The Questions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Questions Thread

I seem to remember reading somewhere in an imbuing guide that if you imbued Circlets or Diadems, you could get any Prefix/Suffix, not just those related to your character level (for normal items it is CL + 6 or +4, right?). Is that true, or was it a reference to an earlier version?

Thanks.

AFAIK, that's not true for 1.11b. They do get a bonus when determining the max affix level, though, which means that they'll get higher level affixes at lower item levels than other items.

EDIT: And yes, when imbuing the new item has an ilvl equal to clvl + 4. Circlets (and IIRC, some class specific items) add their "magic level" to this to determine the maximum available affix level.

so despite being counted as off-weapon damage, you still need to hit with the weapon with that mod to get the benefit? bummer =P

Heh, it's not off-weapon but on-off-hand-weapon, same as with regular %ED :tongue:

For Baal running with a pure Blizzard sorc...

1) There isn't a minimum damage needed to succeed right? I'm too embarassed to say how much damage she does (twinked, but with very cheap stuff).

2) Is there any way to deal with the Undead wave (#2) other than either waiting on the merc or using Bonehew on switch? My merc can't leech here, so he'll probably end up dying. =\.

3) For said merc, which of the following setups would work best? I have mana issues, but potting is a small enough sacrifice.
>> Insight | Vampire Gaze (Sol) | Gladiator's Bane (Sol).
>> Reaper's (Amn) | Vamp (Sol) | GBane (Sol).
>> Reaper's (Shael) | Vamp (IAS) | GBane (IAS).

EDIT: Oops. Forgot to say that my merc is a Defiance type.

Pretty silly questions, but searching did me no good. heh.

EDIT 2: Wrong link? o_O.

Last edited:

@Nagisa-
1) No, no minimum, just adjust the /players setting until you're comfortable. A +zero skills blizzsorc can do this.

2) Static field helps here. Spam Glacial Spike at the mummies w/ blizz going on them until they expire, then teleport right on top of the skeletons one at a time so your merc doesn't have to wander around decrepified, and while you're there hit Static a few times. If your Insight is in a good polearm, that'll work, but I prefer Reapers

3) I would go with option 2 for your merc. I love Reapers on him. My merc uses Reapers, Ethereal Guardian Angel and Kiras Guardian (for the +res and CBF). He rarely dies, usually to lister&co. or IM clearing the throne.

For all waves, I've found that spamming GS to freeze everyone in place is essential. If they can't move, you and your merc can live. Blizz+GS+GS+GS Repeat. If you're feeling brave then start with GS+SF+GS+SF+GS then go to Blizz. It's dangerous if you get a fast moving pack and they surround you while you're doing this, though.

@NagisaFurukawa:

For Baal running with a pure Blizzard sorc...

1) Running in heavy MF gear, using 4 Chilling GC but not Spirit, I deal around 4,5K. Its more than enough.

2) I usually play first 2 waves in /p1. After wave#2 spawns, I set it to /p8 so If something happens, wave#3 will already spawn in the right setting. My merc uses Eth Reapers, and I help by teleing him on top of the skeletons and SFielding them to half.

3) I'd go with #3 option od those, but I worry about fire resists. Hydras form wave #3 can scorch him pretty bad.

Taking forever to kill /p1 OKs and Skelletons makes me not have good time on Baal runs. Maybe a hydrid build with 20 fireball 1FM can make it faster while loosing only the points in the last sinergy.

New question:

Can one 'up' plain, socketed items? (ie. grey text) If so, what are the recipes?

Hi there, couple of Qs

Just transferred all my characters to my new (XP Pro using) laptop, but I have lost all my maps, which files are they again, I thought I got them all by transferring the whole "Save" folder across?

Also to save spamming the GoMule thread what's the file for my GoMule gold?

Thanks in advance

EDIT: zarirazz: most characters have them, but my countess runner doesn't, weird thanks

Last edited:

iirc the maps are character.ma0, character.ma1, character.ma2 and so on..

Also to save spamming the GoMule thread what's the file for my GoMule gold?

IIRC, it's <GoMule dir>\projects\<Your project>\project.properties.

BTW, the map files only store data about which parts of the map you've explored. They're not related to the actual map layout.

Ok, thinking of doing some amulet crafting, and I`ve read what I found on that topic through forum, so I just want to make sure that I`m doing thingz right to get best possible affixes & suffixes.
1. Best amulets for crafting are ones gambled from Anya?
2. I shall craft with as high clvl char that I got?

1) All that matters is the level you gamble them at. Whether it's at Gheed or Anya is irrelevant.

2) If you're looking for high lvl affixes, yes.

Ok, thinking of doing some amulet crafting, and I`ve read what I found on that topic through forum, so I just want to make sure that I`m doing thingz right to get best possible affixes & suffixes.

Best to craft with high ilvl items with high clvl characters.
And no, I don't think it is necessarily Anya who gives the high ilvl items.
The ilvl of the items you gamble depends on the clvl of the character that is gambling.

And iirc, the best ilvl for the resulting ammy is >= 90 since this is the ilvl the +2 skills appear, they say.
So if your highest character (which you should use to craft) is say clvl 90, then the lowest ammy ilvl you should consider is ilvl 90.
If your highest clvl is 85, then use a ilvl >= 96 ammy (if that option is open for you).

As for me, I just pool all my high ilvl ammy (~ 90+) and use those in my clvl94 Sorc just to be sure.

Whether this is completely correct, let's wait for confirmation.

--maxgerin

If you want best chance (100%) on having 4 extra affixes then half of your level plus half of the item level should be 71 or over. Gambling gives you at least clev-5 level items. So clev - 2,5 should be over 71, which means clev 74.

Doesn't matter from which vendor you gamble as the level of items gambled depends only on the character level.

Topi

EDIT: If you want specific affixes then substitute the affix level for the 71 in the above calculation to get the level you need.

I would like to know if this is possible...

Shocking Small Charm of Storms
Keep in Inventory to Gain Bonus
Required Level: 82
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 85
Fingerprint: 0xfcab7aa1
Adds 2-71 lightning damage

...it is only now that I saw this charm after a long long time.
Was going over my stashes and I saw this might be useful.
Then I started doubting the mods and the ilvl.
Traded for it +2 years ago, but never got the chance to use it.
Now I'm doubting it's legitimacy.
Nobody inquired about it when it was posted a long time ago, even I failed to notice.
But according to Arreat Summit;
"Shocking +1 Minimum and +44-71 Maximum Lightning Damage Small Charms(90)"
The "(90)" I suppose means that ilvl =/> 90 are the ones that can get the mod Shocking on a SC, so how come this one has it?
Clarification would be very much appreciated.

I wouldn't divulge the original owner for now (since I have no conclusive evidence), but I have painstakingly traced where it came from.
The person involved is still an active member and trader.

--maxgerin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High