Avenger twinking questions

smilts

Aug 4, 2006
Avenger twinking questions

Im starting my Abbot avenger and was wondering what a good mid lvl weapon would be for his main hand just to last until he can weild the Gris caddy. Also he wont be investing any points into conviction so would it be worth it to carry a wand with lower resist charges on weapon switch for those tougher fights

Re: Avenger twinking questions

I'm working on my own Avenger ATM who's in the high 40's is using Ginther's Rift Dimensonal Blade. Its physical damage is mediocre but the inherent magic damage makes up for it. I basically use it for nearly every melee build throughout Nightmare until I can equip an endgame weapon. It rulez.

Some of the level ~35 required weapons that I like on different occasions:

Butcher's Pupil
Dark Clan Crusher
Fleshrender
Sureshrill Frost
The Fetid Sprinkler <--- +2 Pally skills will be nice too
Ginther's Rift

Before that, I either go with whatever big 2-hander (Bonesnap or Steeldriver, most likely), or pair a Jewels of Carnage shield with this puppy with 2x PSkulls and 4x Jewels of Carnage:

Gemmed Superior War Axe
One-Hand Damage: 11 to 71
Durability: 26 of 26
Required Strength: 67
Required Level: 18
Axe Class - Normal Attack Speed
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 82
Fingerprint: 0x202bd8b
+13% Enhanced Damage
+51 to Maximum Damage
8% Life stolen per hit
6% Mana stolen per hit
Socketed (6: 6 used)

And personally, for Normal & Nightmare, you should be able to get by just fine without Lower Resist. For hell though...

I'm using a decent %ed once-up'ed Steeldriver with my current Avenger, and that works pretty darn well. However, I am going with full conviction, which makes a difference. His LCS damage at lvl 60 (or so) is only about 2.5k-4.2k, but 70% of that damage is increased by his conviction aura that grants -100% enemy resists. This results in one-hit-kills on players8 Act 3 NM. The weapon itself is a little slow, but I'm looking for ways to speed it up- and Highlord's is just around the corner for me, which will help.

Overall, Steeldriver (and up'ed Steeldriver, once you're of sufficient level to equip it) is a very decent choice of twinking weapon for any SC avenger- the combination of high damage and (almost) decent speed aren't matched by anything I've yet seen.

i'm an advocate of the upp'd steeldriver. lvl 34 req and next to no str. :thumbsup: shael it and she goes faster

However for one handed i'd probably slap on a butchers cleaver

If you have some runes to burn and play RWM, an etherial 'oath' small crescent will take you a very long way.

thnx for the advice this is my first stab at avenger. Also the thought of using Lower resist was just to get a little help since i will be running cleansing all of the time.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High