Sincere condolences

McCain123

Jun 4, 2004
Sincere condolences

I thought it would be nice to express your condolences without spamming the RIP-thread. Just copy the RIP-entry and your comment here.

RIP: Our Fallen Friends
Death Certificate

Character name: Librasulus
Character level: 77
Character class: Paladin
Character build: Hammerdin
Game difficulty: Hell
Act: 1
Corpse looted: No
Death type: PvM

I'm a sucker for punishment...just did Countess, got a Key...ran on to get wp for Cloister and mule it...saw the Pits on the way...stop...muse I might find some good stuff in there...came across an ambush of Rogue Archers with curse from below me, Skeletons with Might from the right and Fallen boss with lightning from the left...merc goes down in 2 secs, I S&E immediately...here's the sucker for punishment part...I rejoined for revenge and the same thing happened except I tried to fight on and got my bum handed to me...lost a nifty 30 to life 22 to mana large charm and a 19 to life 7% poison res that I picked up on the way to the Tower and i'm mostly peeved at the loss of a Fal rune, aforementioned Key and my 33% Gheeds, to say nowt of my gear which wasn't bad...oh well, rebuild with a Sorc next I think as that was my first ladder death...

Sorry to hear that mate. I guess you have no chars at the moment, so as soon as your new sorc hits level 24, I can rush you through normal and we can do some Baals together, as I´m struggeling for levels aswell.

Re: Sincere condolences

Mucho appreciatedo my friend, I think as I am not at work today (twisted my ankle very badly at the weekend, ripped some stuff, nicely coloured) I will get on before KTA and get her started...I have the runes and an empty 4-socket Broadsword for a Spirit so that should get me off the ground with her...i'll shout you if I see you on, thanks again :thumbup:

I have always thought of there being a need for a R.I.P. thread discussion. Sometimes you just want more of the story, or just to comment but you can't.

So I approve of this thread.

Sorry, for the loss, it sucks to lose a character, but it seems like you have the friends to help get you back on your feet luckily.

I have always thought of there being a need for a R.I.P. thread discussion. Sometimes you just want more of the story, or just to comment but you can't.

So I approve of this thread.

Sorry, for the loss, it sucks to lose a character, but it seems like you have the friends to help get you back on your feet luckily.

This is the way to do it. We can't have discussion in the RIP thread or it becomes a total mess (or worse a PK debate).

I'm ZappaFan and I approve this message. :thumbup:

Character name: Rejuvnation
Character level: 29
Character class: Sorceress
Character build: Future Orb/TK
Game difficulty: Normal
Act: 5

and

Character name: ThePerfectSLave
Character level: 56
Character class: Sorceress
Character build: Blizzard
Game difficulty: Nightmare
Act: 3

Damn dude! Thats some bad luck in a short space of time...condolences...

Thanks man... no worries about the Rejuvnation sorc though, the name was spelled wrong! Remake is 45, so I'm fine. Hows your sorc doing?

Death Certificate

Character name: FROZENBIATCH
Character level: 19
Character class: Sorc
Character build: Orb/TK
Game difficulty: Norm
Act: 2

Cause of demise: Tried taking on Duriel solo. At level 19, I thought it would be cake, but its damn hard killing at the early lvls with the orb/tk build. Anyway got down to the chamber static'ed him to half health and emilio died in 2 hits. Tried to tp back but Duriel got on top of me fast. Hit me once knocked me down to half health and interrupted my tp cast. Tried to S&E, hit esc mouse slipped and mashed the left mouse button. Saw the video options screen and knew I was done.

Lesson: Don't panic and don't be an idiot:crazyeyes:

Sorry to hear that, but at least this death was unnecessary. In normal you should always drink black bottles before fighting Andariel and white bottles before fighting Duriel to improve poison and cold res. Feed a few to the merc aswell then he lasts longer.

[highlight]RIP: Our Fallen Friends[/highlight]
[highlight]Death Certificate[/highlight]

Character name: [highlight]ZappaFan_Singer[/highlight]
Character level: [highlight]54[/highlight]
Character class: [highlight]Barbarian[/highlight]
Character build: [highlight]Singer/Frenzier[/highlight]
Game difficulty: [highlight]Nightmare[/highlight]
Act: [highlight]4 (Izzy)[/highlight]
Corpse looted: [highlight]Yes[/highlight]
Death type: [highlight]PvM[/highlight]

[highlight]Cause of demise:[/highlight] Impatience and utter stupidity. Been a grind leveling up my two first S5 characters, and finally got to the point where I'm just about to do NM Forge. Had gotten the City waypoint but did not see Izzy on my way (wasn't doing a total clearing because again, I was in a hurry to get to NM forge). So I decided to double back and hit Izzy before I went ahead onto River. Got overwhelmed by a bunch of nasty Gloams and died a very quick death. Thanks to TheDarkSide for helping me loot. Been quite a while since I had a death I probably needed a reminder. I was playing WAY too recklessly.

Ouch, sorry to hear that :( At least you got looted..

RIP:

Death Certificate

Character Name: Naeth
Character Level: 31
Character Class: Necromancer
Character Build: Fishymancer
Difficulty: Normal
Act: Act 4 - Chaos Sanctuary
Corpse Looted: No
Death Type: PvM

In a 8 player game, decided to take on Diablo. All was going well until Big D lightninged all my skellys, so I tp'ed out to grab some more from cold plains. Diablo had about 1/5 life left so I was happy, entered back through my tp and instantly Diablo started his lightning attack again, straight at me. I think I died in less than a second, while trying to quaff my rejuvs. Note to self for next time, don't tp so close to Diablo. *Tear.

