Solo Frenzy Barb for ubbers

Shocker

Sep 26, 2008
Solo Frenzy Barb for ubbers

Hello all,

I started playing diablo for the very first time 4 months ago (I'm a late comer to the series and the addiction is fresh). As a green horn i'll tell you right now that I don't know most of the acronyms in the game or rune words by heart. The only ones I have memorized are the ones I've used and the one I hear so much about (enigma).

Anywho, this is about tips on soloing ubber tristram with a frenzy barb

My gear is
arreats helm - i put a str gem in..cuz at the time i needed it
two grief pb's,
fortitude using sacred armor - it looks very cool if but has 232 str req
high lords amulet,
a frost raven (i read a guide that sed to use this ring),
manald ring, need the mana leech
gore riders (ppl tell me they're perfect gore riders?),
draculs glove,
ik belt, i need the strength

my attack rating is around 6.6k (which sucks i hear)
life after battle orders is around 3.7k
i don't know my stat distribution off the top of my head but most of it went to vitality (read a guide that sed to do it)

ubber diablo and ubber baal were fairly easy as I could takem both at the same time, so I'll discuss ubber meph as he seems to be the tricky one.

First thing about fighting him is that triggering life tap is an absolute must. Without you'll be chugging down potions and die fairly fast unless you've stocked up on rejuvs.

To trigger life tap, the easiest way to do it is to hit one of his minions that spawn near him as you have a very high chance of hitting them and there are several of them. That is I advocate allowing his minions to come at you and this is key to beating him.

Due to my crappy attack rating I have trouble landing blows on mephisto, but his minions are another story and are very easy to hit. They are the reason it's easy to trigger life tap and they are also the reason it's easy to get life back. Frenzy will hit two people if they are near you (is what i've noticed). So once life tap is triggered, the first blow can be on mephy which may or may not connect and the next blow is against a minion which is very very likely to connect filling up your life meter instantly (grief does alot of damage, half of it coming back through life tap is very useful).

Basically the idea is to just mash away at both him and his minions. Though if you miss a few attacks of frenzy back to back odds are you're going to die~

Another thing I noticed was that right clicking and holding down frenzy gives it less chance to hit than repeatedly right clicking on the target. Might just be my imagination but this is the behaviour i noticed.

with this method I've been able to bring meph down from full hp down to 50% hp before i missed a few frenzy swings and died. In another game where I had an hdin friend help me out, my friend died at the last 25% hp of mephy's life and i managed to finish him off just swinging like crazy.

Haven't gone the full 100% against mephy yet but I think a belt full of full rejuvs it might be possible.

Re: Solo Frenzy Barb for ubbers

you look kind of miss placd in a few areas of gear, ill tell ya my uber setup, i can fininsh ubers in about 10-15 minutes
Arreat's um'ed~~45 rez yers works but hel it and get an um in there
Chains of Honor-balrog skin~~200% dmg to demons 65rez this armor is a must-ard
Laying of Hands~~350% dmg to demons
Ang ammy/Ang ring~!~!~! AR and hits are king with out this you will fail, with a Ph and silent J with out high ar you will not deliver enugh hits to rackup dmg and life return
Raven~~ is a must, when frozen you drop in speed which means you drop in dmg
EBotD Demmentional Blade~~offers higher dmg than BotDpb and provides plenty of ML
Lastwish, Pb~~ gives me tap, fade, 60-70Cb mine is 70 and might(will descuse merc)
T-gods~~ with my charms and tgods i have 85 light rez with 20 sorb makes meph a kitten
Gores
you got the right idea but the less you hit the minions and the more you hit meph the quicker he dies, upp yer ar up yer dmg to demons, kill the boss howl away the minions

oops edit for merc
Blessed aim merc
he used efort
Tombreaver(LoLoLo)
Guilles
with this set up with out demon limbs chant i have about 25k ar

I understand the angelic ring, but why the ammy? I looked at it on arreat summit
20% Damage Taken Goes to Mana
+3 To Light Radius
+75 Life (2 Set Items)
+1 To All Skills (3 Set Items)
doesn't seem very useful

I tried tgods at first while doing a hell cows but had a very serious problem where everynow and than I would cast some kind of spell and while doing so I get hit hard.

The 6r cost of last wish leaves it outta my reach but the other gear I can definitely consider.

