n e thing better than Spirit sword for HC Trangs necro? if

magicianDK

Aug 8, 2008
n e thing better than Spirit sword for HC Trangs necro?

Hey Guys,

I'm currently using a spirit sword (great life, FHR, and FCR) on my HC trangs necro.

The thing is, while I'm built as a summoner (maxed skeletons, mastery, and CE), is it better for me to use an Arm of King Leoric, or continue with the spirit sword? Or try my luck out with a wizard spike?

Maybe go for a blackhand's key?

Given the fact that i'm in vampire mode (for the most part), what's my best option, better yet what are my top 3 options here?

EDIT: Being away from the game so long, I think just by looking up a rune word weapon, the HOTO would be the best item for me wiht +3 and 40fcr, it's a pareto improvement :)

Re: n e thing better than Spirit sword for HC Trangs necro?

The HUGE fast hit recovery alone is a good enough reason to keep the spirit sword, especially if you are 75% blocking. Remember you can block 75% while walking, and as a ghoul you walk as fast as you run. And since you will be blocking all of the time, you want very high FHR because as a ghoul you will use FHR animation instead of block animation. I hope all of that makes sense. You could pre-buff your skeles with AoKL. Fast Cast Rate is pointless for Trang's necro because they just cast so slow it's stupid. You probably don't need the extra resists from wizzy or hoto. You should already be maxed out on resistance with good boots or some small charms.

For a Trang summoner, the only 3 things I consider:

1. Beast
2. Spirit
3. AoKL

Use 1 or 2 and prebuff with 3.

Hey,

Well I already have 2, so I'll get 3, summon my skeletons and switch back to 2 for CE? I like the idea of max blocking while walking. I've toggled the r/w button a few times, and there really is no difference in ghoul form (slightly). How much dexterity for max block. I went with a no dex build up until level 71 where I am now, with all points into life and just enough STR to wear the set.

Do you have any idea how much dex needed to maintain max block, and whats a good level of FHR to maintain? Currently with the Spirit I have 55 that I know of, am I looking toget 12 fhr gcs?

Last edited:

It's well over 200 at the high levels. My 92 trang poisoner has quite a lot of dex, but it's worth it, because I just tank. You could save some by putting an eld rune in shield. I would get enough fast hit recovery as you need to hit the highest breakpoint reasonable, probably 72%, but 117% is definitely possible with nice charms and a spirit sword.

FHR%/frames

34%/9
48%/8
72%/7
117%/6

You might not have enough points left to get good blocking, since you are level 71.

Why does he need FHR?

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High