Merc question

Alucard Th

Jul 23, 2008
Merc question

Ok so i'm doing a lot of chaos sanctuary runs with my javazon and there's always the problem with the merc getting killed with IM.

So my question is, if i equip him with a shaftstop will he recieve less damage from IM ? If he's not getting one-shot killed by IM then i will have time to tp back to town and remove it

Re: Merc question

Yes, using shafttop with a low damage polearm is a popular option. throw in a eth. vamp gaze and you'll have the most dr you can having.
Often a smart equipped merc can survive two to three hits. However, it still isn't perfect. If you ever plan on remaking, consider going for some sort of hybrid that utilises an act 1 faith merc. They are about as powerful while not being bothered by IM - so in the end, they aren't slower because they don't have to resurrect their merc/go to town/teleport away/...

Actually i've gotten myself an act1 merc on my Wind druid to get rid of the IM hassle and equipped with a wrath bow and plenty of ias so she can spam decrepify for me. I have to say i'm pretty happy with this setup:)

However on my Java i do need the act2 merc to hold the infinity , so i'm gonna have to equip him with some dr % i guess . Also his high physical dmg helps against immunities that cannot be broken.

I made my infinity in a scythe for my light sorc and her merc can definitely survive 3-4 hits with IM. That almost always gives me long enough to teleport away. That does make things a little harder for me against light immunes but CB usually works for that.

Since you're a zon, you can get yourself an ammy or switch weapon with teleport to control your merc.

You can also use decoy (if you've got points in it) to draw curses. Place the decoy close to the Oblivion Knights and they should focus on the decoy and ignore your merc. Teleport is very handy if you have it too.

When I was running WSK with my LF/FA 'zon, I eventually learned that the more I used decoy, the better/faster my runs went.

Well i bought an Etherial shaft for him , that should allow one more hit. I might also get an etherial gaze too.

I do have teleport but even with 60% fcr on my ama , the casting speed is still slow and then there's the D/A/E bug which doesnt let me teleport when i'm being attacked :)

I dont see me spending points into decoy, i want to max my 5th synergy sometime , as im usually doing runs in public games

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High