A Christmas Present 3 [Giveaway/Donation thread]

BobTheWarrior

May 17, 2007
A Christmas Present 3 [Giveaway/Donation thread]

Edit: Now with Vanilla flavoring!

Link to ACP 1
Link to ACP 2

Hello all in the D2 SPF. It’s drawing near to that time of year again, when we all begin to think of others and what they’ll be giving us, er . . ., what we’ll be giving them for the holidays.

Carrying on the tradition, I have volunteered to host this years A Christmas Present giveaway, with permission from DeadDave who hosted last year (thanks Dave ;))

My timeline this year is as follows:
Now – Solicit donations and a list of recipients
Nov 28th – Final day to submit stashes
Dec 12th – Final day to signup to receive
Dec 13th and 14th – Hand out the presents.

I know the giveaway is two weeks early, but many of us have time to play a little over the holidays and I know I’ll be very busy during that time. What better way to spend your holidays than re-gearing all your characters or making new ones to play with your shiny new trinkets!

[highlight]Rules for Donors:[/highlight]
At this time, all gifted items will be 1.12a softcore RWM/RRM only. 1.11b items may be donated, but will be brought forward to 1.12a. If there is interest from both donors, recipients, and another host, I (we) may consider collecting and donating other versions/mods. Please e-mail me if you are interested in giving/receiving other versions/mods or co-hosting and if there is enough interest I’ll announce it in this thread.

Donors must:
  • Have a current trade profile, OR seem competent (I know some long-time members don’t have trade profiles. If you don’t have a profile, sign up anyway and if there is a concern I’ll let you know in private)
  • Have qualified as FTS under the current FTS rules (exception provided to those without a profile, see above)
  • E-mail their stashes to me no later than Nov 28th to bobthewarrior.d2 at gmail.com. The sooner the better.
  • Include their forum name and ACP in the stash name AND in the e-mail subject line
    [*]For example: Subject: Bobthewarior send his ACP3 stash (attached: ACP3-Uniques-bobthewarrior.d2x)
    [*]I would prefer you copy this stash syntax (ACP3-<item type>-<yourforumname>.d2x) for easy sorting/tracking.​
  • Provide items that conform to the item rules below
  • Provide an ATMA full info dump of the stash(es) they are giving in the e-mail with the stash. Zip it all together for convenience, please.

Item Rules
Items given away can consist of:
  • 1.11b or 1.12a SC RWM/RRM items only. 1.11b items will be brought forward to 1.12a.
  • HC -> SC transferred items should be excluded from the giveaway stashes, please.
  • Items from previous versions that are different from 1.12a items should be excluded (e.g. 1.09 Raven Claw, 1.07 Valk Wing (I think?))
  • Any item that does not conform to SPTF trading rules should be excluded
  • Only Uniques, Sets, Charms, Jewels, and PGems, will be accepted
  • Each type should be in it’s own stash
  • Uniques and Sets can be in a single stash
  • There is no TC restriction on these items
  • Charms of all sizes can be in a single stash
  • There is no restriction on mods
  • Magic and Rare jewels can be in a single stash, Facets should be included in your Unique/Sets stash.
  • There is no restriction on mods
  • Pgems only, please, no flawless or lower gems
  • Runes – are excluded. Sorry, it’s difficult enough arranging a giveaway of this size, I don’t want to deal with the hassle runes will bring.
  • No Rare/Magic/Crafted/White/Socketed/Runeword items, please.
Ugh. That’s a lot of rules. Sorry.

[highlight]Recipients:[/highlight]
If you would like to receive one of these presents, please sign up below. Simple, right?!?! Try not to mess it up. Anyone is eligible to receive. Recipients will receive 1.12a items, keep this in mind if you play a different version.
If you wish to keep your e-mail private, put <private> in the table and send me an e-mail with your forum name in the subject line.

[highlight]Presents:[/highlight]
The presents will consist of a mixture of all of the items donated. I will keep them in separate stashes (uniques and sets separate from charms separate from jewels separate from pgems).