I'll definitely look into that laying of the hands glove though I'm worried about what would happen without life tap by giving up the draculs (it's saved me so many times )

would keeping a decrep charge wand on the switch be useful?

btw whats a silent j?

ok first of all keep tap, even if you cant get a Lw (lastwish) i understand its expensive but one of thuse griefs will help alot in tradeing for it, i think its well worth it as an off hand weapon, i use BotD but grief is perfectly fine, tho it lacks leech and stats boost.

ya t-gods casts fist of the heavens, basicly a just for show chance to cast skill

Your looking for the ring and ammy combo, at hier lvls it offeres 1000plus ar wich is multiplyed very significantly, plus the 20% dtm helps keep your mana full up

if you cant get Lw keep dracs, the open wounds will help as well

Decrep might help to take less dmg before tap procs, DECREP WILL CANCEL OUT TAP and vice versa the focus is to have tap go off asap

The phailj is kind of an inside joke that i have made a bad habit in to adding in to regualr speech my bad Fail with a Ph and a silent J

Shocker,
you will probably come to the conclusion that you will need to remake your Barby. You have allocated too many points to strength, in fact your whole build is compromised by your sacred armor. The extra points you spent on strength (including your Helm) have cost you hundreds of points in vita and something useful like resists or crushing blow. I like a minimum of 4k health and 4.5k is even better.

Use a demon limb to enchant - this will raise your AR over 10k at least.

IMO, I would sell the low damage grief for 2ist (plus maybe um?), buy an azure PB for pul, save the extra Ist pul for your future Last Wish pb. A last wish will solve a lot of your problems. You should be able to trade for a LWPB with 5 ist.

I don't think you will notice a difference in killing speed with the Azure, and with the sanctuary it will help you significantly in Utrist.

well are you on ladder or nonladder, this factor will greatly determine the expense of LW and worth of yer grief's

I suggest keeping the 2x grief over grief/azure, i tryed it and wasn't impressed

i am only walking in trist with 3.5k with bo
The sanc aura will only add dmg to the skels and vampires and ghosts, if you howl them away constantly you will not have a use for sanc

Keeping 2 griefs doesn't get him a LW. Do you know of a better wep that can be bought for pul? I have solo'd trist many times with grief/azure and the difference is barely noticeable and for many it is preferable to howling while your life bulb is precariously hanging by a thread.
3.5 k life after BO? Now I can maybe understand see why you need higher resists (Thundergod) over damage reduce. 3.5 life is a scary ride on the life bulb roller coaster...

my str, dex, vit, and energy before gear and inventory
after gear and inventory - allows me to bearly put on the fort

is the str really too high?

last wish seems very much out of reach and yep i'm on ladder. I'll definitely try to get last wish over time but in the mean time i need the duel griefs or i wont even be able to handle hell cows.

If i can just get my attack rating high enough to land more hits on mephy i'd be set i think. I'll take a look into that demon limb thing.

would a ring with prevent monster heal prevent mephisto from recovering health if i leave him and go to town to get more pots?

And I'm pricing HR's at today's rates for USwest ladder. 2ist per HR. I bought my LWPB for 2.5 HR's when HR's were 4-5 Ist. 12 Ist for a 383 67 cb. Same price today would be 5-6 Ist.

Every pt in vita gives 4 life. You could have saved 80-90 pts from strength and put in vita. Archon Plates only have a strength requirement of 103. The defence averages a bit less than Sacred, but it also weighs less and you can walk and run faster.

Demon Limb is pretty cheap, got mine for a few p-gems, it's expensive to renew charges though in regards to gold(like 10k per charge). LW imo is one of the best weapons for ubers. Fade/LT ctc, has prevent monster heal, as well as it's large Crushing Blow amount, a 70% good roll would be very helpful. But Dracul's also has open wounds to lower your monster heal, sadly the ITD on LW doesn't seem to affect the ubers.

Fully buffed I get 12k AR w/o my BA merc. With him, about 18k, but with demon limb, metal grid, ar charms etc gives me enough to tackle any of them.

I just did my first solo uber run and dealt with all 6 bosses quite handily, probably not smiter efficient, but greatly better than my ribcracker druid did. Only used a total of 4 full rejuv pots for it all, poor merc died a few times though, most of my gold expenses was reviving him and the eventual repair bills.