Sorry for your loss. It seems I was just luckier than you yesterday. I did the same on Hell for the reason, that your minions need ages to regroup on Dia and when I came back he instantly Boneprisoned me. Really bad feeling beeing two yards away from Dia, unable to move, one finger on the Juvs, mentally ready for S&E. Luckily my Gumby and Decryptify slowed him down that much, that he didn´t try anything on me, before my skellies had destroyed my prison.

And a second note for all you Summoners out there:
BE CAREFUL WHEN CLICKING ON EVIL URNS.
Even worse then my trip to Dia, was a careless click on an evil urn in act5 thinking my skellies will handle it. The monsters of the evil urn spawned right on top of me so the situation looked like this, me in the middle, then a circle of monsters and arround that a circle of skellies. With a little more bad luck on the monsters mods, this would have been my first RIP entry, so I just had a heartbeat of 140 and 8 big purples less, when the inner ring disappeared.

Sincere condolences

Death Certificate

Character Name: Kelba
Character Level: 77
Character Class: Barbarian
Character Build: Berzerker
Difficulty: Hell
Act: Act 1 - Tower
Corpse Looted: Yes

screenshot022gx0.jpg

Nasty little pack there -- but not (by far) the worst I've run into in the Tower; Champion Ghosts or Archers with Might or Fanaticism, particularly as stair traps on the odd-numbered levels, are even worse. :eek:mg:

BTW -- Running anywhere in HC Nightmare or Hell without a belt of nice big, fat purple potions (especially as a melee fighter and even more especially if you're a Berserker and can't leech) == verrrry bad idea! Every one of my HC characters, even the ones just starting out, have a purple-colored belt; helps immensely in getting past act bosses, too.

Condolences on your loss there. It's still an accomplishment to get to Hell in the first place, which I have yet to do this ladder season... wish me luck.

Cheers

Mr_Bill

BTW -- Running anywhere in HC Nightmare or Hell without a belt of nice big, fat purple potions (especially as a melee fighter and even more especially if you're a Berserker and can't leech) == verrrry bad idea! Every one of my HC characters, even the ones just starting out, have a purple-colored belt; helps immensely in getting past act bosses, too.

I have to agree with this. My characters generally have 1 row blue, 3 rows purple. A healing potion will not always be enough to heal you quick enough. You need the insta heal of a rejuv more often then not.

My Zerker's though, tend to be 1 blue/1 red/2 purple. Since they have no way of leeching, and sometimes the Insight/Prayer Merc heal is a bit to slow.

Just less than a week later and my Singer rebuild hit 50 this morning whilst glitching NM Meph.

Character name: [highlight]ZappaFan_Singer[/highlight]
Character level: [highlight]54[/highlight]
Character class: [highlight]Barbarian[/highlight]
Character build: [highlight]Singer/Frenzier[/highlight]
Game difficulty: [highlight]Nightmare[/highlight]
Act: [highlight]4 (Izzy)[/highlight]
Corpse looted: [highlight]Yes[/highlight]

[highlight]Cause of demise:[/highlight] Impatience and utter stupidity. Been a grind leveling up my two first S5 characters, and finally got to the point where I'm just about to do NM Forge. Had gotten the City waypoint but did not see Izzy on my way (wasn't doing a total clearing because again, I was in a hurry to get to NM forge). So I decided to double back and hit Izzy before I went ahead onto River. Got overwhelmed by a bunch of nasty Gloams and died a very quick death. Thanks to TheDarkSide for helping me loot. Been quite a while since I had a death I probably needed a reminder. I was playing WAY too recklessly.

Ouch, sorry to hear that :( At least you got looted..

Thor will sadly be missed TJ...that was an evil evil bunch of mods for a Soul :shocked:

Thank you - I will surely miss him alot.

Decided not to rebuild him yet. I am making a Windy as a replacement.
Just erasing him didn't seem right, so he is still among us in his dark robes.

:cry:

Character name: JonesMcBones
Character level: 80
Character class: Necromancer
Character build: Bonemancer
Game difficulty: Hell
Act: 1 - Tower

Oh I am so sorry to hear that harry. The countess can spawn some pretty nasty packs. Hopefully you have some stuff muled to get another char started. And if not - give me a whisper, and we'll work something out (*TJ_Hardcore).

RIP JonesMcBones
:cry:

Thanks. I managed to pack some bits and pieces away though, so no worries.

Next time I'll be leaving the rune hunting to the professionals though. :)

Character name: [highlight]Bloodmix[/highlight]
Character level: [highlight]72[/highlight]
Character class: [highlight]Necromancer[/highlight]
Character build: [highlight]Skelliemancer[/highlight]
Game difficulty: [highlight]Hell[/highlight]
Act: [highlight]2 - Canyon Of The Magi[/highlight]
Corpse looted: [highlight]No[/highlight]

[highlight]Cause of demise:[/highlight]

My first real HC character. Was clearing through act 2 with a couple of gauss members, was a bit worried that my resists were too low but otherwise our small group was very capable. Just killed summoner, running to Tal Rasha's Tomb, I stop for a second to increase the volume in options menu... BAM slain by a Hellcat javalin thrown from off screen in a single hit. It all happened so fast that I hit enter to exit options... and ended up exiting the game instead. Thanks to the guys who were playing with me, was fun and hope you managed to kill duriel without any hiccups.

Death Certificate

Character Name: IvansWarMachine
Character Level: 88
Character Class: Sorc
Character Build: MetOrb
Difficulty: Hell
Act: Act 5 - Lvl 3 of the Nilly Hotel
Corpse Looted: No - Brave effort from my BO Barb but alas no

:cry: I share your pain :cry:.

But alas - there is no going back to softcore. Hardcore is the real deal. Softcore feels like cheating when you have tried Hardcore seriously.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High