Question about G Rushing & Uber Leveling

ZappaFan

Hardcore Moderator and America Trade Moderator
Jun 22, 2003
Question about G Rushing & Uber Leveling

I think the answer is an obvious one but I'm going to ask it.

When you G Rush & then Uber level a character to (say) 80 or whatever, aren't you still left with the chore of having to level your Merc to catch up with you - unless you're going to go mercless which for me would not be an option. So... it just seems to me that all that time you save rushing a character ends up being spent leveling the merc. How is that accomplished quickly? Is there a trick to that?

Re: Question about G Rushing & Uber Leveling

You can buy mercs up to your level-1.

Not if you want a Merc from Nightmare... or has that changed?

Its changed.

One thing is a bit buggy though, your NM Merc's wont start gaining life till certain level, but that's only if you buy them at like clvl 20 or whatever. If you level to 80, go to get a Merc, they will be like 75-79 in levels.

Leveling up a Merc from scratch does NOT make for a better Merc, the only difference in Merc's is Normal Merc have better stats the NM, and NM better then Hell.

After I've uber leveled a character to a high level can I go to Normal and buy a Merc that is (my level)-1?

A Normal Act II Merc when leveled to 80 will have 200 HP more than a Hell Act II Merc when leveled to 80 just as an example. All the other stats are fairly different, too. 8 more str/dex, for instance. I've always thought that to attain this difference you had to actually level the Normal Merc, rather than buy them.

Its changed.

One thing is a bit buggy though, your NM Merc's wont start gaining life till certain level, but that's only if you buy them at like clvl 20 or whatever. If you level to 80, go to get a Merc, they will be like 75-79 in levels.

Leveling up a Merc from scratch does NOT make for a better Merc, the only difference in Merc's is Normal Merc have better stats the NM, and NM better then Hell.

Well, I think it was the case in an earlier patch, but as of 1.12, actually leveling the Merc doesn't matter, just the difficulty he is purchased in.

Just play the game correctly Mr. Moderator Man :)

That is horrible advice!

*thinks about playing through game with a WolfBarb with normal attack till 79* *shudders*

That is horrible advice!

*thinks about playing through game with a WolfBarb with normal attack till 79* *shudders*

It's really not so terrible.

Typical wolfbarb maxes a mastery , maxes bo and shout and often one points that bezerk. (Sara's PVM wolfbarbs maxes bezerk instead of the typical ironskin)

between the mastery and the syngery for Conc and Bezerk , that one point attack is pretty effective if you've better then avg gear (to which I know the people who've posted here and they are in this camp)

Sometimes however grush's is handy. I grushed a pally last weekend for the sole sake of testing out a theorycrafted build which wasn't even possible without the high level items to make "it" work.

I had a level 1 to 81 before the 2 hour perm timer even wore out. :alright:

After I've uber leveled a character to a high level can I go to Normal and buy a Merc that is (my level)-1?

yuppers :nod:

That's the way I always have, which is why I have the question. Never done the grush or uber level thing (and won't because I enjoy questing about as much as anything). Just something I was curious about.

ehh me confused. how do you level up in ubers if you need to be lvl 40+ to get to a5 hell???

ehh me confused. how do you level up in ubers if you need to be lvl 40+ to get to a5 hell???

That would be the "G" part of the G rush (I.e. Glitch).

You party with a higher level character (40+) who already has the ancients quest, but doesn't yet have the Baal quest. That character kills Baal for the quest, your level 1 leeches the quest from town. Ta-Da! One grushed character.

At least that's how I understand it. I've never actually done it. Correct me if I'm wrong.

-hps

HP is right. There are two ways to grush.
1) Search for chars that need the quest and get the Baalquest in town.
2) Rush in Classic and pass the Baalquest for obvious reasons.

i dunno... takes me an hour with a good streak of pub chant games to get to lvl 40 (using some ravenclaw + angelic + sigon gloves goodyness)

i think thats easier than looking for a random person who has ancients done and actually needs baal (most people at that point actually DONT want baal so they can see norm/nm games)

i dunno... takes me an hour with a good streak of pub chant games to get to lvl 40 (using some ravenclaw + angelic + sigon gloves goodyness)

OK so what's the deal with ravenclaw? I see people wanting them but I have no idea why. Inquiring minds want to know!

OK so what's the deal with ravenclaw? I see people wanting them but I have no idea why. Inquiring minds want to know!

read fires exploding arrows , has no stat requirements to equip to speak of. Now imagine a sorc chanting said level 15 with 3K damage and then think about how easy this would make power leveling. I hope your inquiring mind is done reeling :yes:

yep. just yesterday setup my paladin in 3 consecutive stable chant games
1-12 a1
13-24 a2
24-42 a5 all within 1h 10 minutes i believe

read fires exploding arrows , has no stat requirements to equip to speak of. Now imagine a sorc chanting said level 15 with 3K damage and then think about how easy this would make power leveling. I hope your inquiring mind is done reeling :yes:

What kind of radius does the splash damage do for those exploding arrows? Can you fire a few arrows into a pack and the whole pack goes splat? That's probably pretty funny to see if that's what we're talking about.

What kind of radius does the splash damage do for those exploding arrows? Can you fire a few arrows into a pack and the whole pack goes splat? That's probably pretty funny to see if that's what we're talking about.

pretty much. with treads of cthon/vidalas you can clear a talrasha tomb within 1.5-2 minutes

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High