12 Days of Christmas Tourney 2008 - Sign Up

maxicek

Guide Author
Aug 5, 2005
12 Days of Christmas Tourney 2008 - Sign Up

[highlight]On the twelfth day of Christmas, Diablo sent to me...[/highlight]

Well the US Presidential elections are over, Bonfire Night is a blackened mark on the back lawn, so, like the supermarkets, we can now turn our attention to the main event - Christmas.

But the good news is that The Tournament Of The Year 2007 is also back. Yes folks, pack that T-Gods, shine those perfect topazes and prepare for the Oblivion Knight baiting, magic finding frenzy that is the 12 Days of Christmas Tourney.

So what is it?
Essentially it is a set of twelve tasks based around this traditional English Christmas carol (more info here, if you really need it):

On the twelfth day of Christmas,
My true love sent to me
Twelve drummers drumming,
Eleven pipers piping,
Ten lords a-leaping,
Nine ladies dancing,
Eight maids a-milking,
Seven swans a-swimming,
Six geese a-laying,
Five golden rings,
Four calling birds,
Three French hens,
Two turtle doves,
And a partridge in a pear tree!

There are basically two types of task - find the monster and find the item. The quantity you have to find is based around the number of the day. If you still don't know what I am on about, take a look at last years thread. Scoring is based around how nasty the monsters are or how rare the items are.

New for 2008

[highlight]Prizes![/highlight]
The winner will receive a nice 'Call to Arms' runeword and the runner up a 'Death' Champion Axe courtesy of RibGriller. There may be a third prize too, but I need to work out something appropriate. Rules for receiving these prizes will be announced in a separate thread in the SPTF when the competition starts.

[highlight]Scoring re-balancing[/highlight]
When I worked out the scoring for the previous 12 Days Tournament, I didn't honestly expect people to get 8 unique monsters on the screen at the same time (*cough* Darkoooo *cough*). So I will be re-balancing the scoring a bit so that you can't amass a huge score on only two tasks, and to make some of the other tasks more worthwhile. I want everyone to complete as many tasks as possible.
I am also considering a bonus for anyone who completes tasks in Hardcore.

[highlight]New Tasks[/highlight]
I'm sure some of the old favourites (Gloams & OKs?) will make a return, but there will be more obscure items to find and different monsters to seek out.

Time frame
- Tournament starts as soon as the tasks have been posted. This will be mid November (as last year). Probably week starting 17th, assuming I finish working out the scoring in time.
- It finishes on the 12th Day of Christmas, Midnight on Saturday 5th January 2009.

Basic Rules
These are the provisional rules, final rules will be posted when I post details of the tasks.
1. Any new or existing character can compete. Any version, any difficulty, HC, SC, vanilla, RRM, RWM. (accepted SPF mods only). You can compete using as many different characters as you like.
2. All pictures / items must be taken / found within the tournament period.
3. Items found / pictures taken whilst playing in other Tourneys may be used.
4. Items found / pictures taken whilst MPing do not count.
5. Tasks may be completed at any difficulty setting, but most of the picture tasks score higher in Hell.
6. You must complete a minimum of three tasks to qualify. Note that last years win came down to finding one charm in the end and all tasks were completed by the top three competitors.
7. Rules for elegibility of claiming prizes to be announced in the SPTF. All prize giving / taking will be conducted under SPTF rules.

How do I register?
Just add your name to the code box below if you will be joining in and I will add you to the score table when I create the tasks thread. This is not compulsory as the tourney is open to anyone joining all the way through, but items found / screenshots taken will only count after you have signed up.

The all important Tourney Table

Code:
<your forum name here>

The Small Print
By entering this tourney I agree to comply honourably with the tourney rules. I will not hold the tourney host (maxicek) responsible for any personal trauma, repetitive strain injury or the death of any Hardcore characters that may result in my attempts to finish the tasks.

Re: The all important Tourney Table

Code:
<your forum name here>
sequana

You know I'm in :).

I hope I won't have any personal trauma though :grin:.

