The Noodle Compound V. 2.0

Re: Red Alert! (Spring/Summer OT Thread)

erhm...just wondering...
since it's the Spring/Summer thread and it's autumn..

what about Autumn/Winter OT thread soon and we shall become depressed doom meral cultists ^^

I want *my computer. :(
Well, now I don't even have *a* computer.
Last night my laptop ****ed up again. Yes, that's right, after having it repaired for 3 weeks, it ****ed up after two days of minimal use.
It's back at Best Buy right now, the guy tells me that it's either a software problem, which if it is, can be fixed and I can pay them $200 for the service (because my $300 warranty doesn't cover it), or the problem is hardware (again) and I can wait yet another 2-6 weeks.

Before, they didn't exactly tell me what the problem was, the guy just said they replaced the motherboard, which I guess essentially means my entire computer was screwed up -_-
I don't want to jinx it or anything, but I actually think it's a simple software problem, probably something with the boot configuration. All that really needs to be done is a simple OS re-installation, which they are charging me $200 for. The guy just put the idea of a hardware problem in my head when he said "faulty hardrive".

Ugh..... either way, I'm without a laptop, yet again.
Funnily enough though, it's probably due to the 3 weeks without it, but not having a laptop feels normal at this point, and when I did have it for those 2 days, it felt more like a privilege than anything. Kinda like, "hey play with this cool electronic toy for a couple days."

:wave: from the other side of the country.

Have I mentioned that I don't like big cities? I was going to say just Chicago, but it applies to all of them.

/wave.

Come around in January - Feburary. :whistling:

Couldn't you just reinstall the OS yourself?

I saw a computer I would like to get yesterday, but the problem is it has Vista on it. I want XP. If I can find that I could install it myself and have a computer that's much better than the one that's packed in the back of a truck at the moment.
/wave.

Come around in January - Feburary. :whistling:
You must be out of your freakin' mind. No way in the world will I do that sort of traveling during the middle of winter.

The ONLY exception would be the ~20 miles south to meet with my youngest sisters' father so they can come visit for the weekend.

I talked with my mother last night for a few minutes, and it sounds like work is going to keep her away for nearly two more months..

Is 3.0.2 the patch they did this week?

Last edited:

I actually could have done this all myself, like the re-installation and stuff, cause that's stupid easy. The problem is, I don't have the OS disc with me, as it's back at home. The guy said that for me to buy the disc on my own, go home and just do everything on my own would cost $500....
I think you can downgrade for some laptops and computers. I dunno, cause I saw that option on some of the laptops I was looking at the other day.

The Scourge have arrived. Resistance is futile.

....BRRRRAAAIIIINNSSSS....must feed on ....BBRRRRRRAAAAAIIIINNNSSSS....

Apparently my apostrpe, backspace and te lett er next to g on te rit of it....

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High