Etdlahq Memorial Bar - your shelter from forum crashes continued

For clarity, this isn't aimed at you Dry, I'm quoting to link context. "You" refers to people in general, not you specifically.

--

There are exemptions - at least in the UK. The problem is everyone is treated like a criminal for something that isn't in their control. It shouldn't be necessary to go through medical history in a shop to get served. Would you like to be asked the date of your last prostate/cervical exam, what contraceptives you use or the date of your last invasive procedure?

No one would ask someone in a wheelchair to prove that they can't walk up steps rather than use a ramp.

But that's the situation here. It's incredibly isolating and humiliating to have to have this EVERYTIME you want to go and get something. Many people who have exemptions are just deciding not to leave the house; if we go out, we don't stop anywhere. Think about that; you are out and want to use the toilet ... you can't because you will be abused for going into a shop or service station without a mask. Try living like that.

The disabled are being marginalized and criminalized not just by Government but by the population in general.

So if you see someone without a mask, can you at least consider they may have a (hidden) disability which means they are exempt and have a bit of understanding, rather than look daggers at them or abuse them. You can't see things like COPD, deafness, autism or PTSD; a few of the things which make mask-wearing or dealing with people wearing masks somewhere between difficult to downright impossible.

So how was gofest for everyone? I didn’t get a ton of shinies but my victini is pretty good.

*serves Dew

*serves wine

*serves tea

MrsNix is finding mask wearing very isolating because she is so hard of hearing, masks make the use of hearing aids difficult and she cannot read people's lips, but living in the COVID epicentre of Melbourne (if not Australia) it really is a must.

I didn't partake in the weekends global Poke fest. I'll have to wait for a long time to register Victini into my Pokedex.

We definitely have exemptions as well in Australia. Communicating with hard of hearing/disabled, industries that require proper enunciation, teachers can choose, etc. And I do understand that it would be tiring to be questioned at every turn, which is why it should be left up to the authorities, and not general population. If you have a reasonable excuse and want to enter business premises, there are options: politely and quietly talk to a staff and let them know, or, if one of them asks, briefly say medical reasons. You don't have to go into detail, nor discuss it with anyone else. We have places that now have statements along the lines of 'no mask, no entry,' but they have to allow someone entry if needed. At best, they can call authorities and have the police attend and question (if they get there in time.) And in this case, it's as simple as a brief information of medical reasons, and the police are fine.
But arguing with officers, refusing to give name and address, and carrying on show that the people don't have legitimate exemptions. In Australia, we have to show ID if requested by police, or can be detained until they can determine our identity/there is no risk. Unlike US, we can't just refuse all questioning and waste police time; we can remain silent, but we are creating a reason to be detained until identification is determined. So by recording and creating a scene, they are practically admitting they don't have a legitimate reason, and are, under our current law as we are in a State of Emergency, are committing an offense.

As I'm not in a high risk category, and honestly don't see people, I'm really not fussed either way. I'll wear a covering in shops or crowded areas, I'll wear one when passing notably at risk people, or groups. But when I'm working, I'm alone with animals in the middle of an open park, I'll temporarily remove it. Sensible and reasonable, and I keep something with me just in case I do encounter someone. I'll also cover up when around certain client houses and take extra precautions. A known affiliate of one of my clients is a teacher at a a school that has had one positive case, and so when I work with that client, (she is very informative and helpful,) I take a few extra steps.
We don't have to take such extreme steps if people followed (un)common sense and respect for each other. And the vast majority are really supporting and amazing during this time. But the vocal minority create much more risk for everyone, and don't follow (un)common sense, and so these extremes need to be taken.

So when you've been instructed by the doctor not to do any repetitive lifting with your left arm for four weeks, and you think "It's just an inflamed muscle, I'll be OK lifting a few of these boxes or using my left hand to hold the side of these larger boxes" then you shouldn't be surprised when the muscle pain that nearly disappeared rears it's head back with a vengeance.

Those 4 weeks beeing careful might turn into 6 weeks in a cast if you can't restrain yourself from using that left arm.

Reactions: Vildecor
So when you've been instructed by the doctor not to do any repetitive lifting with your left arm for four weeks, and you think "It's just an inflamed muscle, I'll be OK lifting a few of these boxes or using my left hand to hold the side of these larger boxes" then you shouldn't be surprised when the muscle pain that nearly disappeared rears it's head back with a vengeance.
I have a small tear in my labrum in my shoulder that eventually needs surgery. I know all too well the feeling of "hey this one minor task will be fine, right?" And then you spend the next couple of days regretting picking up that apparently just too heavy object off of the shelf at the grocery store. Hope the rest of your recovery goes relatively pain free.

Reactions: Vildecor
Can I get a beer? Me and the kids are in a cabin for a week vacation by the sea. After a year that has been intense with separation, moving to a new house, losing my job and finding a new one I am finally landing I think.

Still fighting with the ex, but the day of the final divorce is getting closer so after that I will be able to breath easier.

Ah, what the heck. Give me a G&T instead!!

Grabs a Urthel Samaranth and some darjeeling tea, better stay hidrated with the temperatures reaching 34°C here.

Having a fused wrist I feel your pain.

Well just when I thought things were turning around, the buyer's of my previous home sent another letter from their realtor this time, the realtor was asking for 1k and the buyers asking 2.5k for cleaning up their new property. I'm at a total loss of words. Concerned? Not at all, they didn't do a final walk-through, thus accepting the place as is per law the best my realtor can attest to without speaking to a lawyer.

let me first return the beer keg and cancel the dancing girls, then I'm all ears so you can explain that.

let me first return the beer keg and cancel the dancing girls, then I'm all ears so you can explain that.
Hehehe... It's a city boy visting some farmers. He comes running with a bucket and says sorry it took so long time to milk your cow. The farmer replies: we don't have a cow, just a bull...

Really funny. Silly but funny 😀

Mna I've had a heck of a weekend. Went on a small vacation, got a cabin out in Broken Bow, Oklahoma with the wife and relaxed a bit. One small mishap on the journey was we went to one of those fun places where you throw axes at a wall. Great time and cheap to boot. The one drawback was my wife cut her head open while doing it (long story short, if it's a double bladed ace, be careful on your back swing) and we had to take her to the nearby urgent care where they threw in a few staples and got her some antibiotics. Temporary freak out moment but in the end a fun story.

The other downside to the trip is we ate POORLY the entire time. Which is to say we ate delicious food which consisted of things like lamb chops, ribeye steaks, caprese sandwiches, and other indulgences. Our dieting went way out of the window (We do weight watchers, it's actually gotten us some considerable losses without feeling like we're depriving ourselves. I'm at ~70 lbs lost, she's at ~90 lbs lost) so we have to get back on track the rest of this week.

I think I need not a drink. Unless it's water. Yesssss. Hail hydrate.

Reactions: Luhkoh
Hey I found the bar over here. Thy promised cookies and I am here to collect :)

70 lbs of weight loss is no joke, nice job. I have been working out since quarantine and have lost a grand total of 8 lbs, of which I already put back on 3 drinking dr pepper since I returned to work. One of these days I will get back on the diet train and actually lose weight.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High