How much is duped?

shjex

Oct 20, 2008
How much is duped?

Hey.

I heard all this talk about duped runes but never actually experienced it (that I'm aware of) until yesterday. I traded 2 Ists for a Lo. Today the Lo was gone and instead there was a Tir in my inventory.

Is there no way of knowing if runes are legit? How common is this? If I can't trade with runes, this game is pretty much over for me. I'm not a rich player and 2 Ists is a lot for me to lose like that.

I admit feeling a bit naiv at the moment...

I know there shouldn't be any talk about hacks, etc here. But I hope it's ok with questions like this.

Edit: Should say I play ladder.

Re: How much is duped?

I'm sure he didn't switch the Lo before trade. I met other players who tried that scam before.
The thing is that I always keep the valuable runes in the same place in my inventory. And today I found the Tir where I put the Lo. So I can't see any other explanation. I always sort my items and try to avoid a messy chest.

About the solutions:
1) Have no clue what you are talking about. :dontknow:

2) I'll try to use the runes asap. But it's hard when I need three hr's to make Pride though. I thought Lo would be the first of those three. But back to square one instead.

Thx for the info!

Edit: I understand if this post is confusing. I replied a post that seems to be deleted?

The only way to know if something is legit is if you've found/cubed it yourself.

High runes are commonly duped (which is also why you can get a lo for a mere 2 ist). You can pretty much assume that any high rune is duped (unless selffound).

So try to avoid trading for high runes. If you want to make a runeword with high runes in it get the socketable item first and put the high rune in immediatly after trading (much better chance of keeping it that way).

The only way to know if something is legit is if you've found/cubed it yourself.

High runes are commonly duped (which is also why you can get a lo for a mere 2 ist). You can pretty much assume that any high rune is duped (unless selffound).

So try to avoid trading for high runes. If you want to make a runeword with high runes in it get the socketable item first and put the high rune in immediatly after trading (much better chance of keeping it that way).

Never realized it was that common. Too bad I had to learn the hard way. I'll make sure to use the higher runes right away. Thx.

Is this true for the Ladder as well?

And is it safe to assume that members on the trade forums don't deal in duped items?

Hi,

If it is a high rune (vex or higher) it is a dupe...., ok it might not be...but then again you might win the lottery :).

*swt41

i experienced it once myself...
I have 2HRs with me which my friend had traded...
The following day, when i wanted to transfer the 2HRs to my friend, one of it was gone...
My friend thought i was cracking a joke on him but i said it's really not in my inventory anymore... but then luckily out of these 2HRs, one of them is still intact...

Hey.

I heard all this talk about duped runes but never actually experienced it (that I'm aware of) until yesterday. I traded 2 Ists for a Lo. Today the Lo was gone and instead there was a Tir in my inventory.

Is there no way of knowing if runes are legit? How common is this? If I can't trade with runes, this game is pretty much over for me. I'm not a rich player and 2 Ists is a lot for me to lose like that.

I admit feeling a bit naiv at the moment...

I know there shouldn't be any talk about hacks, etc here. But I hope it's ok with questions like this.

Edit: Should say I play ladder.
Doesn't sound like it poofed. Actually it sounds like a trade scam. Poofed runes vanish; they don't turn into other runes. Did you check the Lo in your inventory after the trade making sure that it wasn't a Tir then? And if so, are you sure you didn't later pick up a Tir somewhere and forget about it?

When trading, always check the item before clicking the button and whenever possible, let the other person click "accept trade" first. If you see the "accept trade" button turn red for a moment, it means they moved an item in their inventory which could be a sign of switching the item for something else. Re-check all the items if that happens before you accept.

As for runes poofing, I always keep high runes on a separate mule that I NEVER take into public games. Duped items poof when they come into contact with (i.e. come into the same game as) another duped item from the same original item (i.e. two bers that came from the same original rune). Therefore, if the rune never comes into possible contact with other HRs of the same kind, it should never poof. I'm pretty sure duped runes socketed in items will not poof since my enigma, grief, and CTA have all been in plenty of public (duel) games and none of them poofed yet. So keep your HRs isolated and/or use them as soon as possible.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High