Finally Did it !!! :alright:

So I managed to solo ubber trist with my barb! :cloud9:

involved some change of gear, I used

dual grief phase blades,
sacred fortitude armor, arreats helm with a perf amythest gem
perfect gore riders , draculs glove
thunder god belt,
high lords ammy, frost raven ring, wisp protector ring
dual +3 war cry swords on the switch,
a wand with 92 lvl 2 life tap charges in my invent
12 full rejuvs in my belt

after bo
3648 hp
12.7k defense rating
6.5k frenzy attack rating

so the strat went something like this~
went to the cold plains to charge up my skill, battle orders, and that shout that raises defence. Changed items so the wand was on the switch. I got into ubber trist with my oak sage (from the wisp protector which put me at a good 4.2k health and a merc who boosted my attack rating. Both died hella fast after i lured out mephisto. *personally i think the oak sage was a joke by blizzard, that thing keeps trying to get itself killed*

so after running around the perimeter of trist, i switched to the wand and threw a life tap charge at mephy and charged him and frenzied. It was scary how many swings i missed, and my life meter keeps bouncin off what looked like zero. I used up all my full rejuvs and managed to kill him as i used up my last 1. After that I went to town, got a bunch of hp potions and killed diablo easily, than i did baal who was unusually hard. He had all these phys immunes keep popping up that i needed to howl away. Had to go back and switch gear to put on an atmas scarab to amplify damage.

In the end killed him as well, switched to my ik barb, came in and picked up the torch which happened to be a +3 skill, 17 attrib,15 resist sorc torch.

It looks like it's definitely possible to do solo barb with dual griefs, but it's just dangerous as hell.

yes it is, kudos. im currently building my concer back from the graves to take on ubers, i heard he has several advantages over frenziers in trist

I solo'd Ubers this morning for the first time this season as well, also with a Frenzier/Singer. I have a similar setup to Kordova. It's a pretty expensive setup and, especially since I'm playing HC, has taken a LONG time to accumulate. Found it to be pretty effective this morning as I had to take on all three Trist Ubers at once since I failed in getting Meph to spawn solo.

EbotdCB (primary)
LWPB
Arreat's (open socket)
CoH Archon Plate
LoH
TGod's
Gores
Dwarf Star
Raven Frost (20 dex/200+ AR)
Highlord's

Self-buffed to 5.5K life.

My merc gear, at least for Uber Trist, ended up being pretty inconsequential since I usually just let him die. I don't have a ton of Uber experience but I've found that, at least for me, it's not worth the many needed trips to go revive my merc (nor the pots it would take). My merc has a pretty uber setup but he still dies a lot, even at lvl 88, in Uber trist. He does fine against the mini's (except Lilith).

Takes me a while. I spent total time of well over an hour soloing all three mini-ubers and then Uber Trist.

Got a 12/20 Pally Torch tho. :)

uhg no one does ok aginst lilith, she is a thorn in my side i can be surrounded by udurial and minnions and by uazual and minnions and do just fine..i gotta lure out lilly and kill her seperate...even when tapped, its rediculous

Tried again, trapped mephy inside a house and took him down unusually fast, only needed to use 3 rejuvs against him this time. Now usin an annilus~

Made my 2nd go at Ubers this morning. Went much easier than yesterday, got Mephi to spawn solo. After finishing him off got Baal & Diablo to spawn in between the two houses just below the red portal. Nice thing about that is the minions spawn in the two houses on either side so I hardly even needed to howl to finish those two. Got a middlin' Druid torch.

in solo games, using amplify damage (no lifetap), i kill diablo/meph in roughly 5-10 secs and baal in 10-15 using this setup:

beastz
deathz
coh ds
guillaumes (ed/ias)
laying of hands
tgods (meph) / nosferatu's coil (diablo/baal)
gores
2x ravens
highlords
AR charms, 1x res gc, 2x res scs
anni/torch
switch: gavel of pain to cast amp
prebuff: treachery for fade, demonlimb for AR, and some bo stuff

they dont last much longer with lifetap when i feel like using it/am drunk, the only thing i change then is the gavel for a lifetap wand... which i casually recast when needed (something id like to see a smiter do!).

my 2 cents:

1. weapon speed and more weapon speed.

2. AR and more AR.

3. crushing blow and more crushing blow.

4. res/absorb and more res/absorb.

i completly agree, exept for weapons(hisss axes hissss) i never even thaught of casting amp instead of tap, and switching out arreats for guilles it will provide much much more hp destroying power, since my Beeeeefy merc i dont have a problem with ar ne more, and i dont even use demon limb, hell while im at it i might switch out angring/ammy for a Dual leach/120AR/DEX + other goodies ring and hi-lords. all things considered with fade, um in guilles,Coh and most of my charms have some type of 14-20% rez on them and i have a few shimmering sc's i should be gravy on my rez, plus the 35% light from hi-lords... ooo my fingers are tingling just thinking about it....BTW i just switched out my EbotdDemblade/LWpb for a ebotdCb/LWcb

but wait

i need to get rid of my newly aquired Lwcb...what shall i replace it with...drawling board here i come!!!!

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High