Ubersmiter - Offensive or Pcombat GCs?

Jack Carael

Sep 23, 2008
Ubersmiter - Offensive or Pcombat GCs?

Hello everyone,

I've checked plenty of guides, but I haven't found one that answered this question: Should I go for Paladin Combat skillers or Offensive Auras skillers? Apparently the answer is too obvious to mention, but seeing as this is my first serious Paladin.. You get the point.
I'm guessing Offensive Auras, but I'd like to confirm this.

I'm sorry in advance if there's a thread or guide I've overlooked.

An answer is much, much appreciated!

-Jack

Re: Ubersmiter - Offensive or Pcombat GCs?

Paladin Combat Skills grand charms should be more damaging than Paladin Offensive Auras grand charms as far as Smite is concerned. Extra points in Holy Shield + Smite should > extra points in Fanaticism only.

answer: neither.

Pcombs adds 15% to base smite and 6% max synergised zeal damage. Ie if you're weapon does 200 damage, it adds 12 to your total damage, and if your shield does 100 smite damage, it adds 15.

Offensive adds very little to both damage too. An extra 18% each from fanat

Therefore conclusion: Offensive better for damage but Pcomb is least cost effective. Still neither adds too much. The reason is that these skills have poor or no synergies ans so +1 skill means very little.

You're better off using resist or life charms. They will add much more to your character (especially with CTA/BO)

Yeah, neither are the best when it comes to Ubers. You're better off using life/resist charms, mainly because of Uber Mephisto.

But, if you somehow manage to max and stack your resists and insist on increasing your Smite damage, I maintain that Paladin Combat Skills grand charm > Paladin Offensive Auras grand charm.

Why Paladin Combat Skills? Because of Holy Shield. The +damage bonus from it will be amplified by your maxed out Fanaticism, thus causing it to deal more damage in addition to the bonus to the +1 to Smite. You're building a Uber smiter, so you're bound to have at least 1 point in Holy Shield. (Which Paladin doesn't use Holy Shield anyway?)

If you're looking to boost your Zeal damage, neither charms will do anything good. You're better off with +max damage/AR charms for that.

That said, a Paladin Combat Skills grand charm is costlier than an Offensive Auras one. For that reason alone, I'd rather purchase a Grief phase blade than to get a couple of Paladin Combat Skills grand charms, which will see an insane increase in Smite damage.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High