Code:
<your forum name here>
sequana
wwzerozeroone
Antonio

I didn't take part in this tourney last years, so I can't miss out again this year :yes:

Code:
<your forum name here>
sequana
wwzerozeroone
Antonio
Raskah

I had lots of fun with this tourney last year! I'm in! And I also need to defend my champion title :smug:

Code:
<your forum name here>
sequana
wwzerozeroone
Antonio
Raskah
bassano

time to die :D

Code:
<your forum name here>
sequana
wwzerozeroone
Antonio
Raskah
bassano
purplelocust
Caly

Ooooh, mememe! Pick me!

lol, purplelocust, those screenshots are awesome.

Code:
<your forum name here>
sequana
wwzerozeroone
Antonio
Raskah
bassano
purplelocust
Caly
buraz

*looks at previous years thread* :D
I don`t belive it.. I have to be part of something so crazy :crazyeyes:

Code:
<your forum name here>
sequana
wwzerozeroone
Antonio
Raskah
bassano
purplelocust
Caly
buraz
ironbarb

Why must there be tournaments?! I can't resist any though I always find out that I have no time whatsoever. AAAHHH

Code:
<your forum name here>
sequana
wwzerozeroone
Antonio
Raskah
bassano
purplelocust
Caly
buraz
ironbarb
Darkoooo

Hell yea :nod:

Re: 12 Days of Christmas Tourney 2008 - Sign Up

Code:
<your forum name here>
sequana
wwzerozeroone
Antonio
Raskah
bassano
purplelocust
Caly
buraz
ironbarb
Darkoooo
Polydegmon

About rule 1: does it mean that we enter once, but can use different characters for different tasks; or does it mean that we can enter multiple times, but for each entry we have to use the same character for all tasks (similar to the lvl 85 area tourney)? I suspect the first, but just thought I should ask.

Code:
<your forum name here>
sequana
wwzerozeroone
Antonio
Raskah
bassano
purplelocust
Caly
buraz
ironbarb
Darkoooo
Polydegmon
Jason Maher

I'm definitely in. Finish exams in a week, then 3 months of nothing (well work, but that doesn't count).

Welcome aboard everyone :)
I just about have all the tasks sorted now, I think you will enjoy them.

@Polydegmon: You can use different characters. I think it will be very difficult to complete all the tasks otherwise, but is definitely possible.

Code:
<your forum name here>
sequana
wwzerozeroone
Antonio
Raskah
bassano
purplelocust
Caly
buraz
ironbarb
Darkoooo
Polydegmon
Jason Maher
crazymatt1

Although I missed last year, I had loads of fun in the 2006 version! I'm in for the fun (and the CtA will be a nice bonus!)

Code:
<your forum name here>
sequana
wwzerozeroone
Antonio
Raskah
bassano
purplelocust
Caly
buraz
ironbarb
Darkoooo
Polydegmon
Jason Maher
crazymatt1
LionheartOmnislash

Looks like loads of fun. Can't wait to start =D

Code:
<your forum name here>
sequana
wwzerozeroone
Antonio
Raskah
bassano
purplelocust
Caly
buraz
ironbarb
Darkoooo
Polydegmon
Jason Maher
crazymatt1
LionheartOmnislash
Hoop76

I haven't played hardly at all lately. I will give it a try. Maybe this will help get some interest back for me.

Code:
<your forum name here>
sequana
wwzerozeroone
Antonio
Raskah
bassano
purplelocust
Caly
buraz
ironbarb
Darkoooo
Polydegmon
Jason Maher
crazymatt1
LionheartOmnislash
Hoop76
Chymaera

I'll play. When do we start?

Time frame
- Tournament starts as soon as the tasks have been posted. This will be mid November (as last year). Probably week starting 17th, assuming I finish working out the scoring in time.
- It finishes on the 12th Day of Christmas, Midnight on Saturday 5th January 2009.

:wink:

I think I am just about finished, so I will be posting the tasks on Monday (one week today), assuming I get a chance to get on the forums.

Looks like we have quite a crowd this year, hopefully everyone will get as many tasks done as possible.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High