One thousand Ladder chaos runs (well...almost)

Re: One thousand Ladder chaos runs (well...almost)

Do you mean in total? Just wondering as 50k is the max cost for a resurrection :whistling:
I figured that his mercenary dies an average of three times per run, so I didn't call him on it.

And Lynn, what?

Do you mean in total? Just wondering as 50k is the max cost for a resurrection :whistling:

He dies between 1 and 4 times per run, most likey 3 times. It is a pain to take a lot of itens on ground, sell to npc, get the merc back. I might try doing it without the merc, i might be able to.

I figured that his mercenary dies an average of three times per run, so I didn't call him on it.

And Lynn, what?

:thumbup:

I used an Act 1 Rogue merc, so mercenary deaths weren't too much of a problem for me. She rarely gets hit, and when she does, she leeches it all back with a shot or two. :p

I wonder if I should make the CtA using the runes I found. What if I get some insanely lame roll....:rant:

Make a CTA GMB, we all know that CTA isn't actually a terrible weapon runeword.

Lynn, I didn't get the months* thing.

TurbulentTurtle said:
Make a CTA GMB, we all know that CTA isn't actually a terrible weapon runeword.
That's an interesting thought. :scratchchin:

I do have a 5 socket GMB somewhere, and CtA bows are sure to raise a few eyebrows.

Very good job man! How difficult was it, seeing that it only took 7 minutes per run, but how well did you have to concentrate to keep from dying?

Kudos!

Very good job man! How difficult was it, seeing that it only took 7 minutes per run, but how well did you have to concentrate to keep from dying?

Kudos!
Being a ranged char, there wasn't a lot of concentration involved. With the Valk as my tank, I just stood back and strafed until everything on my screen died. I did have to pay attention while fighting Diablo though. Lightning hose hurts, especially when he fries you with it while you're trapped inside the bone prison.

Diablo (and Duriel) are the reasons why I'm one of those lamers that always gets a point in Jab, if nothing else, in the Jav/Spear tree. Switch to Javs and jibber-jab the fools to death. If you happen to be wearing Atma's Scarab and Gore Rider, it's a lopsided fight.

A jav/shield on switch is a good idea, but that wasn't an option for me since I carry a CtA/lidless on switch for some extra HP for myself, Valk, and merc. I just had to make do with Guided Arrow against Diablo. Granted, it's not as fast as Jab, but I got to pretend I'm a ninja. :D

Hello Avrae,

you INSPIRED me...that's the least I can say. After reading this topic I decided I wanted to become a wannabe-you, and thus I made a Strafazon myself, but I'll cut it here, you can read my story here
Have you anything left to say but to delete the character (I'd like to re-use the name)
I think there is no point in wasting time on it?

Anyway, this won't keep me from my 'long' journey to do, let's say 250 CS runs, for a start.
(I calculated you have been doing CS runs for about 60 days straight, that's maybe a bit too much:whistling:)

For the rest, I'm really, really interested in what skills/gear you used. I messed up myself, and as you seem to be 'the' bowazon expert, I'd like advice. How many +skills did you have, and how many hard-points in Valk, Pierce, Penetrate and Critical Strike (those are the 4 skills which I really don't know of how much points I should put into)

Regards

Last edited:

Curious how long each ran took? I'm guessing that you noted that as well?

Feonn said:
For the rest, I'm really, really interested in what skills/gear you used. I messed up myself, and as you seem to be 'the' bowazon expert, I'd like advice. How many +skills did you have, and how many hard-points in Valk, Pierce, Penetrate and Critical Strike (those are the 4 skills which I really don't know of how much points I should put into)
I posted my gear on the second page. As for skills, it's a standard strafezon:

20 strafe
20 Penetrate
20 Valk
1 each in D/A/E/Critical Strike/Pierce
I believe I put a few additional points in D/A/E/Crit/Pierce to get to a slightly higher number, but I'll have to check.
I have +5 skills in total, 3 from Torch, 1 from Anni, and 1 from CtA.

I really recommend maxing out Valk since she's such an awesome tank. Penetrate is really helpful too; it's less of an asset when you're using Faith since Faith already provides lots of AR, but for a Windforce user, Penetrate really gave me some needed AR. As for the other skills you mentioned, I'd just put 1 point initially and see where +skills take you, and invest additional points as needed. Bowazons usually have no problem with running out of skill points, so you'll have lots of wiggle room.

Lynn, I didn't get the months* thing.
This little adventure of his went on for months. The asterisk was used to emphasize the word. Suppose I could have just italicized it to make it more clear? :p

Would you still recommend maxing valk if you are using the "Peace" runeword instead of a fort? ( haven't built one on ladder yet but found the wf :D ) since the runeword has a chance to spawn a lvl 15 valk and I have hit the valk on almost every single strafe.

I suppose with Peace, a maxed out Valk isn't necessary since a lvl 15 Valk is still quite capable of tanking. However, I'd recommend Treachery over Peace for a bowazon: you get much needed IAS and the ability to use a maxed Valk. The only thing you lose is the +2 zon skills, which won't affect a bowazon too much.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High