Medusazon equip questions...

droid

Aug 6, 2008
Medusazon equip questions...

Q1: Whats the best armor for an A1 cold merc used with a Medusazon (strafezon built around high +slow target, +blind, and +hit causes monster to flee)?

Ideally she's going to have Nightwings on her head and an Ice bow, but right now she has Harmony and a LL tiara (which I'll probably switch for a Tal's helm next time I think about it).

What would be the best armor to use? Fort for ED? She's an A1 merc so she's not tanking, my valk obviously is, and so she doesnt actually get hit a lot, but still needs some LL somewhere from her armor or helm till I can get an Ice, which will be a while...I'd like to switch her to Nightwings right now, though, to boost her cold arrows and so I can socket it with an IAS jewel or what have you, but that means I need LL from armor (and CoH is out of the question). Blood crafted armor? One of the excep or normal armors with LL? Or just stick with a LL helm+treachery till I get Ice?

Q2: Whats the best armor for the zon herself?

The guide suggests Rattlecage for 25% CB and 40% hit causes monster flee. HCMF and Blind override each other, though, so when I get a Silence bow with Blind +33, I'll be blinding everything and HCMF wont do me much good since it'll constantly get overridden...I have KB on gloves, anyway, to keep monsters back. Is Duress a better option? Sacrifice 10% CB, but you get OW (stacking with gore riders for both), better def, cold damage, FHR and a few points of resist. Or is there an even better option I havent thought of?

Re: Medusazon equip questions...

What about fort for yourself? True you sacrifice some extra crushing blow and open wounds, but you get lots of damage, which could help, especially if you are using silence which doesn't already have a lot of damage on it.

Medusazon is fairly cold-oriented. Not exclusively, sure, but enough so that I think bringing along a Cold Rogue isn't the best idea. That said, the melee mercs kinda defeat the purpose of Hit Blinds Target, so maybe a Fire rogue wielding a Kuko most of the time and a Wrath for act bosses? A Fire or Light A3 merc might also work, but they can't put nifty curses like Decripfy on your enemies.

I don't think Fort is a good idea, though. Your weapon isn't doing enough to seriously benefit from off-weapon ED I don't think. Duress I believe will be better. Gloom is an interesting possibility, and Dragon is a bit more expensive, but the Hydras might prove worthwhile (and the whole snake theme gets played up, too).

If using a silence bow completely, hcmtf isn't that necessary. Also, hcmtf will always be triggered when it triggers. It's the blind that will be overridden. You can try a mix, to make some run away and some stay blinded.

Duress is a good option. Damage over time is good to have if the enemies will be standing there doing nothing

Yeah I didnt see the point in fort for my zon herself, since the medusazon is built on debuffs, not direct damage....if one's going to use fort, you might as well go all the way down that path and just become a WF strafezon.

How is Medusazon cold-oriented? Slows Target by % isnt the same as cold. I actually dont have any cold on my zon except for Ravenfrost. I went with a cold arrow A1 merc because ultimately I want to use Ice for the Holy Freeze aura and essentially turn her into a ranged A2 merc, and stack the slow effects from cold, HF, and STB%, and since Ice comes with hefty bonuses for cold-damage skills as well, that made it pretty obvious which flavor of rogue to go with. And curses-on-striking dont do any good since they'll pretty much get written over right away with blind or flee.

You sure HCMTF always takes priority over blind? Is it just the order in which they're applied, or something? Since there's 25% HCMTF on Silence anyway, there'll be some mixed in regardless.

I think I pretty much convinced myself Duress was the way to go even as I was posting the original question, anyway, but I wanted to see if anyone else had any input to consider :)

There are cold variants of the Medusa, I made one back in 09'. The fun thing about one is it's tactics are backwards compared to an FA/strafer. You set up the enemies with strafe (blind), then finish them off with FA. I had an A3 cold merc att, he didn't do much, but he didn't die either. My big valk (lvl26) did the tanking.

I think Duress is a great call. Stone would work too. Gumby for extra slow, plus valk would be fun I think. How about a decrep merc? Reapers? Lawbringer?

I was under the impression that FA was *the* Medusazon skill. If that's not the way you're taking it, then by all means go with the Cold Rogue.

Meh, I just lost a large post :yuck: and I don't want to re-post it. Just look at the guides from Bubonous and Wmeredith. They won't stear you wrong :thumbup:. There are a lot of ways to play this build.

Wrath for act bosses? A Fire or Light A3 merc might also work, but they can't put nifty curses like Decripfy on your enemies.

I might be mistaken, but I used to use an A1 Merc with a Wind Druid and seem to recall that it's triggered when the Merc is hit. This may not be the best policy for a Bowazon, as the Merc will tend to avoid walking into bosses... At least as a Windy I could teleport on top of them and force it to trigger.

Arreat Summit says "on Striking," so maybe it was a bug?

would the clay golem poof if you took off the stone, or could you precast it in town? not sure how minion charges work, i know that CTC minion spells that you dont have is buggy

would the clay golem poof if you took off the stone, or could you precast it in town? not sure how minion charges work, i know that CTC minion spells that you dont have is buggy
Yes, it would pop, yes, minion CTCs are buggy, but no, minion Charges are generally* not buggy at all.

*I hear that IGs cast from charges don't stay between games.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High