Each recipient will receive some of each type of item.

I will try to make sure each stash has one of an item before duplicating it in the same stash (so, e.g., everyone will get a green breastplate instead of one person getting 7 green breastplates and someone else not getting any).

All presents will be random and consist of an approximately equal number of items, I will not customize the stashes to meet individual needs.

Any questions? Post or e-mail me at bobthewarrior.d2 at gmail.com

Last edited:
Re: A Christmas Present 3

[highlight]Recipients:[/highlight]
Code:
Forum Name		E-mail address

Good job Bob.

I've got a stash with ~1500 items that I've been meaning to giveaway forever, and never got around to. There's quite a few decent items in there, and I might clean up a few other stashes and throw some other nice(r) things in (I think I have ~15 harpoonist skillers, and since I'll never need more than 10... etc.)

It'll take me a while to separate charms/items/etc. as you've asked, but that's certainly the least I can do. Expect an email in the next day or three or ten.

Edit: ... or... if you don't want to deal with that many items, let me know and I'll try to separate out the items that are actually "good". I've had a look through, and with ~10 Chance Guards, ~10 Bonehews, ~15 Duriel's Shells, etc, there's still going to be a lot.

Bob, whats your thoughts on someone both giving and recieving? I have some stuff that could help others, while still lacking in some key set/unique items. Is it GG to do both?

@sirpoops - I am in no position to limit your generosity, give what you feel you can. In the last two ACP's, there were 20 and 14 recipients, so keep that in mind.

@AA - GG.

I'll have to do some running to possibly gather more stuff, I sort of exhausted all of my stashes last year and have not recovered them. However, I'm in. I'll try to get a lot of pgems, they seem to be the most useful commodity in the SPTF.

Oh, and thank you Bob for hosting this. A_M would be proud!

EDIT: There was no table here... [/jedimindtrick]

Last edited:
Re: A Christmas Present 3 [Giveaway/Donation thread]

Very nice of you to take the effort of organizing this. Since i was already saving items for a giveaway, but never have the time to actually host one, i happily leave that up to you. I have a few questions though.

- In your post it states that all items should be 1.12a. I'm still playing 1.11. Would those items also be acceptable? If i'm not mistaken the only difference is that in 1.12 you don't actually need your cd-rom to play (i'm using an image, so i already didn't need a cd-rom, therefore no reason to upgrade). So imho that shouldn't make a difference. But it's your giveaway so i'll leave it up to you to decide.
- I made a tradeprofile to be able to donate in last year's giveaway. However i seem to remember some post that stated that everyone who wanted to trade needed to repost their profile. Since i don't trade i'm not 100% sure, but hopefully a mod or a frequent trader can clarify if i need to (re)post a tradeprofile.

Other then that i have just two more things to say.
First is: might i suggest a second table for the donors.
And secondly just to be clear: i'm only willing to donate diablo items. You're not getting any of my organs :badteeth: (just to be safe, i might need those)

@Cryax-
1.11b items will be fine, but they will be brought forward to 1.12a. I'll make a modification to the original post stating such.

Edit: oh, and regarding the profile, if you dontated last year no further action is required to qualify to donate this year.

[highlight]Donors[/highlight]
Code:
Bobthewarrior
sirpoopsalot
pancakeman
Cryax

[highlight]Recipients[/highlight]
Code:
Dlav                    [email protected]

This is such a great idea. I hope that I'll be in the position where I can donate come next Christmas. =D

Code:
Dlav                   [email protected]
LionheartOmnislash     arthurdasilva (at.) gmail (dot.) com

Just to be on the safe side i reposted my trade profile (hasn't changed since last year).
Also just sent my stashes. As stated in my mail, if there's anything left just throw it away. And please let me know when you received them so i can delete mine.
Also made a small modification in the table.

