hybrid of pure fire auradin?

ChinoXL

May 18, 2008
hybrid of pure fire auradin?

Hey guys I've been doing a lot of research and I mean a lot~!!
people have been arguing for both hybrid auradins and pure fire auradins and I'm still quite not sure which one is overall better .. better in terms of pvp and pvm (overall). I am about to build one but I'm stuck debating which one I should make - can everyone list pros and cons for me since I can't seem to come to a conclusion + if i can solo with it doing uber runs since I heard yes and no in various guides that conflict with each other... another question that comes into play is what MERC should I use? I honestly wanted to use a auradin merc because I thought it would be cool but everyone said it's a waste of high runes due to the little damage -__- Please give me some insight so I can finally make up my fickle mind - thanks guys!

Re: hybrid of pure fire auradin?

I have a shock/fire auradin with dream/dragon.

I run lvl 25 conviction myself. I can mow through most everything, but haven't tried ubers yet.

The nice thing about the build is that you can kill pretty much anything b/c of breaking immunes. The drag is that it takes longer to kill stuff than the grief-equipped zealot.

The nice thing about the gear is that the curses work great when you are on your own. Confuse triggers all the time and makes it easier killing things when you get to them. The drag about the gear is that the curses suck when you are playing with someone who can cast good curses or when you want life tap. Only one curse can be active at a time, so you end up canceling out the better curse.

I tried running a freeze zealot with the above gear and infinity on the merc, but it was a hassle trying to keep him close enough to get conviction going on the monsters I was attacking. Follow-the-merc got boring so I ended up deleting the char.

Best thing to do is probably run 1 element on gear and save the 20 pts for the other element if things don't work out.

i'm gearing towards the hybrid as of now - i realized a lot of my research is outdated (lots of entries from 05-present) mainly 2 years ago so i don't know is torchadins outdated?

Yeah. Holy fire is kind of a sucky aura. Does much less damage than dreams.

Auradin merc would suck, snce the auras would be unsynergized. Try a might/holy freeze merc instead

I've been watchin videos and I've seen paladins killing hell cows in a pulse or 2 is it possible? i seen an all fire one and i think his helm has 3 jewels (not sure which) - then i saw a dream one by the same guy - it took a little longer (5 pulses)

It can depend on so much. Difficulty, etc. I'm pretty sure dreams would kll in less pulses, although dragon torso and HoJ could be good to increase the minimum damage.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High