkl = ambidextrous idiot
abc123 = Newb
f**kyou = I'm not meaning to bypass the filter, example only. No Ban Please!
itssimple = "Hey, what's your password", "It's simple", "yeah, what is it?"

And one of my all time favs!!

ebwc2n = Everybody Wang chung Tonight

P

Third-party programs were the subjects of the recent ban wave (Map Hack, D2 Loader, Bot programs, etc.). No-CD crack counts, I assume, but I don't know if they can detect it, especially considering that the latest patch supports no-CD play.

Be careful muling - when I played in the stone age, it was much safer, IIRC. Now, if you switch games too fast, you'll get a 15-minute temp ban and lose all your stuff that's left on the ground. Perm the game for 5 minutes. Every time you enter a game, stay 30 seconds before leaving and coming back.

ETM

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High