Physical Immunies in Hell

quarky

Sep 19, 2008
Physical Immunies in Hell

Hello,

I have a level 69 summoner (fishymancer) in hell. I am surviving, but PI's just seem so damn hard to kill. I guess because my skellies are doing physical damage?

What is the best way to deal with PI's? Bone Sprit and ton's of mana promotions? Or is there a better way?

Cheers

Re: Physical Immunies in Hell

Mages are one option.

Second option would be one point in lower resist, and using that with CE.

Amplify damage. You can read the sticky in the src forum for understand broken immunities.

Thanks guys. Tried AD and LR with limited success. I guess these things just take longer :)

Thanks for the tip on the stickies. Will take a look.

Cheers

mentioned LR cause I was assuming that he was talking about unbreakable immunes.

Try a point on Fire Golem and tell me how much time you have saved, Quarky. Thank you.

Some monters (stone skin ghosts for instance) can't be broken by amp, but if you have enough mages, they will die soon enough. If you're very careful, you can use lr on the boss and CE all of the minions corpses to kill him too, but you have to be observant to notice this.

Cheers guys. Yep, have a fire golem, and think the guy in question had stone skin.

In terms of CE, I find I normally need the corpses to make skellies! Will give it another go tonight (or over the weekend) and see how I get on. Perhaps it just a question of leaving the PI's, and coming back to them when I have more skellies from other places.

Cheers

The bottom line is if you want to proceed in hell act 1 at the same killing speed you had in act 5 nightmare you need to have good gear and a few levels advantage on the monsters.

For a first attempt I'd always recommend max mages and a point in/or wand with lower resist.

The reason your skellies need to be resummoned is your relatively low level. I assume you have mastery and raise skeleton maxed, and when you've got about +10 to your summon tree from bonuses and hit the 70's you'll have a much easier time. I had a similar problem, and levelling solved it. Maybe some NM baal runs are in order?

How a summonancer kills PIs:

1. Cast amplify damage

If that doesn't work:

2. Cast corpse explosion

If that doesn't work:

3. Mages

If that doesn't work:

What? How weak are your mages?

I don't think I have any additional points in mages (although RS and SM are maxed).. Perhaps something to change :scratchchin:

Yes, I really recommend maxing mages

If you have infinity (which summonancers use even without mages), mages will start doing decent damage.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High