Code:
Forum Name              stash sent/received
Bobthewarrior
sirpoopsalot
pancakeman
Cryax                          sent

Code:
LionheartOmnislash      arthurdasilva (at.) gmail (dot.) com

Code:
Bobthewarrior
sirpoopsalot                   sent
pancakeman

Code:

Bob, you didn't specify where to put Gheed's charms, so I threw them in with the sets/uniques... anyways, zip file sent.

Hopefully more recipients sign up. I went through and tried to sort out and remove the more useless items, but I still had almost 1000 items total that are useful as twinking gear, for specific builds, or just generally good equipment. With only two recipients singed up so far, there'll be lots to go around.

Also, to entice potential receivers, I'll provide examples of some of the fairly nice items in there:

- 5-15 TC87's (a couple usable ones, including 1x IKSC)
- some popular grailers (hundreds of elite items, including many high TC items),
- 2 or 3 Harlequin Crests,
- MF gear (Gull, AliBaba's, Tarnhelms, etc.),
- Lots of MF, resists and +life charms,
- tons of merc gear (VampGaze, Shaftstop, Kelpie Snare, Reaper's Toll, Duriel's Shell, etc.)

... And lots more. There should be something that anyone not especially wealthy will appreciate.

Code:
Bobthewarrior
pancakeman

Code:
Jetman                      [email protected]

Thanks guys! What a cool idea! I have played bnet off/on (constantly having to start over) for years, but after reading on these forums a bit I decided to give SP a go. This will def help jump start my chars.

Thanks.

Code:
Bobthewarrior
pancakeman

Code:
Forum Name		 E-mail address
NacRuno                 nac.runo86[at]gmail[dot]com
Jetman                  [email protected]

I am in as receiver. Those items sirpoops has just posted are just too good to pass :yes:

I guess people are just reluctant to put their names up as needy. Come on, it is christmas, the more the merrier...

A question: Do the donors mind if the items are used for trade. Because if they do it is totally understandable imo.

Last edited:

Code:
Bobthewarrior
pancakeman
crazymatt1                     sent

Code:

I sent my stash and ATMA dump separately (sorry! lmk if you want me to zip and re-send). I really tried to go with quality over quantity this year, but still managed to send a nice, even 100 items.

I'll poke my head in again once the presents have been handed out. Nothing like the surprise of a random stash!

Code:
Bobthewarrior
pancakeman

Code:
Rummski                ejrpcs (at) gmail (dot) com

For now I'll just leech, but I'm putting together a stash of items to clear out and I'll update myself into the donors when it's ready.

Thanks.

Thanks all, glad to see we're getting some recipients. Otherwise, dlav was going to have one *heck* of a christmas.

@Nac - Recipients can use the items however they would like. This includes offering them for trade. Heck, I even considered creating a seperate thread in the SPTF for ACP gift swapping after the gifts are given. You know, a "Didn't get what you wanted? See if someone else did!" thread.

Just browsing through the two stashes I received, I can tell you that you will not be disappointed if you choose to receive some items. (Edit: I browsed yesterday afternoon sometime, so if you sent a stash later than that, I just haven't checked my e-mail yet. I'll update the sent/received table once I confirm your stash is on my HD.)

Also, I had one offer of a donor for Hardcore items. As stated in the original post, other mods/versions will be considered only if there is a co-host willing to accept stashes and make the handouts. Just letting everyone know there is some interest, but I'm unwilling to stretch myself that far.

Hi Bob! I've only introduced myself properly in this forum ~2 days ago or so, but I would like to donate some of my spare items. Is it possible? I'm not interested in trading but if the answer is yes and a Trader Profile is required I will post one and prepare the stash.

I would like to be both a donor and a reciever. I seem to recall participating in one of these a few years ago. It will take a little time to get myself organized.

Code:
Bobthewarrior
pancakeman

Code:
Rummski                 ejrpcs (at) gmail (dot) com
Jcakes                  jonathan (dot) milazzo (at) gmail (dot) com

I have added myself as a recipient - I don't have a lot to give atm.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High