Introduction - Stevieb

Stevieb

May 16, 2008
Introduction - Stevieb

Since ive been viewing this forum for along time now but only just started posting i figured a introduction (more like a life story) is in order.

Well im 20 years old from the UK.

For people who dont want to read all this boring part, just skip to the end

BORING PART STARTS

I started my gaming life on the playstation 1 where i turned into an RPG fanboy on such games as Final Fantasy, Suikoden, Grandia, Breath of Fire and the Chrono Series. i found a game called Diablo which looked pretty good, it turned out to be very good. I had to buy a set of 3 memory cards, one for each character, those saves were fricking huge for the day.

A few years after getting my playstation i finally got a PC and what happend next is something im really not proud of. A friend pretty much forced me to play runescape which makes no sense today looking at my gaming history.

I found out shortly after that diablo 2 had already been out for while, just reading that caused me to bounce off the walls. The same day, without looking at any trailers or screenshots i went out and got diablo 2 and quit runescape.

I spent a few years playing a mix of SP and B.net when some one on B.net told me of a game thats coming out called Guild Wars which was like a Diablo just more MMO style. It didnt take long for me to notice the likenesses. Guild Wars kept me playing for a few years while the whole time i was playing SP on Diablo.

Not long ago i was backing up my characters when i was struck by a confusing state of panic, all my characters were gone. I cant remember how many of them i had but it was every cookie cutter plus a few of my own.

After avoiding Diablo for a some time, I found out that Diablo 3 was coming which caused the same reaction as everyone else had and after spending 20 minutes drooling over the gameplay vid i knew i couldnt say goodbye to Diablo 2 as it was.

So im back, i joined this forum, installed RRM/RWM and ATMA. Hopefully i can give Diablo 2 a grand send off it truly deserves.

I also enjoy taking trips to where i started with my psp playing all the RPGs i fell in love with.

BORING PART END

I'm so shocked by the community you guys have here compared to B.net that i hate myself for just viewing for so long when i could of been a part of it and hopfully i can do so now. Im looking forward to getting to know you all and even playing with some of you

I hope I have not bored any of you too much, for those who read the boring part

Take care, Stevie

Re: Introduction - Stevieb

Welcome aboard, old chap.

Always good to have another British fellow about to keep these dashed colonials in check, what!

/kicks shins and runs away puffing on pipe

Welcome to the forums and enjoy the rest of the D2 days among this great gaming community until D3 comes and hopefully sweeps the gaming world just like it's predecessors!

Good to have you here.

Hope to MP with you on Hamachi soon perhaps.

Hi there! (quote stolen from baltha:scared:)

Welcome to the SPF, enjoy your staying here :)

*warning for commercial contence
I hope to see you in the SPTF to

Welcome to the SPF!

As a long-time lurker you probably know your way round: check the stickies...watch out for your shins...be nice to the EUs...and so on :grin:

btw: Nice story there! I didn't find it boring at all - it very much reminded me of my connection to the game: "What? Diablo 2 is coming? *preorder English version without consulting any magazines/gameplay videos etc first*"

Enjoy your stay and check out the tournaments! I bet you'll like them!
See you around!:wave:

Thanks for the welcome guys.

I didnt put on my skin guards because it seemed like a rite of passage but it still hurt non the less :weep:

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High