Zealer/1 Point smiter + Lightsabre

Zelator

Dec 27, 2007
Zealer/1 Point smiter + Lightsabre

Yo guys, the question is simple: How well will a Lightsabre do on a 1 point smiter/zealot in the later stages of Hell?

thanks

Re: Zealer/1 Point smiter + Lightsabre

Lightsabre would be a good weapon versus PI, but you would be better of going for a Greif/BOTD Phase Blade or Zerker Axe for your main weapon.

I reckon it can be a decent sub.
Its fast, its got lightning absorb - 25% as well, ITD (for zealing mobs and kicking off the life tap). Maybe even the: "Adds 10-30 Damage" helps with smite damage.

Hmmm that lightning absorb makes me think...how would a lightsabre + t-gods + wisp projectors fare? Hmm

Ok. My input. I made a budget zealot/smiter for general pvm and uber use. I figured that gimmershed would own since its got decent damage. Wrong. I died many times and the attack speed was terrible as well as the smite speed.

Switched to a sabre. With CB from guillaumes+gores and lifetap of dracs. I've yet to die. Its blazing fast, Life tap just kicks in, you life leech fast and its got ITD (ignore target defense) Great as a cheap weapon. Sticking with it until I can afford a grief.

Its fine in a one player game but don't expect to do lots of damage in 8player baal run. =)

I swap between Azurewrath and Lightsabre right now. ITD from Lightsabre is useful but the Azurewrath stuns annoying skeleton archers.

I agree with everything Korgath says. I can pretty much tank two of the ancients on Hell and not die, and the killing speed in acceptable.

Awesome posts guys, exactly what I'd like to hear :)

Do I have to Shael it for max Zeal/Smite speed?

I'm wearing Highlord's Wrath and as far as I can tell I'm hitting max Zeal speed. So, if you can get an additional 20% IAS from your gear you should be fine.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High