Stone of Jordan

Re: Stone of Jordan

Starloader,

For those Andy NM runs, how are you doing each run so quickly (under 30 secs)? Does this include the save and exit of the game to respawn the map?

Thanks in advance,
NuLLeD

I used Silospen's Run Counter, so yes, save & exit is included. My map was not perfect, but I'd say it was ok. I did not play with -ns, however I did use windowed mode. It took me about 7-9sec to get from the point when I clicked 'Save and Exit' to the mainscreen button 'Singleplayer' ...

By that time I had ~450 MF and 105% FC, but my equipment was not thaaat good (still no 35FC Storm ...). 'Nary' was a single purpose Firesorc (ok I did some Pindleruns, too) without ES or maxblock (you don't need that in NM).
Runs were done at /p7-p8.

Here's a picture about the maps (lvl2 and 3) thatI used for all the runs:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3195/3007699587_820fb40dc0_o.jpg

If you get a better map and if you have a fast computer you can do runs around 20sec.

Even if she's surrounded, doesn't really matter, it's just NM, she's dead after 2-3sec anyways.

You don't need monoFire, it's just that if I do something like that it has to be perfect, my Blizzard sorc would have done the same job in maybe t + 1sec ...

Starting a new sorc for that purpose (acquiring a SoJ) is not what I'd call effective, unless maybe you rush her really fast ...

I've not found one either, although every time I see a gold ring drop I get excited (and then disappointed). I am in the process of matriarching (did I just create a verb?) a Meterorb sorc that will eventually run NM Andy to get one (read: future thread).

Good luck finding one!

Edit: Change "patriarch" to "matriarch". I get the sense that she is not confused. Thanks Mursilis for putting me on the correct usage path!

Last edited:

Nope never seen one, Iv seen all other rings drop but never soj, and I played this game for loooong time, I never searched for it tho (Andy runs).

Step 1) Get unique ring to drop

Step 2) ***** about another Manald/Nagel/etc

Step 3) Go to Cain and ask him "whats up with this Manald/Nagel/etc?"

Step 4) Profit

tbh, I've never got an item I've hunted for. Any time I try to run pindle for a WF or Meph for a Shako for example; it will never drop. The game thinks you know. It watches you sleep o.o

when i was creating my first mfer the first time i killed nm andy i got a unique ring. I ddnt think much of it until i identified it and it was a soj.

Wow so there are a lot of people out there just like me. I must say that I have never tried to find one, but I feel like I have found just about everything else in the game and it seemed strange that I had never found such a low lvl unique. Oh well...

I've found 4 in about a year and a half, only one from NM Andy (I was running her specifically for one). One from a random bug boss in the Maggot's Lair, one from Hell Meph, and just last week one dropped from Pindle. Unfortunately I lost the first two with an HD crash a while back, but two is all I really need.

Several runs on NM Andy will get you one if she's bugged, or if you play often enough one will probably pop up when you least expect it.

Got mine from The Summoner a couple of months back. It's on my Blizzard Sorceress now, but should I find another one, I wouldn't really know what to do with it. All my other characters are for too reliant on resistances or lifeleech to equip one.

If I'm not mistaken, it was far more useful in earlier versions, because it didn't have a clvl requirement? I might be wrong though...

I had never found one after a few years of playing. Eventually I restarted when I joined these forums and my first new character was a meteorber who I ran Andy in NM for a bit with for both levels and a SoJ. Found one in under 50 runs. I suspect that it was not Andy that dropped it though as it was far from where she died.

I am currently running AT for Tals armor and IKSC. As soon as I have the Tals I will be heading back to NM to run for Tals Ammy as I am missing that one too.

Never had a BKWB either.

I am currently running AT for Tals armor and IKSC. As soon as I have the Tals I will be heading back to NM to run for Tals Ammy as I am missing that one too.

Funny how things work - I have found two Tal Ammys but no SOJ, all while questing and not doing any dedicated MFing (which I also do).

Never had a BKWB either.
Ditto! For me the main intrigue (besides its uniqueness) is that its a spot to get +1 to skills that can only be done so by either a SOJ or BKWB.

BTW - it bothers me tremendously that BKWB isn't a SET item. Damn those Cathan's Seals and Angelic Halos!

Do the large multiple runs have to be done consecutively in one sitting? Or can I simply do smaller runs (e.g. 5x/sitting) that would add up over time?

-NuLLeD

no soj for me either, and i really think this is getting ridiculous. not that i need one, but one craves for what he/she doesn't have. one other curious thing about rings. played for a couple of years and didn't get a ravenfrost, which i thought was weird. than got one in nightmare a5 from an imp or something, got quite excited, for i was building a bowazon (as ever), and got another one half an hour later, from another imp... must admit i'm not the type that does runs in the thousands and i do not intend to.
anyway, gl with finding your soj, maybe you'll start a tournament for yhose of us who cannot count themselves among the lucky soj owners :)

I wouldn't run Andie for a SoJ because she can drop few useful items, and getting to her takes the same time as getting to meph which can drop better stuff. Better to run WSK, view it as an 85 area with icing on the cake ie Baal, and run it instead of pits. A strafer might be a good option if you have mad gear if not a Sorc is always a pleasure once you get her high enough. Don't use any physical damage char since the OK are a pain. I would probably be level 92 or 93 if not for all the times I 1 kick killed my assasin when the OK decided to cast IM in the middle of my kicks.

Pindle an LK are excellent options as well. My own SoJ which, regretably, I traded away, came from pindle. I havn't had time for much MF since then so I'm sure a Soj will come around eventually. If not some raw currency will drop from baal which will allow me to trade for a SoJ. Turn's out one would be benifical for my new MF char: a Cold Sorc

I have found one :p

in 1.01 classic, waaaaaaay back then ... never ever since

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High